Poll: What do you think of the next expansion?

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FreaknRhinos View Post
    There isn't any proof. I asked for a AFTER launch stance. You failed to bring me proof of an official stance AFTER launch. Instead you brought me pre expansion hype train Blizzard does for every single expansion reveal. The novels, the lore, the Chronicles, all blame Garrosh for MoP, and WoD.

MoP was about Garrosh, not the conflict. Unless you can bring me proof that it wasn't. Like I said, I will admit to superiority still, if you bring me proof.

Look up Garrosh in Chronicles.

That's the Lore, like it or not.
    The alliance went to Pandaria to find Anduin. Fighting the horde was an unexpected turn of events

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Them not liking the theme is an argument, but thinking the expansion will be bad because of that...is retarded and shows the lack of an argument MMO-C whiners have these days.
    I think the expansion will be bad because the theme has such a limited scope and the theme has been done to death within the same game. It's war. On Azeroth. Again.

Blizzard clearly has a comfort zone here and the problem is their comfort zone doesn't exactly produce works of art.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    But no one can form a proper argument for their disappointment.
    Multiple people have formed a proper argument. You may not agree but that is a different thing entirely.

I personally don't like the forced conflict between Horde and Alliance that will most likely (based on past history) go nowhere. Neither side can win the war, neither side can cause any lasting damage. At the end of the expansion we will be back where we are now with hatred simmering between the factions but us banding together against a greater evil.

Only 3 zones for leveling per faction is not a selling point either.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I think the expansion will be bad because the theme has such a limited scope and the theme has been done to death within the same game. It's war. On Azeroth. Again.

Blizzard clearly has a comfort zone here and the problem is their comfort zone doesn't exactly produce works of art.
    Except we already know it will expand outside of the faction war with Azshara and more threats later on.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    I dunno, it feels like they are just milking their cash cow. Feels bland and boring. Was way more excited about Legion. The Island exedition seems mweh, same for warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    Doubt it. I'm willing to bet half way through the expansion N'Zoth will show up, something really bad will happen, and the horde and alliance will ally again and take him down. And that will end the faction wars forever, because both sides realise that they need each other or something stupid like that.
    No way will N'zoth be the focus of the expansion finale. They are going to have an expansion centered on N'zoth, you can be certain of that. Doubly so since this is a variation of the story Pandaria already had; old gods manipulating things, etc. I'd prefer something more original. Most likely the 8.0 story will imply where everything is headed, so we'll wait and see I guess.

Not very excited. I think i will follow this one from afar, pass for now though. Looks pretty boring, and makes little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Said this in the other thread, I'm really hoping the entire expansion is not just about this faction war. It doesn't bode well that is what was focused on in the starter video for the expansion, but I can still hope that it's just a setup...
    He pretty much made clear that this is going to be like Landfall. The faction war is gonna be 1 patch long, then Azshara is gonna pop up in the second raid and we will probably shy away from the faction war, it's a good excuse to revamp world PvP and add a battleground. They've been doing this sort of thing since MoP now, instead of expansion about X, and we build upto X over the expansion, we get Expansion X and the narrative changes dramatically over time which leads us into Expansion Y with a more fluid feel. There is no immediate threat to Azeroth after Antorus, because we have defeated the legion, we war amongst ourselves, then Azshara invades (I guess 8.1?). It makes sense if you think about it rationally. I don't think this expansion is about a faction war at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Multiple people have formed a proper argument. You may not agree but that is a different thing entirely.

I personally don't like the forced conflict between Horde and Alliance that will most likely (based on past history) go nowhere. Neither side can win the war, neither side can cause any lasting damage. At the end of the expansion we will be back where we are now with hatred simmering between the factions but us banding together against a greater evil.

Only 3 zones for leveling per faction is not a selling point either.
    Did they ever confirm that though? it could be there are queslines on the opposite faction zones, like, invasion questlines, maybe not a whole zones worth, but filler levels.
    Diablo Bore.

The only thing that good me kinda excited is that coat transmog the Human is wearing.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Wow 2 would have scared 90% of the players away. They don't want to lose their characters. mounts, pets , achievements etc. YOU would've killed Wow, not Blizz.
    Wow 2 would be perfectly fine if done correctly. You could do it almost like Cataclysm but truly resetting everything. And having a streamlined line version of the old game still there under the new engine and systems

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    It's all about the journey, dude...
    That's the problem. Will the journey be fun? Or will Blizzard pull punches -- or worse, pull punches on only one side? Cataclysm was atrocious in terms of the faction war.

Did they ever confirm that though? it could be there are queslines on the opposite faction zones, like, invasion questlines, maybe not a whole zones worth, but filler levels.
    Yes, you unlock other faction's continent on level cap, same system with dungeons attached to the continents.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It seems so stupid, that after fighting to save the world again, that the ally and horde go back to killing each other. Not to excited tbh
    Then you don't like WarCraft. What you like is PeaceCraft. That is not this game. It never has been. Humans vs Orcs. Alliance vs Horde. That is the core of WoW and will always be. If you dont like that then go play something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I love how they try to hide the server merges behind "its 2017, we dont need PVE and PVP servers anymore.". LoL good one Ion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You know, this was probably long in the works since they put the opposing faction's name in orange.
    You come get the voodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post

The only thing that good me kinda excited is that coat transmog the Human is wearing.
    How did I miss that. Sign me up, please!

As of right now, no it isn't

10 dungeons vs WoDs 8
    6 Zones vs WoDs 6 (with world quests) which equals far more content than WoDs world content
    WoD had zero no pve content features outside of Garrisons, which weren't real content, no matter how small or big, great or terrible they end up being, BFA has 2 brand new types of content for Pve and Pvp players.
    New battleground and Arenas. WoD: Ashran

M+ and AP like systems in BFA ensure higher replay ability as well as more content
    Oh, god, the itemized list arguments, already?

Let's be honest here - you can try, I know you're an addict and your addiction compels you to support whatever they do - this is World of Fancraft: Ion Plays It Safe.

Maybe it'll be okay. Maybe it won't. You don't have any idea either, just like the people who weren't overwhelmed by the reveal. You don't win this with the magical powers of lists.

Was MoP just about finding Pandaria?
    Was WOD just about stopping the Iron horde?
    Was Cata just about Deathwing?
    Was Legion just about the Legion

Nope. So quit acting like the only plot point in this expansion is The Faction War.
    Diablo Bore.

They did, they stated world quests for all 6 zones would open at 120 but leveling would be done in those 3 zones

First of all for all the people worrying about it being just faction wars, it won't. Obviously the beginning of the story will be, but as we go further, and more patches come out we'll eventually head towards something bigger. As you can see we're facing Azshara, and at the end of the presentation they made a comment about the war being meaningless if there's nothing to rule afterwards (or something like that) hinting that there is some bigger stuff around the corner (probably N'zoth).

As for the systems. They sound underwhelming, but we literally know nothing about them so time will tell.

While I also dislike the artificial alliance vs horde conflict, it opens up some space for more interesting character development than what we had in legion.

tldr: Not as hyped as I was for Legion, but potentially good foundations for a nice expansion, so we'll see.