Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I mean, the premise I was following was that Sylvanas indeed is the one who starts the war, which would be a megalomaniac game of her she apparently planned for years. But yeah, I guess survival instinct could still overrule that. Although, throwing her under the bus and flying white flags is plenty survival instinct.
    There's clearly need of some glue to attach the BtS prelude at the the cinematic, something the whole novel """""""should""""""" provide.

Ahaha. No. The last time they did have some small events already (even some perpetrated by third parties). And even though the Alliance ultimately was the one to have their events first, they still pinned it all on Garrosh because he was Hitler. So whoever gets to be the Hitler of this war, will get blamed for all of it.
    I doubt even Blizzard would so clumsily repeat the same exact trick all over again. I already see the faction war cheapened in a similar manner but this time I predict some super evil scheme of third parties literally manipulating the conflict from start to finish. In this way the "lessons of Pandaria" will be preserved and war between Alliance and Horde will once again become bad business and anyone suggesting it a literal psychopath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

It's like everyone forgot that the horde watched as the alliance king was over run and killed. It's like they forgot that forsaken took over an alliance kingdom. It's like they forgotten what the forsaken did to the Gilnean people. It's like they forgot about literally all the other bad shit, monstrous, and genocide that the horde has caused. The cherry on top was the kings death, and they must be held accountable.
    Last edited by MHMabrito; 2017-11-04 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Believing things do not make people look stupid, starting wars out of beliefs alone does though. Throwing lives in the meat grinder should be justified by something a bit more...concrete.
    Sadly, while it is stupid, it isn't unrealistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    It's like everyone forgot that the horde watched as the alliance king was over run and killed.
    It's like you forgot that the Horde was running for their lives while said king was killed.

Why would you want the Horde and Alliance to get along?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like everyone forgot that the horde watched as the alliance king was over run and killed.
    They were already gone by then. And hey the warchief died too
    It's like they forgot that forsaken too over an alliance kingdom.
    You mean that steaming pile of rotten land that all the living fled from?
    It's like they forgotten what the forsaken did to the Gilnean people.
    I'll give you that one,
    It's like they forgot about literally all the other bad shit, monstrous, and genocide that the horde has caused. The cherry on top was the kings death, and they must be held accountable.
    Sure

im pretty sure there is a connection to the old gods and the void lords. its easier to conquer a land already ravaged by war with both military factions tired by warfare. nzoth is doing a good job it seems. the nations are destroying eachother already so it makes it easier for the old gods.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's like you forgot that the Horde was running for their lives while said king was killed.
    Abandoning your fellow soldiers is punishable by death.

That being said, I see Glenn Greymane and Jaina manipulating Anduin to destroy the horde, they both only have vengeance on their minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    That depends from the context. Considered Anduin has always been depicted as a rather level-headed character and we just faced the biggest war against the Legion of all times (the one that even led to its dismantling) I say such premise would be unrealistic enough.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    The Forsaken are one thing, but there is absolutely no reason the other races of the Horde, ESPECIALLY THE ORCS, would rally behind Sylvanas to wage war against the Alliance again after Garrosh. It just makes absolutely no fucking sense, especially in the wake of Legion craze.

Like how do you even justify this premise? What would Illidan think of the fact the Alliance and Horde suddenly decide to fight each other over the Legion?
    Considering the Horde and Alliance have always fought and had tenuous peace at best doesn't really make it seem that far out of the realm of possibility in my opinion. I mean the Horde and Alliance aren't really doing anything in Legion. The class order halls and army of light are the ones taking the fight to the Legion.

Genn and Sylvanas hate each other and Genn has a huge voice with Anduin and Sylvanas wants to secure the future for the horde and she's shown that she will do whatever it takes. Genn is basically begging for war and Jaina also doesn't like the horde. I'm not sure why people want the story to be some peace loving thing where we all band together to fight off all the threats. That sounds like the most boring thing ever. Bring on the Horde vs Alliance conflicts along with fighting the big baddies imo. It makes it way more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    They weren't "fellow" soldiers and the Horde isn't ruled by the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account

That being said, I see Glenn Greymane and Jaina manipulating Anduin to destroy the horde, they both only have vengeance on their minds.
    Except they weren't fellow soldiers. Basicly just an uneasy temporary coalition.

You forgot the "without good reason" in there. The Horde was already getting overrun, they had no choice and no way of actually helping the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    #allianceshotfirst
    Except the whole burning down of Teldrassil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    So you already have the timeline at your disposal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    And how do you know what happened first ? Oh yeah, making shit up on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    1. No, it's not.
    2. Perhaps in the Alliance army.
    3. Remember how the entire Alliance ran away and left their King to die?
    You forgot the "without good reason" in there. The Horde was already getting overrun, they had no choice and no way of actually helping the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Except they weren't fellow soldiers. Basicly just an uneasy temporary coalition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    They weren't "fellow" soldiers and the Horde isn't ruled by the Alliance.
    Good, so you all agree they hold no respect for each other, and that they did indeed leave Varian behind. Guess we also forgot what Lok'tar ogar means..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And how do you know what happened first ? Oh yeah, making shit up on the go.
    That wasn't my intent. We don't know who shot first, Alex even said as much. You were saying Alliance shot first, which is you actually being the one making shit up on the go.

- - - Updated - - -

So you already have the timeline at your disposal?
    But we do know that Teldrassil was burnt down and we don't know which of the two events happened first, so it's foolish to assume that the Alliance attacked first when it could go either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    That wasn't my intent. We don't know who shot first, Alex even said as much. You were saying Alliance shot first, which is you actually being the one making shit up on the go.

But we do know that Teldrassil was burnt down and we don't know which of the two events happened first, so it's foolish to assume that the Alliance attacked first when it could go either way.
    You cut with a dull edge of knife don't you ? My post was a joke. It references a long running meme of #handshotfirst, which originated from movie star wars and directors cut of said movie which would alter a scene of shooting betwen characters han solo and greedo.

Do i need to explain joke in more detail ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Three words: Old God Corruption
    Three words: Try something new.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

You mean that steaming pile of rotten land that all the living fled from?
    Dunno, Hillsbrad was quite lively before Forsaken started testing with their plague (Vanilla-through WotLK) and then eradicated Southshore.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988