Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I hate this change, i could be here all thay discussing it but...i have classic servers coming up so i dont need to worry about retail anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    They do for mythic raid purposes
    I see, you don't understand the new system at all. That's why you are sad.

Look, educate yourself about new structure and you will see, how this could be finally what we, WPvP players, really want.

They do for mythic raid purposes
    stop pretending crybaby PvEers are good enough for Mythic raiding. If they can't handle themselves in the open world then they sure as hell can't stay out of the fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

What it comes down to is too many care bear pve players wants to be a big man and roll on a pvp server .. found they didn't want to take responsibility for their choice and bitched and whined until blizzard gave in ... now its up o the pvp players to bitch and whine until this is reversed .

Bliz has proved time and time again the squeeky wheel gets the grease

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I am hoping that you can toggle PvP on in PvE to get that extra XP because I have a few toons on a PvE server too.
    There won't be pve and pvp servers anymore. It's all going to be the same, you can just toggle it on or off in capital cities to get extra exp and other shit while you do stuff.

I understand the change and I can see why people like it.

I'm a bit sceptical ..for two reasons.

A lot of people are lazy and pick the road of least resistance even if they kinda like the harder road.(I myself don't have this problem but it's a concept I've run into as a gamedesigner a lot)

Secondly, a threat you can turn off doesn't really feel as a threat. Granted if you can only do it in a city then this might not be the biggest of deals.

Sounds good in theory, I just hope the extra rewards are enough to keep a healthy population into it.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    stop pretending crybaby PvEers are good enough for Mythic raiding. If they can't handle themselves in the open world then they sure as hell can't stay out of the fire.
    IDK I have been on PVE servers most of my life .. a few toons on PVP servers for fun .. I have a few good raid achievements like grand crusader. I haven't had a chance to raid mythic for two expacs now but I sure did in the past.

What it comes down to is too many care bear pve players wants to be a big man and roll on a pvp server .. found they didn't want to take responsibility for their choice and bitched and whined until blizzard gave in ... now its up o the pvp players to bitch and whine until this is reversed .

Bliz has proved time and time again the squeeky wheel gets the grease
    So you are here just to cry without understanding the system. That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This is one of the Best things They could have done. No more forced World pvp is so fucking great. Literally the only ppl pissed at this are greifers.
    Ganking is a part of this game. You get ganked, you gank back, it's a fucking MMO.

But Blizzard doesn't want to hurt your fragile feelings so he can get your money. So you will get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    So you are here just to cry without understanding the system. That's awesome.
    Still a choice taken away ... regardless of the new system a choice of what server type you want is being taken away. Mostly to appeal to people who whine about rolling on wrong server

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I understand the change and I can see why people like it.

I'm a bit sceptical ..for two reasons.

A lot of people are lazy and pick the road of least resistance even if they kinda like the harder road.(I myself don't have this problem but it's a concept I've run into as a gamedesigner a lot)

Secondly, a threat you can turn off doesn't really feel as a threat. Granted if you can only do it in a city then this might not be the biggest of deals.

Sounds good in theory, I just hope the extra rewards are enough to keep a healthy population into it.
    I am also partially sceptical. System sounds great but game needs few more changes to actually have proper WPvP. Mounting on in PvP combat is just too easy and players on flying mounts are untouchable. This is one area they have to make something, because some classes (with some strong CC) will be untouchable in random WPvP. But if they can sort this out, It may work. It really may.

You arent going to be flagged running around seeing unflagged people. Its a choice to pick how you want to be sharded now, pvp or pve. If you choose to be flagged for pvp you will be sharded to a server where everyone is pvp enabled, same with pve.

The only difference will be all players regardless of server type now have this choice.

Still a choice taken away ... regardless of the new system a choice of what server type you want is being taken away. Mostly to appeal to people who whine about rolling on wrong server
    ACtually they added more choices and may improved WPvP in the process, but I see nothing can change your mind and you will cry until you will give up so..cry

so instead you want to take away the choice of those who did like this? I see your choice is the only one that matters I understand ..
    What choice am I taking away from you? That you no longer will be able to PvP with people who don't want to PvP? That you no longer will get free kills from people who don't even bother fighting back, and just wait to run to the body? Because that's what I've been doing for the last 2 expansions, especially now, when I main a healer..

Now instead, you will play with other PvP oriented people, and will get actual world PvP.

I don't know if you watched the panels, but they did, already say, that there will be incentives to play with PvP enabled - faster XP, maybe rep, or other benefits. Not to mention completely different set of world quests available for PvP enabled players. Blizz also stated that they will be able to balance realms better, for PvP, now, since it won't matter with what battlegroup they shard you with - You shouldn't be getting the 10:1 ratios anymore.
    What's more, I was sitting on discord, during those announcements, with some of my guild friends - plenty of them stated they will stick to PvP, because they enjoy that way of playing.

So no, my choice is not the only that matters. It's just a change that will make the game more healthy, and world PvP more enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    ACtually they added more choices and may improved WPvP in the process, but I see nothing can change your mind and you will cry until you will give up so..cry
    Or like everyone else whine until blizzard changes their mind like they seem to every time people dont like some thing they did.

So lets whine away until they change it back

then you can whine until they change again

then whine whine whine.

Deleted
    Bad change is bad. They should have introduced lvl brackets - ie. don't allow player attack other players with difference of 5 levels or more unless attacked first. Do the same to quest givers and other not factioned npcs. There fixed all issues of world pvp without destroying what was little good was about it.

That way we get:
    - givers are stopped from grieving lowbies
    - low level pvp while leveling still exists - and that was the most fun pvp I ever had
    - people not interested in pve can go to pve servers while these somewhat interested in it or otherwise "forced" to be on pvp server get to engage into somewhat balanced pvp(again in low lvls) - probably biggest issues are at max lvl due to faction balance ;/

If you wish to continue with PVP always on...you are free to do so...when you leave your hub city you will still, for all intents and purposes, be on a PVP server...because every other player you come into contact with will also be flagged for PVP.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    What choice am I taking away from you? That you no longer will be able to PvP with people who don't want to PvP? That you no longer will get free kills from people who don't even bother fighting back, and just wait to run to the body? Because that's what I've been doing for the last 2 expansions, especially now, when I main a healer..

Now instead, you will play with other PvP oriented people, and will get actual world PvP.

I don't know if you watched the panels, but they did, already say, that there will be incentives to play with PvP enabled - faster XP, maybe rep, or other benefits. Not to mention completely different set of world quests available for PvP enabled players. Blizz also stated that they will be able to balance realms better, for PvP, now, since it won't matter with what battlegroup they shard you with - You shouldn't be getting the 10:1 ratios anymore.
    What's more, I was sitting on discord, during those announcements, with some of my guild friends - plenty of them stated they will stick to PvP, because they enjoy that way of playing.

So no, my choice is not the only that matters. It's just a change that will make the game more healthy, and world PvP more enjoyable.
    If they dont want to PVP roll on a PVE realm .. it is REALLY that simple

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    You arent going to be flagged running around seeing unflagged people. Its a choice to pick how you want to be sharded now, pvp or pve. If you choose to be flagged for pvp you will be sharded to a server where everyone is pvp enabled,same with pve.

The only difference will be all players regardless of server type now have this choice.
    If this is true then there's nothing to worry about. Thing is, pvp enabled should be more rewarding, as it's a pvp expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    Bad change is bad. They should have introduced lvl brackets - ie. don't allow player attack other players with difference of 5 levels or more unless attacked first. Do the same to quest givers and other not factioned npcs. There fixed all issues of world pvp without destroying what was little good was about it.

That way we get:
    - givers are stopped from grieving lowbies
    - low level pvp while leveling still exists - and that was the most fun pvp I ever had
    - people not interested in pve can go to pve servers while these somewhat interested in it or otherwise "forced" to be on pvp server get to engage into somewhat balanced pvp(again in low lvls) - probably biggest issues are at max lvl due to faction balance ;/
    Maybe apply some sort of level scaling ? They have this in BGs and it sounds much better solution than just some arbitrary level brackets. But this could be added on proposed system, not replace it.