Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Most of what was in the OP actually made me feel giddy. I count most of it as GOOD things, not bad ones ^^
    Agree xD, and he exagerated a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Housebroken View Post
    Yes, we get it, you think classic servers suck, and are a waste of time. But spoiler alert, no one cares. Stop trying tell me what I find fun, and fuck right off. Go play Legion and enjoy yourself, I mean it, we are all gamers here, and we should all be able to enjoy what we like.

I like building my character from the ground up, with lots of attention to details. I want a journey, that while taking a lot of time, let's me meet hundreds of new people. One that I can make new friends, new rivals, and have new adventures. I like tedious, I like roleplaying, I like surprise pvp battles. I like having to earn my mount skill, and having to grind out gold. And I like feeling that accomplishment at getting my first purple loot.

Whatever makes you like Legion, good for you, I hope you continue to like the current direction of WoW
    Well said. Unfortunately the anti-classic camp still wont STFU.

There will be so many horrible Tanks who will understand pulls, marking n/CC and being able to manage mobs, especially keeping them off heals. Warrior is defacto tank with Feral druid as back up.

DPS going full moron. Basically threat management understanding it is as much their responsibility as the tank.

Class balance. Bring the class not the player.

Roll alchemy if you want to make gold
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I remember teying a private server for vanilla i got to lvl 33 and was like fuck this shit, nostalgia can eat my ass

i played hardcore back then i did progress raiding clearing everything but naxx onloy 2 wings done the increase in difficulty was ridicluless. anyway shamans druid paladins gety ready to ONLY heal if oyu wanna raid. hunters have fun with bagspace!. there is so much that people dont know however hopefully the community feeling comes back and the lets group up and quest together with randoms comes back. i still remember hitting up WPL cauldrons and found 1 more guy randomly questing we teemed up did the first 3 cause you needed a group for last parts of that chain. then EPL grinding out that blue trinket cause it was BiS untill late raiding also horde getting a freee AP trinket from that harbor trown at low lvl was soo pissed of att hjorde cause of that . anyway im still gonna try it out and se if its the same.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always wanted to know how it was to be one of those first raiders entering Molten core and progressing through vanilla. I would love to try it out, but who has the time? Everything took 10 times longer then it does now, and I will be playing Battle for Azeroth anyway.

Alot of people will lose that nostalgia feeling real quick, when they are smacked in the face with how time consuming it is.

This just makes me pumped

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    You're so negative.

I can't WAIT to spend hours and hours running up and down Darkshore trying to find near invisible quest items.
    I miss the days spamming chat for literally hours, trying to find groups for Sunken Temple, and then when you all get there somebody pulls out so you have to fly back to the cities again to start the whole process again.

Jokes aside... why would you want to play a game that's built around progression if your progress will always be capped?
    do you retards actually think it's going to be an exact 1:1 copy of the original game, with all the glitches and lack of quality of life features? use your heads for a minute.

You forgot about hunters having to buy ammo and epts running off if you didn't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Chen View Post
    do you retards actually think it's going to be an exact 1:1 copy of the original game, with all the glitches and lack of quality of life features? use your heads for a minute.

You want to play vanilla? Then play th REAL vanilla like we did, instead of some polished EZ-mode version.

Quote Originally Posted by draigo View Post
    To be honest, I think that you were not a very good vanilla player and that's all.
    There's some truth to that. I insisted on pugging everything so clearing dungeons for sure probably took me WAY longer than it should have. I was also personally a very different person 13 years ago.

I think the overall idea that everything in vanilla took much more time is pretty factual however.

I've tried to edit out some of the exaggerations I made as well.

Post #1 now has a few questions in it if anyone could help answer those it'd be great. My guild didn't allow the non-tier specs so I don't actually know how viable say, DPS warriors were.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Yah I didn't really mean to be so negative, but now that I'm an adult I don't have the time to run in circles around Un'Goro anymore.

It was so much fun back in the day. Summoning Ragnaros for the first time is something I still clearly remember 13 or whatever years later...so @#%^$%& epic!
    I was saying this for 10 years. While there was always a large group of people who wanted ´vanilla´ servers, they are all going to have different ideas about what features it should have. Should all of the QoL improvements be reverted? Let´s be generous and say 50% of current players are excited to play on a vanilla server. As soon as the dev team makes a decision about talent trees, half will be disappointed. Half will want the classic talent trees and half will find it impossible to play most of their favorite specs because they weren´t viable back then for anything but questing. And there are probably a half dozen major major design decisions that the devs will have to make, and each one will be 50-50 as far as what the players want. In the end, there will probably be about 5% of the players who are happy with the decisions the devs made, and 45% who think something ´ruined´ the vanilla servers. Look at the outrage with every expansion regarding flying in the new zones.. you really think people are going to want to go back to walking until level 40 and not having flying at all?

There will HAVE to be some QoL improvements/bug fixes from initial release.

For instance - raid ID locking. Initially, the first guilds into MC discovered that Raid ID was not functioning properly. We walked into fully reset MC every night.....this was worked around by holding the Raid group open over night on a character, but then anyone invited to the raid (at that time, our guild did not have 40 level 60s, we basically took everyone who had some semblance of talent and was level 60 in) was locked to that ID until we decided to release it. This led to individuals who weren't even IN the raid group that night, but locked to the ID, being able to train the raid (if they felt upset at not being invited) etc etc.

That's just one example of the first months of retail, as I recall from being the first alliance 60 on Archimonde.

I don't have an opinion for or against classic servers.

I didn't read all of the OPs novel he/she wrote.

But I did raid in Vanilla, MC, Ony, ZG, AQ20 and bit of BWL.
    We were never required to use potions or flasks in any of the encounters.
    If you had them and wanted to use them, cool go ahead. Personally I used mana pots and occasional fire prot pot.

I know AQ40 and Naxx were quite a bit harder than anything I did, but I've never heard anyone who actually
    raided those say they were required to use pots every 2 minutes on EVERY fight and be buffed to the teeth
    with elixirs, flasks and other consumables.

Hopefully people who don't know stop spreading this misinformation.

Thank you for the memories OP. Loved reading all that.

Yes Classic WoW was hardcore, but I loved the danger of high level zones and dungeons.

From a Druid perspective:

Couldn't talk to NPC's in animal form.
    Going to Moonglade to learn your forms via class quests.
    No out of combat rezz spell, only Battle Rezz on a 30 minute cooldown.
    Feral (Bear and Cat) damage being underwhelming because your weapon was not counted towards your damage. This was not fixed till TBC with +feral damage on Druid feral weapons (and then later changed completely).
    Carrying the seeds for Battle Rezz.
    Requiring innervate (final resto talent) in order to raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majalahti View Post

If you had them and wanted to use them, cool go ahead. Personally I used mana pots and occasional fire prot pot.

I know AQ40 and Naxx were quite a bit harder than anything I did, but I've never heard anyone who actually
    raided those say they were required to use pots every 2 minutes on EVERY fight and be buffed to the teeth

Definitely agree with this. Also once you had Molten Core on farm it wasn't that demanding.

I think we can agree that for those who wanted to be REALLY prepared, there was a hell of a lot they could do to get an extra edge while raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannacookie View Post

That's just one example of the first months of retail, as I recall from being the first alliance 60 on Archimonde.
    I would guess they are going to do ´vanilla´ at the point right before BC launched, so it would have all the QoL and bug fixes up until that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senn View Post
    Carpal Tunnel in wow, because it is such a mechanically demanding game, don't make me laugh
    Repetitive strain injury (RSI) is a general term used to describe the pain felt in muscles, nerves and tendons caused by repetitive movement and overuse.

The condition mostly affects parts of the upper body, such as the:

forearms and elbows
    wrists and hands

Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) is a medical condition due to compression of the median nerve as it travels through the wrist at the carpal tunnel.

n most cases, it's not known why the median nerve becomes compressed.

But some things do increase the risk of CTS.

This includes:
    strenuous, repetitive work with the hand

4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    There's some truth to that. I insisted on pugging everything so clearing dungeons for sure probably took me WAY longer than it should have. I was also personally a very different person 13 years ago.

I think the overall idea that everything in vanilla took much more time is pretty factual however.

I've tried to edit out some of the exaggerations I made as well.

Post #1 now has a few questions in it if anyone could help answer those it'd be great. My guild didn't allow the non-tier specs so I don't actually know how viable say, DPS warriors were.
    Fury were 1º and 2º top dps depending on the gear, with rogues being 1º or 2º aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, that entire list just fed my hype even more
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

I remember rogues could not actually sap something without breaking stealth unless you took improved sap in the subtlety tree. That is sure to through a few people off.

I also remember macros were a pain in the ass to write back in the day. Don't know LUA? Better find someone who does to write a macro for you.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Useful_macros_(1.0)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majalahti View Post

Psure flasks weren’t really a thing because elixir combos were better and cheaper. Also, potions were on a 5 min cd or something like that. You still really only used HS, HP, Resists or Mana Potions...

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I would guess they are going to do ´vanilla´ at the point right before BC launched, so it would have all the QoL and bug fixes up until that point.

That defeats the point of a Classic server. That’d be considered more TBC than anything as the entirety of the game changed in a major way from that patch between QoL stuff, fixing up classes, raids, etc... TBC =/= Vanilla. o.O
    Last edited by Moggie; 2017-11-04 at 11:27 PM.