Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

A World PvP Toggle Next Expansion!?

This seriously ruined all of the hype I saw. I heard they wanted to do something about WPvP....but their pretty much turning every server into a PvE server.

The point of being on a PvP server is not having a choice in the freaking matter. Either stand tall or hide in your capital. (or xrealm to a friends PvE server if ur a weenie....that's another discussion).

Only being able to attack people or be attacked as long as you toggled it on in a Captial city....you might as well be challenging people to a freaking duel.

Much like Templates this is another spit in the face to many types of PvPers.

Mine will still be on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be leaving mine on.

I actually prefer this, as anyone you see with it on (should) be GG to rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

If some guy steals the thing i was about to click with a ton of mobs around me, shit knows i want to go right after him.

This just gets rid of the cheap shits. People will be aware of their consequences.

Please upvote my post on the Q&A Thread (Post #2) regarding the PVP Realms change.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...?page=1#post-3

It's already the #1 liked post in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post

The point of being on a PvP server is not having a choice in the freaking matter.

Either stand tall or hide in your capital. (or xrealm to a friends PvE server if ur a weenie....that's another discussion).
    Sounds like we've had choices all along it's just not making it a pain in the ass to use those choices.

This seriously ruined all of the hype I saw. I heard they wanted to do something about WPvP....but their pretty much turning every server into a PvE server.

The point of being on a PvP server is not having a choice in the freaking matter. Either stand tall or hide in your capital. (or xrealm to a friends PvE server if ur a weenie....that's another discussion).

Only being able to attack people or be attacked as long as you toggled it on in a Captial city....you might as well be challenging people to a freaking duel.

Much like Templates this is another spit in the face to many types of PvPers.
    I guess neither you or anyone on this thread understood what they said. They remove all the PVP And PVE server shit.

When you toggle PVP on, you automatically pair up with other people that have it on so you will have a crack at killing each other.

Other people who have PVP off will most likely see only people with PVP off.

So stop crying about bullshit and your phylosophy is that you dont have a choice for world pvp if you are on a pvp server, because you didnt even understand what they are doing to the server for this feature to work.

This is a win-win for everyone and actually will bring higher quality world PVP during questing and stuff.

Everyone will turn PVP on at first to try and get increases in xp / rep / whatever that they are bribing with. Most people won't attack each other to make sure everyone is getting those buffs. If this breaks enough times, people will start saying "fuck it" and turning PVP off, and eventually nearly everyone will have it off, on any server.

There won't be ANY additional world PVP because of it. The new status quo will be either always on but nobody attacks due to a mutual benefit, or always off. That's it.

PS: The change is OK. It's a small thing, but it's a welcome thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Please upvote my post on the Q&A Thread (Post #2) regarding the PVP Realms change.

It's already the #1 liked post in the thread.
    It obviously undermines the traditional idea around PvP realms; however, they stated in the announcement that they are changing the PvE/PvP server dynamic to allow players to decide how they want to experience the world. It's not about the realm type, it's about player experience and saving players from having to realm transfer, which has been an ongoing issue that has been posted on the WoW forums pretty regularly for years.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they're giving each player the ability to decide how they want to play. If you want to partake in PvP, that's your prerogative. The only people adversely affected by this are the type of people who go out into the world and actively seek to gank lower level players, lesser geared players, or have some legendary/spec combination that allows them to quickly kill players without a fight. The player base that this actually affects negatively is small, and in large part is not one that should be actively encouraged.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Everyone will turn PVP on at first to try and get increases in xp / rep / whatever that they are bribing with. Most people won't attack each other to make sure everyone is getting those buffs. If this breaks enough times, people will start saying "fuck it" and turning PVP off, and eventually nearly everyone will have it off, on any server.

There won't be ANY additional world PVP because of it. The new status quo will be either always on but nobody attacks due to a mutual benefit, or always off. That's it.

PS: The change is OK. It's a small thing, but it's a welcome thing.
    I'm curious if this will be a cross server thing, or if I'll only naturally see players on my server if I enable PvP. Most players on my server are either terrible at PvP, or afraid of it, so as somebody who doesn't mind it, I could get tons of free herbs

Choice is good. Players leave if they're forced to do something they don't want to do. Everybody knows this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those of you who only have the guts to attack critters will still have plenty of targets.
    The PvP bonuses to EXP/etc will ensure there will be lots of players who are only interested in PvE but with PvP toggled on.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

It will be on .. players will get bonus .. and experience almost no PVP ..

Basically, they are killing off PvP servers. Literally. That's the end of them.

The truth is that they just don't want to balance world pvp so they are killing it.

Its good thing for everyone. Those who don't like the gank fest can choose when they want to do some pvp. Those who choose to live as always pvp on get bonus xp and rep gains. PVP opt on also get added content, like bounties ect. Sounds like a good compromise to what plagues wpvp now.

Not sure what this change is supposed to do, but it will basically not change much anyways. I have always been playing on pvp servers and even there you dont always attack everyone. People go about their business most of the time without really bothering to fight. This has become the usual behaviour and I rarely ever fight ppl on the road anymore. The amount of actual world fights I had diminished with every expansion after wotlk, up until now...

I doubt this change will really change alot about that, it might even make this even more into snugglefest, because people who pve will still declare for pvp just to reap the better rewards and since theres just as many pve only peeps as pvp fans, I don't really think it will be an all out brawl outside of cities. It never has been and probably never will be.

If any of you guys remembers free for all pvp mmos like UO, Vanguard and others, you will probably remember that even there it was not just all out chaos, people basically behaved just as much on these, and in most cases you would just move past other players or even team up with them to do stuff.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am hyped for this new feature. This is how I see it being played out:

Servers has lost their "PVP and PVE" tags.
    All servers can be both, it's up to you the player to decide if you want to do PvE or PvP while travelling the world.

Flag yourself for PvP
    When you flag yourself for PvP you enter a PVP-server with other players who also flagged themselves for PVP. Basically when you see an enemy player, you know it's ON! Because that dude is looking for some world pvp just like you. This way you're playing with like minded pvp players, while doing your world quests and other stuff.

Flag yourself for PvE
    When you untag yourself, you enter a PvE server with other like minded people who just want to go about their business and be left alone.

How can people see this as a bad thing? This is really a win-win situation for all players. Want to do pvp? No problem, flag yourself. Don't feel like getting ganked by players while doing your dailies? Np, unflag yourself and don't look over your shoulder while doing pve. I see this as one of the greatest changes in wow history
    Last edited by psir; 2017-11-04 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Sounds like we've had choices all along it's just not making it a pain in the ass to use those choices.
    there was a time when there were 45: 55 alliance to horde ratio on my rp pvp realm. This was in 2007, tbc era. With wotlk, alliance pop went on a relative decline.

Now it is 30:70, and additional to the hassle of beeing outnumbered by more than 2:1, you get a lot of russian / french horde groups that join with this FUCKING xrealm tool onto a rp realm (they should realy prohibit any xrealm stuff for rp realms) and gank the few alliances that somehow mangaged to stay alive...

The problem is not really the ratio of the realm, but the x-realm ganking stuff. The gankers just swap realms and kill everything questing in a premade group, and after some minutes of ganking and the possibility of organized resistance, they are poof gone to another realm.

This associal behavior is the only reason why this pvp toggle is needed and coming. Because of those jobless idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    there was a time when there were 45: 55 alliance to horde ratio on my rp pvp realm. This was in 2007, tbc era. With wotlk, alliance pop went on a relative decline.

Now it is 30:70, and additional to the hassle of beeing outnumbered by more than 2:1, you get a lot of russian / french horde groups that join with this FUCKING xrealm tool onto a rp realm (they should realy prohibit any xrealm stuff for rp realms) and gank the few alliances that somehow mangaged to stay alive...

The problem is not really the ratio of the realm, but the x-realm ganking stuff. The gankers just swap realms and kill everything questing in a premade group, and after some minutes of ganking and the possibility of organized resistance, they are poof gone to another realm.

This associal behavior is the only reason why this pvp toggle is needed and coming. Because of those jobless idiots.
    Can't agree more. I remember I took a break a few years back, sometime between WotLK and Mists. When I returned, my server went from 50/50 to one of those dreaded 90/10 and I was forced to realm/faction change and it cost me a pretty penny. It was bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    I am hyped for this new feature. This is how I see it being played out:

Servers has lost their "PVP and PVE" tags.
    All servers can be both, it's up to you the player to decide if you want to do PvE or PvP while travelling the world.

Flag yourself for PvP
    When you flag yourself for PvP you enter a PVP-server with other players who also flagged themselves for PVP. Basically when you see an enemy player, you know it's ON! Because that dude is looking for some world pvp just like you. This way you're playing with like minded pvp players, while doing your world quests and other stuff.

Flag yourself for PvE
    When you untag yourself, you enter a PvE server with other like minded people who just want to go about their business and be left alone.

How can people see this as a bad thing? This is really a win-win situation for all players. Want to do pvp? No problem, flag yourself. Don't feel like getting ganked by players while doing your dailies? Np, unflag yourself and don't look over your shoulder while doing pve. I see this as one of the greatest changes in wow history

This.

People are too dumb to realize, that with this feature they can now balance the faction imbalance on servers, and make world PvP meaningful and with a purpose again.

I like the money side of things. The money lost from server transfers after implementing this feature is gained by race changes with the new Allied Race feature.
    Last edited by ablib; 2017-11-04 at 06:57 PM.