Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aisatsana View Post
    lmao @ all the people who were saying Blizz would never do it..
    Turns out if you and your friends and your friends' friends for something long enough, blizzard WILL cave

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

I'm a huge fan of it, not because I want to play on it but because now I don't have to listen to people say how much better it was constantly. Cool now they can play it and leave me alone. Oh I'll probably also play it for a couple weeks just to see how close it is to the experience I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Yeah because playing unplayable specs is gonna be so much fun in 2018.

How about this twist: It wont be the same, but it will feel the same.
    You're mental and need to do some research. PROPERLY GEARING a level 60 Ret Paladin does AMAZING DPS

PLEASE
    RESEARCH
    YOU
    DUMB
    FUCK

Back when Vanilla was current, people had no clue how to gear up their hybrid characters so of course they did horrible DPS. Now, with 13 years of gear lists and BiS items, hybrid specs of the 2006 era of WoW actually compete pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    The meme is real
    its true and you know it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    its true and you know it
    whatever helps u sleep at night

I'm really happy, comparing classic reveal with the new expansion and I find myself being so much more excited for vanilla.
    I like the game design, the slower pace, the constant adventure feeling which I feel is lost in the newer expansions.
    I know a lot of people will disagree with me and thats okey, we all have diffrent opinions but please avoid using your own opinion as fact to legitimize your own claims, no one knows how many will return to classic wow, I personally hope a lot will. I just want to thank Blizzard for listening to their fans and also Nostalrius's crew for fighting for the vanilla dream.

I wonder if @cqwrteur will also shut up now since he'll get old nelf and belf models back... if he wasn't still banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    I sincerely hope Vanilla WoW will be as difficult as I remember. Weapon skills, training for spell levels, long times to kill on single mobs, dungeons lasting hours, etc. Trainers will actually train! Food vendors will be viable again! Gold and gear will be valuable again! Man, I am so stoked.
    When was vanilla ever difficult outside raids? I remember boring time sinks like weapon skills which was just beating on mobs, gear wasn't "valuable" it was just shifted down a color so people felt fancy. Only thing I miss was not playing so it felt new.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Can I think it's the WORST resources spend ever or why are you whining like a little baby at my opinion? Go play the new "classic" server then for 1 month when it comes, that all you will last until you come crawling back...
    Well you're entitled to your opinion even if it's horrendously wrong. Until Legion I spent much more time over the last several years playing classic servers than I did playing retail so I doubt I'll only last a month on the classic realms.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Well you're entitled to your opinion even if it's horrendously wrong. Until Legion I spent much more time over the last several years playing classic servers than I did playing retail so I doubt I'll only last a month on the classic realms.
    An opinion cant really be wrong.. and yeah I've played vanilla since it released... most ppl that think they want this, have no clue what they are asking for and will be gone immediately due to the grind it was...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I wonder if @cqwrteur will also shut up now since he'll get old nelf and belf models back... if he wasn't still banned.
    He'll get the really old belf models back alright.

Rofl.

Just teasing, I loved vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    He'll get the really old belf models back alright.

Rofl.

Just teasing, I loved vanilla.
    Dear god my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    It's actually kind of refreshing to see someone admit they were wrong in this day and age. I don't know anything about your previous posts, but I have a lot of respect for someone who can admit when they're wrong. That being said.... Uhhhh.... Vanilla servers? Really? Not sure how I feel about that. I was watching on my virtual ticket and I'm going "oh no they AREN'T..."
    Haha, thanks. I can't even remember if I've posted about legacy servers before, I mostly lurk. But I did believe it wouldn't happen and I've talked about it with guildies and such. I watched the opening ceremony with a friend over Discord and swore that I'd eat my shoe if they announced anything. When he started talking about ice cream it all clicked in my head and I still got pretty giddy. Friend just thought it was hilarious how wrong I was.

Games are cool, yo. Sometimes I wish everyone could think about it that simply.

I can see people leveling up on this with the sole purpose of getting old Naxx xmog for their mains on retail. I feel more for the people that have spent millions of gold buying off the BMAH now. Maybe I'll 1/2 ass it on a classic server for a while every now and then specifically for that reason, but I don't see the appeal of it personally.
    Oh well, happy for the people who wanted it, and happy for Blizz as they will now get multiple players back for nostalgia's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I support it for crushing pirate servers.
    People have characters built up other places I don't see them giving those up unless the servers are shut down. We also don't know when this will happen or how they will do it. They were very careful to not say it was part of the next expansion only that they are trying to work on it and it is a big task.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope the launch them "as were" There is very little to do, upload the code to a server, connect with bnet. call it a day, patch in order and as was through history/timeframe.

End it pre TBC ( although TBC was by far my favorite expansion.

Let's see if they fuck it up.

i think they should just load it up as it was before any pre-bc additions, and leave it. i personally have no interest in going back to that era, but if enough people are willing to sub to make it at least cost neutral, i don't see a harm in it.

everything needs to be as was though, no quality of life upgrades or the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    im just curious if they are going to add the races from the other xpacs in or just keep it vanilla races

Deleted
    I don't believe it either.

Considering how they only announced it, and said or showed absolutely zero else about it, i see this more as a statement of intention then it being a work in progress. Wouldn't expect to see these classic realms live for a couple of years, while in the meantime it will suppress illegal server activity because people are waiting for the real thing.

basically they have to port classic wow to modern wow on the backend side of things. classic starcraft took a while, classic war3 is supposedly in the works for years, and wow is a much more complex game, it'll take a long time. Best case scenario they have been working on it since that meeting they had with the nostalrius team, which is like what 6 months ago tops?
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-11-04 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I don't believe it either.

Considering how they only announced it, and said absolutely zero else about it, i see this more as a statement of intention then it being a work in progress. Wouldn't expect to see these classic realms live for a couple of years, while in the meantime it will suppress illegal server activity because people are waiting for the real thing.

basically they have to port classic wow to modern wow. classic starcraft took a while, classic war3 is supposedly in the works for years, and wow is a much more complex game, it'll take a long time. Best case scenario they have been working on it since that meeting they had with the nostalrius team, which is like what 6 months ago tops?
    You crazy? They have been working on this ever since before that meeting with the nostalrius devs, just didn't have enough time to prepare the announcement back then.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!