Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    As I wrote in another thread:

“The Horde gets ashenvale, darkshore, hyjal, and several other lush lands full of natural resources not to mention a magical well stronger then the sunwell and nightwell put together. The alliance gets the plaguelands, south shore which is plagued, Gilneas which is plagued, undercity which is super plagued....just wow. Who the fuck thought this through?”

You must’ve gotten some really shitty gifts as a kid if this is like Christmas to you.

- - - Updated - - -

A world tree was burned down, how does the Cenarian circle remain neutral after that?
    You forget that the druids and paladins know how to cleanse the blight now. Did you do the Western Plaguelands questing in Cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account
    They know how to cleanse the Scourge Plague of Undeath.
    The Forsaken Blight is more similar to a toxic acid, and no one (not even the Forsaken) have been able to clean up the modern strains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Praise Blizzard.

We are reviving the Alliance of Lordaeron and adding it on top of the modern Alliance + their new allies. Talk about stacked.

Lordaeron, Gilneas, Stromguard, Kul Tiras ... I'd imagine the predominantly Alliance Dalaran would go blue lore-wise too. Who knows, maybe we'll even see a revival of Alterac.

Not to mention Tol Barad and other lesser domains that can be reclaimed/rebuilt/revived (Andorhal, Stratholme, South Shore, Menethil Harbor). At this point, with Blizzard waving their magic plot wants around, anything is possible. I wouldn't put anything past them. Maybe we'll even see the Scarlet Crusade join.

And all we had to give in exchange for all of this are some far flung and relatively uninhabited forest lands and a tree.
    We gave the ancesteral homeland of our strongest ally, for a ruin. Not to mention the only stronghold we got in Kalimdor now is Feathermoon, which is more like a village after Cataclysm. Sure we might have Exodar, but thats an Island which is completly isolated, we cant reinforce it without getting destroyed by the forsaken fleet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    A world tree was burned down, how does the Cenarian circle remain neutral after that?
    Well many of their members are Taurens, and we do not know if the Tauren have a problem with their Warchief right now

Deleted
    What was the reasoning for the Horde to burn Teldrassil? Is this another bs moment in blizz's butchering of the lore. As if making Garrosh go full retard back in mists wasn't enough.

It's certainly promising, but I'll see how the expansion plays out.

From a sentimental point of view, Teldrassil is a huge loss to me. My first character was a Night Elf Druid and that's where it all began.

My inner cynic wonders if the Horde "burning down" Teldrassil is on par with the Alliance merely "attacking" Lordaeron, but we'll see how it plays out in-game. I definitely like to think they will at least reclaim Gilneas and have it be a fully fledged city. Genn Greymane needs his revenge, and Sylvanas needs to pay.

I'm also hoping that Jaina kicks Khadgar's ass and reclaims Dalaran, but I can't help but feel she's no longer her angry, crazy, ass-kicking self we saw from MoP onward.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    What was the reasoning for the Horde to burn Teldrassil? Is this another bs moment in blizz's butchering of the lore. As if making Garrosh go full retard back in mists wasn't enough.
    We don't know yet. It's possible it's a retaliation for destroying the undercity but could have happened before it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Teldrassil and whole kalimdor is taken over by horde, and gnomes aren't even mentioned in cinematic. Again. Genn is going to be in the spotlight for some stupid reason. How exactly is that "Christmas"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    It's certainly promising, but I'll see how the expansion plays out.

From a sentimental point of view, Teldrassil is a huge loss to me. My first character was a Night Elf Druid and that's where it all began.

My inner cynic wonders if the Horde "burning down" Teldrassil is on par with the Alliance merely "attacking" Lordaeron, but we'll see how it plays out in-game. I definitely like to think they will at least reclaim Gilneas and have it be a fully fledged city. Genn Greymane needs his revenge, and Sylvanas needs to pay.

I'm also hoping that Jaina kicks Khadgar's ass and reclaims Dalaran, but I can't help but feel she's no longer her angry, crazy, ass-kicking self we saw from MoP onward.
    Lordaeron is ruined and uninhabited now from what we've seen, so the horde are apparently losing it. Which is kind of funny after having people say 'pff the alliance could never win a fight here against the forsaken.'

As for Jaina the trailer pretty clearly still has her as anti horde, but she's probably not going to retake control of dalaran. I mean Khadgar didn't steal it from her, she LEFT when the council outvoted her on letting the horde back in. She'll probably be more involved in the Kul'tiras stuff instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Night Elves sacred forests and Mount HYjal and the Well of Eternity Traded for ruins and blighted land.

Good trade
    The only thing i could see as a "good trade" as if Gnomes take over the most eastern kingdom lands, make giant titan-like facilities and pump out mecs, and heavy machinery. But currently its just shit
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    If the alliance burned down Silvermoon, it would have been a fair trade. But we dont even get Silvermoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idototems View Post
    If the alliance burned down Silvermoon, it would have been a fair trade. But we dont even get Silvermoon
    Patience. There is this thing called 'patches' that happen in WoW. There is also a chance that Blood Elves flip factions so they don't lose their beloved Sunwell. They have been very vague on this expansion, self-admittedly, because they don't want to give away story and spoil it.

Kalimdor seems to be the way better continent in terms of everything compared to Azeroth. And you don't even get Silvermoon. Yes, Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    You forget that the druids and paladins know how to cleanse the blight now. Did you do the Western Plaguelands questing in Cataclysm?
    That's scourge blight, not forsaken blight. Forsaken blight is hard to clean even for forsaken themselves (according to legion question)

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, maybe Tyrande found the way to "cure" undead into being, well, you know, dead, and Sylvanas flipped out

I expect major characters to die in both Teldrassil and the Undercity. Tyrande or Malfurion for sure.

Deleted
    On this thread, Night Elves aren't Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    On this thread, Night Elves aren't Alliance.
    I bet they're wishing they weren't right about now. They'd still have their home if they weren't allied to the humans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    I doubt Blizzard has the balls to upset the status quo enough for it be Christmas for either side.
    at the end of the expansion they will re-re-take the city's

or at least they will test the player reaction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Really? Teldrassil and whole kalimdor is taken over by horde, and gnomes aren't even mentioned in cinematic. Again. Genn is going to be in the spotlight for some stupid reason. How exactly is that "Christmas"?
    ahem " lordareon "

- - - Updated - - -

Sylv : they toke my city
    some random orc : there is a giant tree there we can burn if you want
    sylv : fine whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by idototems View Post
    the horde didn't invade the dreane for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Patience. There is this thing called 'patches' that happen in WoW. There is also a chance that Blood Elves flip factions so they don't lose their beloved Sunwell. They have been very vague on this expansion, self-admittedly, because they don't want to give away story and spoil it.
    it never gonna happen
    you will not upset a player base just for the story, it's one of WoW downside, also the blood elf's tried 2 time to re-join the alliance, and alliance gave them middle finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Praise Blizzard.

We are reviving the Alliance of Lordaeron and adding it on top of the modern Alliance + their new allies. Talk about stacked.

Lordaeron, Gilneas, Stromguard, Kul Tiras ... I'd imagine the predominantly Alliance Dalaran would go blue lore-wise too. Who knows, maybe we'll even see a revival of Alterac.

Not to mention Tol Barad and other lesser domains that can be reclaimed/rebuilt/revived (Andorhal, Stratholme, South Shore, Menethil Harbor). At this point, with Blizzard waving their magic plot wants around, anything is possible. I wouldn't put anything past them. Maybe we'll even see the Scarlet Crusade join.

And all we had to give in exchange for all of this are some far flung and relatively uninhabited forest lands and a tree.
    Um... no. The loss of Teldrassil is huge.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Um... no. The loss of Teldrassil is huge.
    the loss of undercity is huge also
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.