Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

WoW Classic will be the perfect MMO if you DON'T have a lot of time!

As ironic as it sounds, Classic server will be the best MMO for everyone that doesn't have a lot of time. Classic has an end, it is finite. No new content will be added, that means people will reach a point where they are done. Sure it will take ages to reach that point but each and everyone can get to that point without fear of a reset or that they are missing something. In my opinion this is super exciting that it will be the first Major MMO experience that let's you embrace what you accomplish. People with more time will simply re-roll more often or make an alt army, but someone that only plays a couple hours each day and maybe a week or two of hardcore vacation gaming can reach the definite end of Classic content if he sticks to it. The longevity of Classic WoW will be the best of any MMO out there. I absolutely love the idea of a MMO that is finished because it let's me enjoy what I reach more. Classic has huge content anyway so you don't really have to worry about running out of things to do (if you wanna 100% the game).

Deleted
    yeah the good thing about vanilla is that the level experience is just as fun as endgame. No need to rush, just enjoy the game from the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to guess that you have probably never played Classic WoW, it was the grindiest form of WoW we've ever had.

You'd have to grind reps, resistance sets, profession patterns, Profession mats(like crazy), dungeon grind a lot more than we do anymore, not to mention the fact that it takes around a month or more to even hit max level. All these things take a LOT of time. And we also don't know how they are going to manage the old patch cycles, will it just come out all at once or will they release the major pieces of content in patches like they originally were, which makes the game have less of a finite end until the final patch hits.

Yeah, even if you get super bored on your main because you basically did everything, you can still make an alt and experience a vastly different game. The Classes/Roles all excel at something else so you always feel specialized and not so samey as it is in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    I'm going to guess that you have probably never played Classic WoW, it was the grindiest form of WoW we've ever had.

You'd have to grind reps, resistance sets, profession patterns, Profession mats(like crazy), dungeon grind a lot more than we do anymore, not to mention the fact that it takes around a month or more to even hit max level. All these things take a LOT of time. And we also don't know how they are going to manage the old patch cycles, will it just come out all at once or will they release the major pieces of content in patches like they originally were, which makes the game have less of a finite end until the final patch hits.
    I did play a lot of Vanilla, and it was a grindfest but what was different was there wasn't any rush or pressure to level and hit 60. It's not like now where 1-109 is nothing but a boring speedbump to the game. The game was alive pre 60 and there was plenty to do and plenty of people to do it with. The focus in Classic is the entire expierence, something lost to blizzard.

I did and if you paid attention Classic WoW will have no new content added. Since it's Blizzard they will NEVER shut down a game of theirs. So in theory if you are 30 yo with family and stuff, you probably will have 40ish+ years to finish WoW Classic. I'd argue anyone can finish Classic WoW in 40 years. Even if you only played 1 hour a day on average. That would be 1k hours in 3 years.

The key is that WoW Classic is a finished MMO. It doesn't matter if it's grindy or hardcore or whatever. The important fact is that it's finished so you always get closer to reaching the end no matter how much/less you play it.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2017-11-04 at 02:26 PM.

Well, players on Classic servers these days beat records of reaching max level within 4 days of /played and clearing raid content in 1 evening.

Let's see if players of 2017 will attack the game with the mindset of players from 2004. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    I did play a lot of Vanilla, and it was a grindfest but what was different was there wasn't any rush or pressure to level and hit 60. It's not like now where 1-109 is nothing but a boring speedbump to the game. The game was alive pre 60 and there was plenty to do and plenty of people to do it with. TThe focus in Classic is the entire expierence, something lost to blizzard.
    Um, this statement is hilarious considering what Legion's brought, and what BfA will be bringing, in terms of world content and reasons for people to group...

It's gonna be the perfect MMO if you've been in prison since 1965.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Well, players on Classic servers these days beat records of reaching max level within 4 days of /played and clearing raid content in 1 evening.

Let's see if players of 2017 will attack the game with the mindset of players from 2004. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Um, this statement is hilarious considering what Legion's brought, and what BfA will be bringing, in terms of world content and reasons for people to group...
    But is that truly the autentic experience on those servers? We don't even know yet if it will release in a 1.0 version or 1.12 or something different.

I mean, I would be shocked if the current generation won't be able to beat raids within a few days after getting enough people to max level, considering people can actually play now.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you're playing it for any reason other than sheer nostalgia, time-waste until next expansion comes out or to see what all the talk was about since people hyped it up from Wrath onwards, you're going to have a bad time.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You mean a level jump skip to ignore everything all the way until the new current expansion. Where the goal is to level as quick as possible and skip the leveling part? Thats what I'm talking about. 1 through 60 was still huge with people. Zones still had people, and not because of level scaling.

Classic wow for me is all about the leveling, I'm probably not gonna play beyond that (unless they add TBC later, TBC endgame was much more enjoyable).

Deleted
    not to mention the fact that it takes around a month or more to even hit max level. All these things take a LOT of time.
    That's the whole point, it should take time! All the focus in the current game is getting to max level as soon as possible, ignoring 90% of the game, it sucks. I loved exploring and doing every quest in every area, travelling back and forth following the stories! I hated how Cataclysm destroyed that.

Unfortuntaely I've got so used to the current game and its hand outs and non-grinds I'm not sure how I'd feel playing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    But is that truly the autentic experience on those servers? We don't even know yet if it will release in a 1.0 version or 1.12 or something different.

I mean, I would be shocked if the current generation won't be able to beat raids within a few days after getting enough people to max level, considering people can actually play now.
    That's the thing.

The "authentic experience", hinged upon the fact that the playerbase was different in 2004. Today, no matter how you tackle it, Classic servers are played by players with 13 years' worth of knowledge about not just this game, but games overall that's been released since 2004.

It's been beaten to death, but yes. No raid remains uncleared for very long on Classic servers.

One spec, have to pay an increasing amount of gold everytime you want to change a talent. Do a dungeon? Sure make the group by yourself through the trade channel and fly to the instance. If someone leaves? Fly back to city for replacement while praying nobody else will leave. Oh and people leave raids on 1 wipe on lfr?. Get ready to wipe in dungeons.

Shit it took ages to reach max level never mind the attunements and gearing lol. I probably hated leveling the most in Vanilla. I leveled as a prot warrior and a rogue so maybe that had something to do with it too.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post

You will still need to manage 40 man raids. You will need gear for all those people. You can't go from Dungeon blues to Naxx 40. You do need to clear all previous raids, many times, so you can gear people for the next challenge.
    /spit@Blizzard

You mean a level jump skip to ignore everything all the way until the new current expansion. Where the goal is to level as quick as possible and skip the leveling part? Thats what I'm talking about. 1 through 60 was still huge with people. Zones still had people, and not because of level scaling.
    That’s not the idea at all. If you decide that the goal is to level as quick as possible to skip the leveling part that’s on you and there’s nothing blizzard can do to stop your mentality.

Relaxing and enjoying the leveling experience is what I did in WoD, legion and what I will do in BfA. There’s really no rush at all. I raid mythic as well and still see no rush to level. Enjoy the damn experience.

However, the mentality that we must level ASAP is going to carry over into the vanilla server for sure. There’s already hundreds of YouTube guides after the announcement that show you how to level fast 1-60. Streamers have also adapted this mentality and most of their viewers have followed.

TLDR: Back when Vanilla was out nobody really knew what to expect. Nobody knew what the purpose was so most people leveled slowly and took their time. There were barely any guides on how to level super quick until the end of vanilla. There were barely any guides at all. Now that we have mostly all grown up and we have the internet as an unlimited resource of knowledge the whole “speed leveling to get to end game” is absolutely going to carry over into vanilla and imo it’ll probably ruin a good amount of that nostalgic experience. There’s also addons now that show you the fastest route to level skipping certain quest lines and shit. It’ll definitely effect the original experience.

Um, no?

Guessing you didn't watch the "What's next". Their goal is quite the opposite, actually.

And of course 1 through 60 was "huge with people" back in 2004 and up until TBC... The leveling was slow-as-shit, people were new and the leveling made up the massive bulk of the game. People are rushing past the 1-60 experience and gunning for 60 just fine on Classic servers though, and it's MUCH faster these days thanks to all the knowledge available on optimal routes and such.

Thanks to the new Allied races and those gear sets and the scaling tech, the 1-max level world will be jammed packed with players on Live servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really connect Classic WoW with people with little time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..