Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    they are working on it

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Literally from the q and a thread.

Q: When will worgens/goblins get updated?
    A: Not in 8.0 but they are actively being worked on. Animations for Goblins are fine but they need visual updates. Male worgen are decent, but females need to be reworked.

I get some people feel a need to be perpetually pissed off at the world, but damn.
    and the need you feel to be a smartass is so much better.

It's not happening as in it's not gonna happen right now

got it?

I replied as I don't want people to waste time on silly questions and shout outs

Deleted
    I also don't think it will happen till after 9.0 which is BS... They have been saying this since 6.2

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I also don't think it will happen till after 9.0 which is BS... They have been saying this since 6.2
    Have they been saying that since then or have players been asking for them since then? Those are kind of distinctly different things.

I'll be shocked if we don't see a female Worgen re-work in or before 8.2, frankly. I know the Chihuahua thing is embarrassing to their art team and to the game generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Have they been saying that since then or have players been asking for them since then? Those are kind of distinctly different things.

I'll be shocked if we don't see a female Worgen re-work in or before 8.2, frankly. I know the Chihuahua thing is embarrassing to their art team and to the game generally.
    They have been saying it since then. People have wanted the worgen/goblin update since before all the models were updated. A lot of folks were hoping it would've been updated with the others or maybe the expansion after Draenei/Blood Elves got their finished update, but they continue pushing it back or saying things like "Pandaren quality", which the models aren't.

People have been clamoring for a female worgen update for like...
    I dunno, since they revealed that awful beta model. (Clearly Blizzard thinks it's bad too since they've been talking about a "complete rework", not just an update.)

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Deleted

I definitely remember Blizzard saying something during 7.0

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanroc View Post
    They have been saying it since then.
    Can you link me or quote me? I seem to remember Blizzard actually avoiding saying anything remotely committal until well into Legion. I could be wrong but...

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I definitely remember Blizzard saying something during 7.0
    7.0 pre-patch or do you just mean "some time in Legion"? And that's quite a lot later than 6.2.

I mean, I'm not calling you a liar, but I am feeling people may be misremembering. I really want better female (and to a lesser extent male) Worgen, so I've followed this a bit, and what I recall is Blizzard carefully avoiding the issue until, like, some time in Legion.

If they're not in by 8.2 I think complaints will be legit, but up until then... JMHO of course.

Deleted
    Can you link me or quote me? I seem to remember Blizzard actually avoiding saying anything remotely committal until well into Legion. I could be wrong but...

7.0 pre-patch or do you just mean "some time in Legion"? And that's quite a lot later than 6.2.

I mean, I'm not calling you a liar, but I am feeling people may be misremembering. I really want better female (and to a lesser extent male) Worgen, so I've followed this a bit, and what I recall is Blizzard carefully avoiding the issue until, like, some time in Legion.

If they're not in by 8.2 I think complaints will be legit, but up until then... JMHO of course.
    7.0 pre-patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    and the need you feel to be a smartass is so much better.

It's not happening as in it's not gonna happen right now

got it?

I replied as I don't want people to waste time on silly questions and shout outs
    Lol. Pot to kettle...

I guess I can find those sources.
    Announcement blog.

They've been saying they wanted to update worgen/goblin models 'at a later date' several times.
    They've also said it's "not on their agenda" several times later, and then pushed back to later for two expansions now.

PM if you add me!

The MMO-C recap of the Q&A leaves out some detail.

Here's a rough transcript from the Live Q&A:
    Hostess: Our next viewer would like to know when we are going to see the updated Worgen and Goblin character models.

Chris: So, actually, me and Ion have been trolling each other all weekend, saying opposite things for some odd reason, so... To clear things up; not for 8.0 but we are actually currently working on them. And no disrespect meant to either of the races for the delay it has taken us to get to that. I play a Goblin, we love those guys. I feel like the Goblin, and I think collectively we feel that the Goblin, as a race, are looking really good and really cool, both the male and female. They just need that visual update and more animations so they feel like in line with the current fidelity of the rest of the races.

So, Worgen on the other hand. Very happy with the male Worgen. I understand there's also a lot of unhappiness with the female Worgen, so as part of that process we would like to offer more facial features for them so they feel a little bit softer and more wolf-like and less... Chihuahua like.
    During someone's Twitch stream of the Zandalar demo zone (which was before the Q&A), Ion also "promised" that we would get the updated models in Battle for Azeroth. Not at launch, but later on in the new expansion. If that holds up remains to be seen.
    Last edited by PomPomPop; 2017-11-06 at 01:22 PM.

I feel like the "not planned for this expansion" from that one video was more of a misdirect. Not planned to release in the expansion, although if they get it done sooner than hooray, it's finished. Looks like Chris explained himself in the live Q&A, so... there we go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post

During someone's Twitch stream of the Zandalar demo zone (which was before the Q&A), Ion also "promised" that we would get the updated models in Battle for Azeroth. Not at launch, but later on in the new expansion. If that holds up remains to be seen.
    A developer, the game designer at that, explicitly stating a promise does hold some ground however. I'm willing to give a shot at hoping they keep to it since it's the most genuine answer we've ever received from them.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Thanks for the full transcript. I think that really clears things up.
    Since they seem to be very excited about unveiling new customization options to diversify the current races, I guess it's a good sign for the worgen. We might be able to satisfy both parties that like or dislike the current female model.

Personally I'd like to see something like this person's edit as an option:

I think that fixes the problems of the female's face good enough.
    I don't need something 'yiffy' or 'beautiful', but I do was something that's at least consistent with the male.

Still a disappointment we aren't getting it at launch, but I guess we'll see. We've waited this long. What's slightly longer?

PM if you add me!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's hilarious that they claim that they've been working on them for 3 years now... while other stuff get's models super fast. How slow can they be with those models? They've shown in various other cases they know how to model.
    Heck.. even other teams got it down. Just look at Greymane in HoS

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    We're getting something better then stupid worgen and goblin models.

Zerg.

As a playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanroc View Post
    Thanks for the full transcript. I think that really clears things up.
    Since they seem to be very excited about unveiling new customization options to diversify the current races, I guess it's a good sign for the worgen. We might be able to satisfy both parties that like or dislike the current female model.

Personally I'd like to see something like this person's edit as an option:

I think that fixes the problems of the female's face good enough.
    I don't need something 'yiffy' or 'beautiful', but I do was something that's at least consistent with the male.

Still a disappointment we aren't getting it at launch, but I guess we'll see. We've waited this long. What's slightly longer?
    Wow i really like that one, also fixes the "fuck me" eyes very well. I also think worgen should be able to get a tail

I have to say, when I first heard Chris' answer on the subject, that was my biggest disappointment about the new expansion. I'm very glad Ion and then, later, Chris himself clarified their plans.

I would really like to play both of these races, and while Chris has a point that Goblins already look pretty good, there's absolutely no reason they shouldn't be in line with the Pandaren and revamped races. Plus, the female Worgen has been in desperate need of a revamp since release. It'll be good to finally have every race at the Pandaren-standard.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University