Deleted
    Well, this was bad. Its like they announced it just for the sake of doing something. No professions, talents, dungeons, raids, items... or pretty much anything other than new currency, scenarios and campaign pretty much.
    WoD 2 pretty much.
    Terrible plot and seems to be terrible filler exp, or barely done, so they just threw something up for the sake of having something to show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Seems to have more new content than legion which was just revamped dailies and mythic+
    Yeah people are being over dramatic about this. I agree that it's a little underwhelming on the woah factor, but it's adding new things (Islands, pvp stuff and whatever) to the current line up which is already pretty rad. Only major downside for me is that AP 2.0 seems to have a bit of scope creep that needs to be reigned in early.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanogan View Post
    Oh! Oh! Put up a proper panel?

Nevermind, you said gameplay.... Hmm, how about more information about dungeons, raids, classes and gameplay in general?
    You kill stuff, you get loot, your class has spells.

There. What more do you need to know about Dungeon and Raid systems that have been the same for god knows how long?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Well with WoD we assumed there was all sorts of content and were surprised. This time around at least we know ahead of time.
    No. We didn't assumed. They did they same thing they did here. They showed concept out the ass and then didn't deliver it.

This is even worse I think, we have a timeframe for this presentation. It was made AFTER the Tides of Vengeance shit became a meme. They drew this bullshit up in Photoshop not even a month ago... this is really not convincing me at all of the games health or future, or even this expansion. I have 11 days left on this sub. I will let it lapse if this is all they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So I mentioned this in IRC but while we're airing the grievances.

Why the fuck do we still have servers? And for that matter, drop the charade, Blizzard.

You gave all these new features to Guilds, but wouldn't go the full 100 yards and made Guilds cross-server? Seems arbitrary to me since these Communities are LITERALLY GUILDS that are cross-faction.

Plus now that PvP servers are gone there's no reason to not just go ahead and marge 90% of the playerbase (keep the RPers in their own cluster) together and lean on sharding.
    Shareholders will think the game is dead if they start merging realms and making guilds cross server.

This expansion could still be low-key enjoyable if they don't fuck up the game systems.

It's just looking very uninspired and low effort. The major features are just newer iterations of past stuff. I guess Legion development really taxed them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I am in agreement. I was going for worst case and this is worse than my worst case. I really don't mean to be negative but they are showing nothing. I am not at all impressed. I would be more impressed if they actually showed all the new UI. If they showed the warfronts. They aren't because they don't have it. Its all concept still! We are literally 9 to 14 months away from launch and they are still in concept on the features that are interesting. That is just not good.
    The fact these features are still very much in concept should be a major red flag to anyone that watched the WoD reveal.

Garrisons were in about this same spot. Nothing final, just some in-dev screenshots and concept art.

Garrisons were subsequently ruined.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm not really sure what crazy new shit people expected

Most expacs don't really have cool new shit, other than Legion adding M+

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Gotta love people doomsaying it without actually playing it....

Although that's been going on since TBC so eh.
    Honey, I've been around the block for 5 or 6 expansions now. It's not hard to tell when an expansion is lacking on features and this whole presentation felt a lot more Cata and WoD than MoP and Legion.

My hope is they are showing little as to not "promise" too much, and release even more than announced when it actually launches, but my fear is they are showing little because they have little. Warfronts didn't even have a proper UI (They showed the old RTS UI talent tree) of their own yet which means it's all in concept development still.

It doesn't feel like this expansion adds much.

On the other half, I am kind of satisfied with types of content Legion has, so much more of it will be something I am looking for.

But they haven't talked about:
    1. Legendaries
    2. Stat squish
    3. Worgen/goblin model
    4. Warforge/titanforge system
    5. Professions
    And so on.

I don't think it has less content than Legion and all the zones seem really, really far along so far. I'm just pissed off that they didn't really talk about much of anything.

How do these new races work? Legendaries? Titan and War Forged? Stat squish? They just talked about the main points again and again instead of the little points.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I'm with Paula on this... I'm afraid we're having a WoD 2.0.
    Not every expac must reinvent the wheel. Legion bring good systems and they won't drop it in 8.0. We will have 6 zones for max level, again 10 dungeons, new battleground and arenas. And they add 2 new types of content. What it have in common with WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    This expansion could still be low-key enjoyable if they don't fuck up the game systems.

It's just looking very uninspired and low effort. The major features are just newer iterations of past stuff. I guess Legion development really taxed them.
    Kinda feel the same way. Nothing they mentioned in the deep dive panel was really that interesting, or something they could have not added in a major patch. I dunno hopefully it turns out fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You kill stuff, you get loot, your class has spells.

There. What more do you need to know about Dungeon and Raid systems that have been the same for god knows how long?
    On second thoughts, one thing I would have liked information on is classes post-artifacts. Are we getting some stuff baked in, is it pissing off... etc. Less so the minor traits but rotation changing things/abilities I think do need to be commented on.

I like my phoenix flames.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post

We didn't expect new shit. We expected tangible things. We got zones and concept art of a raid and a picture of Azshara. But yeah dude we are crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Sorry to say but WHERE THE FUCK IS THE CONTENT?

Seriously. This is horrifyingly light. Its WoD all over again...
    This expansion is clearly intended to keep us busy for as long as possible with procedural generation of everything to cover up the fact that there's nothing there.
    Just like WoD, they'll give up on it before it launches and put all their effort into trying to make another Legion.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Im surprised they havent even mentioned the stat/ilvl squish. Big deal going from 5m+ hp to 10k.
    Poor systems panel.

They could have talked about much more, but instead we got that cringefest of VA panel.

i wish theyd spend more time showing cosmetic options of the new races and emotes as well as lore. hopefully we get plenty of that in the q&A
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
    On second thoughts, one thing I would have liked information on is classes post-artifacts. Are we getting some stuff baked in, is it pissing off... etc. Less so the minor traits but rotation changing things/abilities I think do need to be commented on.

I like my phoenix flames.
    Judging by some images it looks like we are going back to traditional reward weapons. Least a quest on the floor demo awarded me one.

I think the Heart takes over as an "artifact" now though.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post

Um....artifacts weapons? Freedom of zone choice while leveling. WORLD QUESTS?

Sure, all those might still be in BFA, but in the way of NEW features....it's definitely on the thin side.