Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And you think Horde losing it's most defensive kingdoms out of all places, with the Forsaken and Blood Elves controlling pretty much entire continent is realistic?

You think Forsaken losing Lordaeron, with multiple kindgoms worth of empty land as buffer to the south, there being pretty much no landing spots for Alliance navy other than Southshore (which is a Blight lake that the Forsaken are unable to clean), Gilneas (which means walking through Greymane Wall's gate chokepoint), Faldris Cove in Arathi (even bigger chokepoint of a fucking cave), North Tide's Beachhead in Silverpine (which means walking through the chokepoint of the border wall between Silverpine and Tirisfal, right next to Undercity) or on northern shore of Tirisfal (walking straight into Forsaken seat of power with no time for preparation) and the only land entry being half of a bridge that is the biggest chokepoint on the planet, with Forsaken having a navy capable of blockading Gilneas for years and Blight to make scorched earth warfare look like a kindgerarten activity is realistic by any stretch of the word?

You think Horde losing Quel'thalas which should have impenetrable defenses with Sunwell reignited is realistic?

You think the Horde capturing the entirety of Night Elven territory after suffering those two monumental losses, after Garrosh failed to conquer just fucking Ashenvale alone for three years straight is realistic?

What the fuck are you smoking.
    Remember when you were gloating about how the Alliance would never get those kingdoms back?

Human fanboy wankfest expansion.

Clearly we were not getting enough humans shoved down our throats already. So lets add another fucking human kingdom. Oh and we'll take back another fucking human kingdom. And let's kill off the night elves because they're the only alliance race powerful enough to be comparable to humans.

This is basically worst case scenario for anyone that likes non-human alliance races, but doesn't like humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Witcher 3 influence showing?
    I thought the same thing. Very witcher like, even the monsters! Can't complain about that, that's wonderful.

That cinematic was fucking amazing. And we are getting San'lyn(Void elves look just like them)?? So we get both blood elves and undead in one basically? Awesome. More Horde tears for me to enjoy.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2017-11-03 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Taunka would have been fantastic, Vrykul would have been a good match for humans. Undead Elves/reskinned humans a la Nathanos for undead, etc.
    They'd also mirror the deep connection HM Tauren established with TB Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Honestly, Worgen could have gotten a tie-in with Feral Night Elven Worgen somehow.

I mean honestly what's required for most of these? Skins that already exist? A handful of model tweaks? This entire expansion is going to flop. Hard.
    Yeah, other than Worgen (though effectively they could get away with minor changes, while using, following your example, normal Nelf model for the other form), all the playable races have a viable sub-race candidates with in-game models. Even if making more varied sub-races like Nightborne was too much work, they could have used the base models for the rest of the races and then made a palette swap with the sub-race candidates. Then maybe add some minor details.

Let's use San'layn being the potential subrace for the Forsaken as an example (since I wanted them since Wrath). Just paste their color schemes onto the updated Belf model. Done. You don't have to do anything else and they are already more different when compared to just Blood Elves (let alone the Forsaken) than Lightforged Draenei are to normal Draenei. And when you're feeling not as lazy as typical Blizzard employee you can give them fangs and claws to play on the vampire theme they always had, maybe add some more unique facial features (and that's assuming you don't keep the wings all the female San'layn so far had since they are obviously too much work for Blizz).

How on earth is that something that cannot be done in time for next expansion (where we're bound to get a year of ToS as per usual) and instead has to wait for the expansion after that (I don't see the next subraces really being patch material, how are you even going to integrate seven more subraces into the story in pathes)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you think Horde losing it's most defensive kingdoms out of all places, with the Forsaken and Blood Elves controlling pretty much entire continent is realistic?

You think Forsaken losing Lordaeron, with multiple kindgoms worth of empty land as buffer to the south, there being pretty much no landing spots for Alliance navy other than Southshore (which is a Blight lake that the Forsaken are unable to clean), Gilneas (which means walking through Greymane Wall's gate chokepoint), Faldris Cove in Arathi (even bigger chokepoint of a fucking cave), North Tide's Beachhead in Silverpine (which means walking through the chokepoint of the border wall between Silverpine and Tirisfal, right next to Undercity) or on northern shore of Tirisfal (walking straight into Forsaken seat of power with no time for preparation) and the only land entry being half of a bridge that is the biggest chokepoint on the planet, with Forsaken having a navy capable of blockading Gilneas for years and Blight to make scorched earth warfare look like a kindgerarten activity is realistic by any stretch of the word?

You think Horde losing Quel'thalas which should have impenetrable defenses with Sunwell reignited is realistic?

You think the Horde capturing the entirety of Night Elven territory after suffering those two monumental losses, after Garrosh failed to conquer just fucking Ashenvale alone for three years straight is realistic?

Here's the thing though: we don't have a clue yet how these events take place, outside of possibly the Horde igniting this conflict through an attack of Stormwind, which should be questionable as well if the Alliance is to have the naval power of Kul'Tiras, even though we don't know if their joining is pre or post starting attacks.

All I'm saying major things needed to happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    "Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void Elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance."

So, from all 10 High Elves, 3 nearly gave in to the darkness?
    I knew their story was going to be shit. A whole fucking race of special snowflakes that are going to achieve in moments what Alleria did in 500 fucking years. Oh, well, at least their models aren't just purple High Elves (if the Naaru chandelier parts aren't parts of the shoulders, they are a bit behind them I thin, so not sure about that).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Here's the thing though: we don't have a clue yet how these events take place, outside of possibly the Horde igniting this conflict through an attack of Stormwind, which should be questionable as well if the Alliance is to have the naval power of Kul'Tiras, even though we don't know if their joining is pre or post starting attacks.

All I'm saying major things needed to happens.
    Unless the Alliance suicide bombs Vindicaar into the Sunwell, whatever happens is going to take the concept of logic and take a huge shit on it. There's no way around that. And the naval power of Kul'tiras was thwarted by the New Horde in its nascence. They cannot exactly outweigh what the Zandalari offer. But they will, because fuck logic.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I really do wonder what Thrall's take on all this will be - Garrosh's dream does seem to have taken shape, albeit years after his death. That has to rankle a bit, especially as he was previously devoted to peace between the Alliance and Horde.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Or a gnome, or a goblin, or a forsaken, or a Pandaren

Come to think of it, that wasn't a very accurate depiction of a Horde raid group. There should be at least 80% blood elves
    There were Forsaken next to Sylvanas on the walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew their story was going to be shit. A whole fucking race of special snowflakes that are going to achieve in moments what Alleria did in 500 fucking years. Oh, well, at least their models aren't just purple High Elves (if the Naaru chandelier parts aren't parts of the shoulders, they are a bit behind them I thin, so not sure about that).
    After Alleria's ''transformation'', when you go and talk to her she is in her normal form again, hopefully this will not be the case for the playable void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    We've seen all those races, Pandaren don't seem to exist in this scenario. Maybe they fell asleep eating the lavish surumar feast.
    They are busy suffering more than any other together with Pandaria Pandaren.

This expasion reeks fanservice

-Jaina and Sylvanas possible raid boss? Check
    -Subraces? Check
    -Horde getting kalimdor and alliance lordaeron with his blue elves? Check
    -Zandalar and Kultira? Check

Now we need some Nzoth stuff and woala, fan service expasion

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless the Alliance suicide bombs Vindicaar into the Sunwell, whatever happens is going to take the concept of logic and take a huge shit on it. There's no way around that. And the naval power of Kul'tiras was thwarted by the New Horde in its nascence. They cannot exactly outweigh what the Zandalari offer. But they will, because fuck logic.
    But you're framing things as if Kul'tiras stopped in time.

Also, I noticed that you didn't mention air power. In your mind, what are the impediments to the Alliance from flying one of their airships, not to the Undercity, but somewhere close by where they can drop a spearhead force that can clear and establish safe passage for the bulk of the army? For example, what's stopping an Alliance force from being dropped in Arathi, fight whatever needs to be fought and repair a bridge?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Cause we are going to get a mid exp a "Now that you have been killing each other... LOOK AT ME!!!!"
    Vanilla was Faction wars into, oh, Old Gods are stirring!

Wotlk was war against the LK with faction war in between, oh! Yogg'Saron!

MoP was full on Alliance vs Horde then.. Y'Shaarj!

Battle for Azeroth is shaping into let's all throw ourselves at each other.. Oh wait Azshara came out.. Oh snap! N'Zoth is also here..

Monk, how? They could just as well give them Death Knights through Bolvar.

The tears feed me. Where's your Undercity now huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia

Here's a realistic scenario that I came up with in under a minute: The Horde commits to taking Kalimdor as the very first act of the war; forsaken and BE forces and ships are mostly diverted to Kalimdor in order to make this operation as fast as possible. The Alliance doesn't do the expected as a response - instead of sending forces to defend Kalimdor they decide to retake Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas.

I imagined Void Elves looking like Alleria, not some tween vampire lookalikes. Nightborne look way better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    This expasion reeks fanservice

-Jaina and Sylvanas possible raid boss? Check
    -Subraces? Check
    -Horde getting kalimdor and alliance lordaeron with his blue elves? Check
    -Zandalar and Kultira? Check

Now we need some Nzoth stuff and woala, fan service expasion
    Matter of perspective, really. Continuance of the faction war isn't really something I was interested in - so ditto on killing either Jaina or Sylvanas. Subraces are great and something that people have been asking about for awhile. Getting to see Zandalar and Kul Tiras is great, but I dislike the faction split and I'm imagining the opposing faction isn't going to get a whole lot of their opposite faction's area (Kul Tiras for Horde and Zandalar for Alliance).

I would say it's only fan service inasmuch anything would be fan service for someone, but not so much for *everyone*.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Here's a realistic scenario that I came up with in under a minute: The Horde commits to taking Kalimdor as the very first act of the war; forsaken and BE forces and ships are mostly diverted to Kalimdor in order to make this operation as fast as possible. The Alliance doesn't do the expected as a response - instead of sending forces to defend Kalimdor they decide to retake Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas.
    I think he's forgetting alliance gets lightforged draenei. The Vindicaar alone makes retaking them both very possible. Humans getting Lordaeron and void elves getting Quelthalas sounds great.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2017-11-03 at 10:26 PM.