Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    4. Maybe they don't have it?
    I'm sure they have the Antorus release date and I expect it to be announced very soon (within 1-3 weeks at most) Perhaps even at the QandA panel. The opening ceremony wow stuff was about the new xpac and so was the what's next panel so it doesn't make sense to just chuck in the release date for Antorus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Yeah not happy with how little info we got out of Blizzcon. We won't get much out of the Q&A either since most of the questions are always stupid/pointless.

So expect a ton of dev blogs and live Q&As....I guess.
    99,99% of the questions will be about this dead horse called "Classic".

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Why would they announce specific class changes now when the xpac wont be out for at least 8 months ? What would be the point when anything they say now would be subject to change as development goes on... They'd just be setting themselves up for forum threads about how they "lied" if they didn't implement into the live game anything they said at Blizzcon.

And could you direct me to where in that legion video they discussed class changes ? It didn't happen... They only talked about the demon hunter and artifacts in terms of classes.

Antorus release date will be announced very soon... I'd expect a release date to be announced within 1-2 weeks. Maybe even at the Blizzcon WOW Q and A. Same goes for things like titanforging and other RNG issues. The panels so far were about the new xpac not Legion.
    They also have a huge group of changes coming in 7.3.5, why announce changes that might become irrelevant before then?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    No... I quit playing WoW for the entire of WoD and Cata
    So you can judge content without playing it?
    Both had their flaws, yeah, but both had their good points.
    WoD is just getting 'past expansion' hate right now, it'll shift to Legions WQ grind, Legendaries, Titanforging and the fucking horror Argus is hate next xpac.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, we still get another day? Maybe they'll leak something.

Although I would like to know if we're goign to get more space on our servers to make alts because the three "allied forces".
    You come get the voodoo.

I think Release will be around end of november next year, so there will be much more Information coming at gamescom and BlizzCon 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yeah I noticed they don't really tell you shit anymore. I want to know what is going to happen with classes losing artifacts, which spells and passives are going to be made baseline
    You won't get info that specific until there's a test realm for it (or at least a series of class specific blog posts). I don't think they've ever given that sort of specific info at a Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes does people excised...but those where way way WAY fewer then us right now?!?
    And i am not talking about we are giving you talent X . I am talking about the fact they used to have panels with the following train of thought:

Hey we know talent tree's are not that good. Take example class 1 had talent row level 100. And talent X and Z or picks no one takes and Y always gets taken. We are looking into changing X and Z into X 2.0 and Z 2.0.

We knew that would not mean we would get X 2.0...but we knew what they thought worked and what not. And what to expect from them.
    I doubt that they've looked closely at classes and talents and the rest. This might be the expansion where they don't mess too much with that. I'm sure there will be some rebalancing and some new things maybe added but for some reason I believe they've changed so much that they need to let it sink in. Admittedly, I could be completely wrong about that. To write what I just wrote is very definitely counter-intuitive given history.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You won't get info that specific until there's a test realm for it (or at least a series of class specific blog posts). I don't think they've ever given that sort of specific info at a Blizzcon.
    They talked a lot about upcoming class changes in expantions, I think it only really stopped with WOD. I remember the mage bomb and polymorph talent trees they talked about for mop (the polymorph tree never made it into the game)

Someone forgot the endless daily quest grind that was MOP for the 1st 6 months of that xpac.
    That's what I'm saying. MoP was arguably as bad as WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    Im sorry me and you must have seen a different blizzcon cause all I seen was 25 minutes of some guy talking about a 3 man scenario. A new warfront with very little info on it. No info at all on the PvP changes which apparently they are going to bring in (Apart from the fact you can turn your pvp mode off on a pvp server). Also a brief 5 minute thing about races which we got no info on apart from their names. No im sorry I just hope they give us more info cause where im sitting atm its scaling up to be pretty poor. Im sorry but you cant base an expansion on scenarios and a 20 man Pve Ashran.
    No info? They had a panel where they went into detail about the warfront, even showed us one. Also no info on races? 2 of them are on the show floor.

I agree. Where is my 10man mythic raiding? It was just so disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    They talked a lot about upcoming class changes in expantions, I think it only really stopped with WOD. I remember the mage bomb and polymorph talent trees they talked about for mop (the polymorph tree never made it into the game)
    They also wont talk about it now, because a bunch of changes coming for the patch where they unlock Antorus, their is no point mentioning changes for the expansion before that patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all the WoW content going on these panels have been garbage.
    Super uninformative. Definitely feeling let down.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    So you can judge content without playing it?
    Both had their flaws, yeah, but both had their good points.
    WoD is just getting 'past expansion' hate right now, it'll shift to Legions WQ grind, Legendaries, Titanforging and the fucking horror Argus is hate next xpac.
    See thats the beauty of the English language you can cut out pieces you dont like and use it to argue with some person on the internet or so people on here would have you believe now lets go over the sentence again "No... I quit playing WoW for the entire of WoD and Cata was bad" As you can see the Cata part was infact a separate part of the sentence. So now that we have worked out I actually played Cata we can get down to the nitty gritty.
    Lets start with WoD: 3 raids in the entire expansion 1 of which wasnt even a tier raid. Leveling content which you could totally finish just leveling. A garrison to totally segregate you from the rest of the world a mission board so you feel like your playing a good old Facebook game. Looking good right? Professions which are almost irrelevant and 8 dungeons over the entire expansion. So now that you see that the content was utter garbage in WoD lets move to Cata.
    It followed Wrath so it was already going to find it hard to compete but then they made the worst mistake ever they decided to change the whole world and concentrate on that as a form of an expansion. Meaning the raids and dungeons were hit by this. The first months of Cata I must admit I wasnt too disappointed but then as it went on it felt like Blizzard had all but abandoned the expansion instead relying on the introduction of rf to try and prop it up.
    No both WoD and Cata sucked donkey balls. Pandaria was amazing in comparison, and Legion is like a prize pearl compared to WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I believe they did.

Which makes the sheer lack of new content, and lack of general changes announced, all the more stunning.

This reads more like WoD's reveal than Legion's, MoP's, Cata's.

You have to go back to BC to find a more ho-hum reveal.
    Damn some of you guys are really spazzing out.

Tell me where the lack of content is? I’m seeing an absolute fuckton of it on the front page. Quite a few new systems as well. Looks great to me so far.

Not only that but we don’t even have all the info. They didn’t touch on class changes yet or legendary system so we still have stuff to learn. Seriously, relax. We’ll get all the information over time.

Despite not having all the info there’s still a ton of new shit/lots of new content on the front page. Did they leave some information out? Yes. Does that mean nothing is happening to the things they left out IE class changes and legendaries? Not at all.

Don’t forget that we gamescom might also fall before the release of the expac. Not sure about this but if it does there will be more info there.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-11-04 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbala View Post
    Well, we still get another day? Maybe they'll leak something.

Although I would like to know if we're goign to get more space on our servers to make alts because the three "allied forces".
    Nothing but a Q&A panel and boss design panel tho.
    Unless the people on the floor ask an informed question that extends beyond "WHY CANT I TRANSMOG DOUBLE 2H SWORDS ON ROGUE" its unlikely we get anything worth mentioning from a panel.

Everything in this expansion just feels like a lazy reskin/rename... It's actually kind of funny how they carefully worded/renamed stuff to make it sound new when it was just reskins/tweaks of the old systems. Artifact necks are just slightly tweaked artifact weapons without any of the cool weapon models. Subraces recolors of the normal races. Islands looks like the legion invasion 3 man scenarios with some randomness thrown in, meh. Some new upgradedTol Borad/Ashran zone shit that'll probably end up sucking again. Almost nothing really new and huge lack of information about classes/professions/pvp/RNG/etc.

Feels like they put their B team on this and told them to just reskin the Legion systems and sent the other devs to work on a new game or something. Predicting this expansion will end up viewed even worse than WoD. Starting to wish they had the balls to just declare Legion was the last expansion and they went out with a bang (let us actually kill Sargeras or something) and worked on a new MMO + Warcraft 4 or just WoW 2 with a new engine and what not. As is, if these are the type of reskin expansions we have to look forward to, WoW is going to die a slow and miserable death.

They made the best cinematic trailer ever. That's about it. Probably rushed the work on that early this time for the hype because they knew they had nothing compelling to show of the actual gameplay..
    Last edited by darkest4; 2017-11-04 at 01:45 AM.

This expansion is basically just scenarios with randomised enemies and Ashran with randomised buffs.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    dont worry the flood of fanboys is already on their way to this thread telling you how entitled you are

you are completely right.

-ignored stat squish
    -no words about the new PvP system
    -no words on talents or class changes
    -no explanation how M+ is going to work
    -no words on the raids at all
    -NOTHING on the subraces and how they work
    -no mention of any other new system besides this garrison raids/front bullshit 2.0
    -no mention about the fact that we only get 3 new zones if you exclusively play one faction, which like 80% of the players do
    -apexis 2.0

This is just another filler expansion like WoD
    -Why do you need them to take xpac reveal time to explain the stat squish that (Im pretty sure) they already confirmed.
    -When did they say there was a new pvp system? They're not revamping it every xpac? What?
    -This one I wish they mentioned more.
    -M+ will work more than likely exactly as it works now, again, where are you getting the idea that this is getting major re-works?
    -100% untrue, they talked about the first raid and showed some art from it.
    -Also 100% untrue, they explained everything about this. Subraces will be unlocked through quest chains, you help the subrace and they agree to join the alliance/horde. Once unlocked they're just like any other race with the two exceptions: 1) They start at level 20 and 2) If leveled from 20-110 they unlock a xmog set based on the race. Specific details about two of their racial abilities are on the front page for christs sake.
    -'They only mentioned these features, not other features that don't exist!' what kind of dumbass statement is that?
    -Again, untrue. Three zones leveling then the other three unlock along with mixed zones at 120.
    -What are you even trying to talk about here.