Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How hard was Garrosh on mythic?

The best raiders have a lot to eventually say about every end expansion bosses ultimate difficulty, but Garrosh seems to fly by the most and I'm wondering what it was like.

It was long and tedious to get to the last phase where it was actually difficult

Mythic Garrosh was easy af.
    Heroic Garrosh was really hard though.

Garrosh on Mythic was easier than Xavious.

On Heroic though, he was pretty tough... But he was relevant for so long, that so many guilds got Cutting Edge.

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh Heroic (as it was then) was a bit weird because due to the silly kiting tactic, it was way easier on 25-man than it was on 10-man, at least before a bunch of nerfs. It was definitely an easier fight on 25-man than some of the more recent ones (Gul'dan, Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden, etc) so it doesn't get that much mention when talking about the hardest ever bosses.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Chanja View Post
    Mythic Garrosh was easy af.
    Heroic Garrosh was really hard though.
    Totally agree Heroic Garrosh was pain in the ass.. I actually got the mount from that dick the week mythic change happened, was quite a breeze.

Mythic Garrosh didn't even exist for the first 13 months of SoO.

Referring to Mythic Garrosh (6.0.3+) instead of Heroic Garrosh (5.4.0-5.4.8) is just confusing, as you're essentially talking about two completely different encounters. The stat squish literally broke SoO, you could clear Mythic in a PUG and one shot every boss.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2017-11-06 at 11:30 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    It was long and tedious to get to the last phase where it was actually difficult
    What was supposedly so difficult about that last phase? There were basically two things to do, kite the iron star and have one person move left/right with a debuff. Oh, and some fire. Compared to some actually difficult final phases, it was a cakewalk - though admitedly, fucking up the iron stars in an otherwise perfect attempt was just brutal.

Otherwise, it was a decent boss, not too hard, not too easy. Some parts were much harder on 10 man, simply because you were expected to split your raid into several groups and interrupt multiple mobs at once - all much easier to do with 25 people. Still, you could brute force a lot of things, including AFKing through second intermission or stacking and healing through boss AOE instead of dodging.

Garrosh "flies by the most" because overall, it was much easier than the likes of Archimonde, Ragnaros or Blackhand, not as dumb as fighting Deathwing's Giant Chin and didn't have any crazy mechanics that required mass stacking - possible exception being Brewmaster for add kiting. A solid boss without anything truly spectacular - and completely trivialized by the patch that introduced Mythic raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Garrosh before the nerfs (Last phase) was a face-smasher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    The best raiders have a lot to eventually say about every end expansion bosses ultimate difficulty, but Garrosh seems to fly by the most and I'm wondering what it was like.
    Easy on Mythic, because with the introduction of mythic everything was post-nerf, people were overgeared and Blizzard made mythic SoO way easier, so as to not cockblock people who had it on farm.

It was really demanding on Heroic 10 man though, literally the kind of fight where a single... not even major mistake, but being 1 second too slow, by one player - would end it. End of the fight was pretty hectic, too.

Good, hard boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post 6.0 he was a fucking cakewalk. My guild, which had just gotten to him when 6.0 launched, was 10man, and had to semi-merge with another guild for mythic took under a week to kill him.
    Can't comment on pre-6.0 though

Deleted
    I will never forget the moment when our feral druid get Malice (debuff and basically if you move you will wipe raid). He popped up dash and run on another side of the room. We were asking what he was doing and he told us he was scared and didn't know what to do. (after like 10 tries in stage 4)

Deleted
    Mythic Garry was the first Mythic endboss ever. Mythic SoO was generally a sales pitch to us filthy casuals, so even I pugged it regularly. Oranges to apples comparison really.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse was the actual last boss if I recall

Deleted
    Garrosh Mythic was long. I would say he was harder than Archimond, but that's due to the nature of the game at the time. But he was definitely satisfyingly difficult for a last boss.
    And as far as I know Archimond is nothing compared to Kil'Jaeden, but I haven't progressed in Legion myth at all, so it's just rumours my buddies told me.

EDIT: I am referring to pre-prepatch Garrosh, the Heroic version.
    Mythic was a joke, as the balance was all over the place.
    Last edited by mmocad3e65e5d1; 2017-11-06 at 12:17 PM.

Took us around 130 wipes just to get to the last phase. Once that was done it only took like 5 proper tries to kill him. The fight had some timers that you had to beat in order to make the fight easier since you could skip intermissions and nasty comboes.

All in all it was a good fight in terms of difficulty. Only stupidass randomness that could occur were in the first phase if the orc adds all fixated on the same guy and rekt them even before he buffed them.

What was annoying mostly was having to have a brewmaster for add kiting and a selection of dps who could do the engineer with immunities or massive dmg reductions. Or not having aoe interrupts for the MC's when they become immune to stuns.

This ofc referring to heroic version. Once mythic launched it became an unmemorable experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic Garrosh was a joke because it wasn't scaled right, but Heroic Garrosh was hard & it was multiple things that could cause a wipe. but mainly it is the Sha & Iron Star kiting the Brewmaster tank had to do.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Garrosh Heroic's difficulty was just perfect. Even though the main contender was the loading screen before the last phase !
    I think it was a bit easier in 25 than in 10, but it was still a really tough fight with a near perfect positioning/timers to achieve to see the next phase.

All 3 end-bosses of MoP were perfect encounters in terms of balance.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    At 800 ilvl I still can't get to mythic Garrosh, the fuck are you guys talking about?

The stat squish happened. When Mythic was introduced, the raid had been broken by the squish.

It remained in HC for way longer than it was faceroll in Mythic.