Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Wouldn't make sense? Sylvanas plague bombed Gilneas even when she was explicitly ordered not to...you think burning a big tree would be beneath her?

Mind you I'm not saying that you're wrong and that your theory isn't possible...I just think you're greatly overestimating Sylvanas' morals
    To be fair, if she went with Garrosh's plan her forsaken would have all died.

Regardless, I agree that her morals are questionable at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chernobyll View Post
    She could have killed Genn in Stormhein, he walked away while she was angry at her lost.
    She lost her immortality, she wasn't going to risk her life because if Genn got her she wasn't coming back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I think is more credible the idea that was the Desolate Council who wants to overthrow Sylvanas and thwart her plans... I think is more credible Nobble speculation about that:
    https://twitter.com/Nobbel87/status/927317038950961152

maybe Wrathion will play a role in that, pushing Anduin at war... but I think will se the Desolate Council acting like Putress did...
    That plot of a forsaken rogue group doing things? Isn't this too Wrathgate?

10+ Year Old Account
    She lost her immortality, she wasn't going to risk her life because if Genn got her she wasn't coming back again.
    But she's willing to risk burning down a world tree and facing the alliance retaliation on the front lines.
    Hey

I'm sticking to the idea that Wrathion is N'zoth in disguise. In Lovecraftian lore, Nyarlathotep takes the form of an Egyptian pharaoh. N'zoth has many similarities to Nyarlathotep with some suggesting Nyarlathotep is the basis of N'zoth's lore.

Cue: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17604950630

if Wrathion really did burn down Teldrassil, and N'zoth is Wrathion, then this quote from Il'gynoth makes sense:
    "The boy king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you."

The boy king referring to Anduin, the master referring to N'zoth/Wrathion.

Also this quote from the thread:

just did the rogue legendary questchain. Funny thing is, you never actually see Wrathion hatch from the egg. You go down in Ravenholdt and find the egg already open, with Wrathion coming to talk to you. There is no evidence that Wrathion was in fact the hatchling from the egg.

The dialogue of the red dragon that flies you there mentions that the humans of Ravenholdt may be driven by "madness" (when questioning why the humans took the egg)... Then you find out their leader is Wrathion, and is assumed to be the reason that the humans took the egg. I think it's a bit strange for the dragon to mention that they may be driven by madness in context of the Cataclysm expansion, where madness is caused by influence of the Old Gods.
    Last edited by JasonWuzHear; 2017-11-06 at 11:37 PM.

I like this idea, but I'm still convinced Sylvanas attacks Teldrassil first, and then the Alliance sieges Undercity in retaliation to get to Sylvanas.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

You just proved again that she isn't dumb enough to do something stupid, although she didn't lost immortality. She didn't have it. She was fighting to acquire it. She still have some of her Valkyries and if she wanted to kill Genn that time she could have done it.

Deleted
    The twillight hammer cult could be involved in this whole mess, wouldnt be the first time that they try to set up a factionwar.
    Wrathion could just take them over by telling them that he is the son of deathwing (if he wanted to, but pretty sure he would never want that cult to follow him).
    After all they would not need him for doing stuff like that, fucking shit up is basically what the cult is about.

The cult could even opperate to the orders of n zoth, which we might see in the next expansion.

Of course this is really unlikely, but i would even prefer that over a sylvanas that just burned down teldrassil for no good reasoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I like this idea, but I'm still convinced Sylvanas attacks Teldrassil first, and then the Alliance sieges Undercity in retaliation to get to Sylvanas.
    But why would she attack target of no importance, especially for her ? If anything, destruction of teldrassil worked directly against her, and this isn't kind of blunder she would make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    But she's willing to risk burning down a world tree and facing the alliance retaliation on the front lines.
    It was her vs Genn in that vault, like I said if Genn managed to kill her she wasn't coming back.

If she died in the battle for Undercity, her body could have been recovered, and be honest...if she ran away and left them to fend for themselves, do you think they'd still be calling her Warchief?

been saying old gods puppet master, have the horde and alliance battle each other to near extinction. Then a legion of naga invades the eastern kingdoms and Nzoth himself appears in Silithis to drink from the wound

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    I'm sticking to the idea that Wrathion is N'zoth in disguise. In Lovecraftian lore, Nyarlathotep takes the form of an Egyptian pharaoh. N'zoth has many similarities to Nyarlathotep with some suggesting Nyarlathotep is the basis of N'zoth's lore.

Cue: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17604950630

if Wrathion really did burn down Teldrassil, and N'zoth is Wrathion, then this quote from Il'gynoth makes sense:
    "The boy king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you."

The boy king referring to Anduin, the master referring to N'zoth/Wrathion.
    Wrathion is the Son of Neltharion, King of the Black Dragons, which is dead.
    The boy-king serves the master's table. Three lies he will offer you

I think the boy-king here is Wrathion.

Wouldn't make sense? Sylvanas plague bombed Gilneas even when she was explicitly ordered not to...you think burning a big tree would be beneath her?

Mind you I'm not saying that you're wrong and that your theory isn't possible...I just think you're greatly overestimating Sylvanas' morals
    It has nothing to do with morals and everything to do with tactical advantage. Using the plague on Gilneas against orders a) kills them faster and b) generates more Forsaken faster and more efficiently. Burning down a magical tree that's essentially in the boondocks provides no strategic advantage. The only possible reason Sylvanas could have is that Anduin and Genn were already marching on UC and she was hoping a gigantic bonfire would distract them enough to not attack.

No, IF it was the Horde that burned Teldrassil, it was either not Sylvanas or done after the Alliance attacks UC.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But why would she attack target of no importance, especially for her ? If anything, destruction of teldrassil worked directly against her, and this isn't kind of blunder she would make.
    No idea, but it's confirmed the burning of Teldrassil occurs before Undercity, which is an alliance retaliation. I don't really get anything Sylvanas does, outside of trying to keep herself alive.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chernobyll View Post
    Wrathion is the Son of Neltharion, King of the Black Dragons, which is dead.
    The boy-king serves the master's table. Three lies he will offer you

I think the boy-king here is Wrathion.
    "From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength."
    Hey

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    It has nothing to do with morals and everything to do with tactical advantage. Using the plague on Gilneas against orders a) kills them faster and b) generates more Forsaken faster and more efficiently. Burning down a magical tree that's essentially in the boondocks provides no strategic advantage. The only possible reason Sylvanas could have is that Anduin and Genn were already marching on UC and she was hoping a gigantic bonfire would distract them enough to not attack.

No, IF it was the Horde that burned Teldrassil, it was either not Sylvanas or done after the Alliance attacks UC.
    Let me guess...another Sylvanas fanboi that thinks she would never hurt a fly unless provoked?

Genn took her immortality from her, and now that we don't have the Legion gunning for us how easier of a master stroke against Genn than to cause his people to lose a second home?

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    No idea, but it's confirmed the burning of Teldrassil occurs before Undercity, which is an alliance retaliation. I don't really get anything Sylvanas does, outside of trying to keep herself alive.
    Wait, where was that confirmed? Super interested!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Wait, where was that confirmed? Super interested!
    Some gamespot article.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6454665/

Says Sylvanas was there when Teldrassil burned and the alliance are attacking UC as retaliation. No specifics which is why people are speculating. Though if you dare to speculate now you get labeled as a "Sylvanas fanboi" just because you're not wanting more garrosh-esque bullshit.
    Hey

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    "From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength."
    Yeh. pretty much thats what i thought of initially . Someone lies to Sylvanas and Anduin thus offering 2 lies and one left to possibly open a future tier. However Ion and Alex stated there were no plans so far for Wrathion (which sounded strange as Ion has stated that we would see dragons in near future when chromie scenario released).
    Anyways we do get to know what Varimathras ment when speaking to the Alliance about their sacred places burning down (hah 100 pages of speculation and noone saw that coming....).
    Now we dont know much about the state of SW at the beginning of the expansion do we?

It was her vs Genn in that vault, like I said if Genn managed to kill her she wasn't coming back.

If she died in the battle for Undercity, her body could have been recovered, and be honest...if she ran away and left them to fend for themselves, do you think they'd still be calling her Warchief?
    The Horde is heavily outmatched and has been since the end of SoO. Their leadership roster is thin, they fought a civil war and lost a lot of their might because of it. Sylvanas knows this, and knows that Undercity would be the first target for The Alliance if war were to break out. I maintain that she didn't kill Genn on purpose in Stormheim because she knew it would cause a war.