Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Exclamation Possible new allied races

Hey everyone!

At Blizzcon was noted that some other allied races will be revaled further.

What do you think about that allied races? Would they be quete more different then prior six?

If we talk about the Horde, I think that many of us thought about brown-skinned mag'hars (and some people about fel orcs, of course). However, I see another option. But in order to clarify it, I will make a small intro.

In fact, now many of us have been given what they have long asked for - the high elves. For a long time, in 2012 my friend and I fantasized how we could add them. Perhaps by making the blood elves a neutral race and allowing them to heal from the contamination that affected them. Or the high elves could start in parallel with the blood elves. But along with this idea, I noted that high elves can't be added in their standard form, because some players will not understand and will not accept this, calling it a copypaste. I supposed, thet in contrary to worgen high elves could have some 'blessing shape' from Naaru, for example... and almost guessed.

So the dream of a large group of players of the alliance came true with void elves. But what about the other fan lobby from the other side? Since Cataclysm Blizzard told us that they want to add ogres to the Horde. Yes, they are not orcs, but in fact, let's answer the following question: are nightborn the descendants or differ breed of blood elves? I think they're not. Moreover, they are rather their ancestors. And they are a kind of night elves.

So what am I talking about? As we know, ogres are the ancestors of the orcs. As well as vrykul are the ancestors of humans. And although these races are quite different from their descendants, they have a blood relationship with them.

Let me remind you that this is my opinion and it would be interesting for me to hear your views on the concept of allied races and their new species in the future.

5+ Year Old Account
    Gilblins/Gilgoblins, Naga, Ethereals and Vulpera. Maybe also the Hozen and the Jinyu

Rooting for Vulpera to be a new "choose your faction" allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobz View Post
    Rooting for Vulpera to be a new "choose your faction" allied race.
    Dear God, please no! Wow isn't an Asian MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnar View Post
    Pandaren.

Blood Elves.

Anything other than Vulpera, please

For a neutral race (if we even get one, they seem dissatisfied with Pandaren), I'd say Ethereals.

I wanna see Vrykul on Alliance, though.

Vulpera would be a funny race to have around, indeed. I'm looking forward to them, regardless of them appearing like in a basic Asian MMO.

Deleted
    I would love me some Uncorrupted Orc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, when you start calling them Allied Races instead of Subraces, you really blow the doors wide open, right? No need for capital cities or starting zones, they can share rigs and animations with things that already exist. Just a set of Heritage Armor, a questline to explain how they joined a faction, and some racial abilities.

I think right now the real question is moreso: which races deserve the Allied Race treatment and which deserve the Neutral Race treatment?

Just going to throw out a bunch of random ones that I think could easily work as Allied Races. Bolding the most likely/important ones, italicizing the ones that could instead be new customization toggles like orc hunches.

Alliance: Furbolg, Broken draenei, jinyu, vrykul, half-elves, Wildhammer dwarves, Frostborn dwarves, Gilnean humans, Kul Tiran humans, feral worgen, mechagnomes, sand gnomes, high elves

Horde: Mag'har orcs, Dragonmaw orcs, Blackrock orcs, ogres, Mok'nathal, Grimtotem tauren, taunka, Revantusk trolls, vulpera, hobgoblins, mogu, hozen, Darkfallen, Nightfallen, Wretched, fresh undead, skeletal undead

Either: High arakkoa, arakkoa outcasts, mantid, tuskarr, tortollan

Crazy: Dragonkin. IE Ebonhorn dragonkin are tauren, Azurewing dragonkin are high elves. Give them horns and stuff. Could do other races and dragonflights. Whelp Form as a racial that lets you fly at 20% speed.

On the flip side, I think there are some races that still really deserve to be added as a fully playable core race. Ethereals would make for an excellent neutral race similar to pandaren, and could even be introduced alongside a new class or hero class (IE Shadow Hunter / Void Ranger / Dark Ranger / whatever).
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-11-05 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    The cat-lion humanlike monsters of Cataclysm would be cool for the horde.

The ethereals would be cool for the alliance.

also: What is the difference between Draenei and Lightforged Draenei? They look identical

Off the top of my head, the ones I'd really like to see:

Horde:
    Ogre
    Saberon
    Mogu
    Taunka

Alliance:
    Broken
    Arrakoa
    Tuskarr
    Vulpera

Ethereal and Naga should be saved for the next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    The cat-lion humanlike monsters of Cataclysm would be cool for the horde.

The ethereals would be cool for the alliance.

also: What is the difference between Draenei and Lightforged Draenei? They look identical
    Lightforged Draenei have golden (metal) markings across their bodies (like the Demon Hunter tattoos), golden eyes and a glowing rune floating infront of their foreheads which is apparently customizable. Other differences are the golden horseshoes and golden tail and hair decorations. Their racials, passive and active ones are all Light based (a lot of AOE Holy damage).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why an interesting new race automatically has to be pegged as "Asian MMO."

WoW is WoW, Blizzard does what Blizzard wants. Just adding a fennek-based race doesn't change the country of origin.

And it's not like WoW is suddenly going to turn into a Korean Grindfest, the devs clearly have their heads attached (even if they're not fully screwed on most of the time).

But yes I do get that "Asian MMO" is just slang for "keep the anime fans out of my MMO."

Anyway on the topic at hand. Honestly I want three sub-races in particular. Kul'tirasian Humans, Tortollans, and Vulpera.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on past races encountered, the ones I would throw into the pot of guesses are:

High Elves - Arrakoa - Dragonmaw or Blackrock Clan Orcs

If they find a way to make races that aren't Bipedal work, then I would offer Naga, Dryad's, and the Cat things from Uldum in Cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post

Unique horn designs, hairstyles, and facial hair. In Battle for Azeroth they'll also have customizable tattoos and naaru marks.

It's a bit early yet to say exactly how all the Allied Races will look when finalized, as the current implementation is very clearly unfinished. My personal hope is that they'll also get some tweaks to their builds, posture, and idle animations to help their silhouettes stand out a bit more. Shouldn't be too big a hassle for the character artists and animators.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-11-05 at 08:11 PM.

Well, to begin with, we should be realistic about this feature. Out of the announced options, all of them are merely re-skins and/or tweaks to the existing races within each faction:

Alliance
    Dark Iron Dwarves: The existing Dwarven model w/Dark Iron attributes.
    Lightforged Draenei: The existing Draenei model w/golden attributes from their empowerment by the Naaru.
    Void Elves: The existing Blood Elf/High Elf model w/void attributes.

Horde
    Highmountain Tauren: The existing Tauren model w/Highmountain horns, tattoos, etc.
    Nightborne: The existing Night Elf model w/adjusted features, animations, and skins (to be fair, they're as close to having a separate kit as possible).
    Zandalari Trolls: The existing Troll model w/new skins.

In essence, despite Blizzard's insistence against the term, they're by-and-large, nothing more than sub-races. Just keep that in mind before going off on a tangent.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Now, with that being said, I would like the following:

Alliance
    Draenei: Broken
    Dwarf: Wildhammer Clan
    Gnome: N/A
    Human: N/A
    Night Elf: Lowborne Model (Current Model) and a Highborne Model (New Skins, etc.)
    Worgen: The Genn Greymane model... IDK..., but in the preview, he looked fantastic (we'll get a revamp to the race before we get a sub-race for them).

Horde
    Blood Elf: N/A
    Goblin: I doubt that it'll happen, but I would like Hobgoblins: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hobgoblin. Regardless, they'll get their update before a sub-race occurs.
    Orc: Brown and Black skins (Mag'har)
    Tauren: Taunka (they're already a member of the Horde) and Yaungol (they're unlikely)
    Troll: Forest Troll (Revantusk Tribe)
    Undead: Undead Elf

Neutral
    Pandaren: Red Pandas - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-11-05 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Well, to begin with, we should be realistic about this feature. Out of the announced options, all of them are merely re-skins and/or tweaks to the existing races within each faction:

Alliance
    Dark Iron Dwarves: The existing Dwarven model w/Dark Iron attributes.
    Lightforged Draenei: The existing Draenei model w/golden attributes from their empowerment by the Naaru.
    Void Elves: The existing Blood Elf/High Elf model w/void attributes.

Horde
    Highmountain Tauren: The existing Tauren model w/Highmountain horns, tattoos, etc.
    Nightborne: The existing Night Elf model w/adjusted features, animations, and skins (to be fair, they're as close to having a separate kit as possible).
    Zandalari Trolls: The existing Troll model w/new skins.

In essence, despite Blizzard's insistence against the term, they're by-and-large, nothing more than sub-races. Just keep that in mind before going off on a tangent.
    Right now they're very much just sub-races, but I think Blizz choose the term and the system on purpose.

They started small, but my guess is as the expansion gets closer and progresses, we'll see more Allied Races that fall into the "new race that reuses old animations" category.

Also I always point this out when people call Zandalari a troll sub-race. They actually reuse the Night Elf animations, not troll.

they merge with a naruu so there reforged in the light.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see Lightforged other races aswell ,
    i would reroll back to alliance immediatly if Lightforged Gnomes could be paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Anyway on the topic at hand. Honestly I want three sub-races in particular. Kul'tirasian Humans, Tortollans, and Vulpera.
    The latter two is just too silly for WoW-standards. I'm sure several people agree with me when I say that goblins and especially gnomes are pushing it. Making a small and "cute" furry race playable just seems so out of place with what they've got going on with all the other races. I simply don't see them fitting in neither the horde nor the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    The latter two is just too silly for WoW-standards. I'm sure several people agree with me when I say that goblins and especially gnomes are pushing it. Making a small and "cute" furry race playable just seems so out of place with what they've got going on with all the other races. I simply don't see them fitting in neither the horde nor the alliance.
    How can you see two races we've never seen in WoW before fitting anywhere? How can you even call them silly? We know a bit about Tortollans from Hearthstone, but who says the Hearthstone interpretation is canon? And as for the Vulpera, all we've seen was one of them sitting at a table in Freehold.

Honestly I'd take those two races because they're new LOOOOOOOOONG before some "oh look it's ____ but with a new skin color" like Mag'har, or Taunka, or High Elves.

Right now they're very much just sub-races, but I think Blizz choose the term and the system on purpose.

They started small, but my guess is as the expansion gets closer and progresses, we'll see more Allied Races that fall into the "new race that reuses old animations" category.

Also I always point this out when people call Zandalari a troll sub-race. They actually reuse the Night Elf animations, not troll.
    We're only getting the six for Patch 8.0, so I doubt that we'll see anything else until 8.1, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

How can you see two races we've never seen in WoW before fitting anywhere? How can you even call them silly? We know a bit about Tortollans from Hearthstone, but who says the Hearthstone interpretation is canon? And as for the Vulpera, all we've seen was one of them sitting at a table in Freehold.

Honestly I'd take those two races because they're new LOOOOOOOOONG before some "oh look it's ____ but with a new skin color" like Mag'har, or Taunka, or High Elves.
    The races will have to be tied to the "main" versions in some manner. I can't see them introducing a random race like that when we don't have ogres, etc.