Lor'themar Theron Leads Force To Burn Down Teldrassil In Response to Alleria's Elves

Edit: Disregard the "fan fiction" theory below. It's bad. I'm bad. I should read more on the lore. Didn't realize Alleria was taking blood elves that were already banished for using void magic. That throws my theory completely out of the water. I also realize it was out of character for Lor'themar, but I was also assuming some old gods might be involved, whispering into his ear.

I have seen several theories as to who or what burns down Teldrassil, but I've yet to see anyone really discuss Lor'themar as a possible culprit. Apologies if this has already been brought up, but out of everyone in the warcraft universe it seems to me that Lor'themar might have the greatest motive behind burning Teldrassil. Alleria, as we know, will be taking in her fellow brother and sister blood elves and high elves and training them to become Void Elves. In doing so she will cause a rift in the Blood Elf society leading many to essentially defect to the Alliance.

I am of the opinion that this act will anger the ruling class of Blood Elves who will in retaliation send a massive fleet to Teldrassil and burn it to the ground. Sylvanas, who is busy devising her own plan to attack the Alliance city of Stormwind, will be caught off guard by this act of war and will rush to stop Lor'themar only to arrive too late. This attack may also lead to the death of her sister Vereesa who rushed to the aid of her people only to fall in battle. Sylvanas knows now that the spark of war has been ignited...literally...and she will have no choice but to move forward and begin preparations for full scale warfare. Knowing a retaliation will commence soon she ports back home to the Undercity.

Now, this could also explain the absence of Blood Elves in the assault on the Undercity cinematic. Either Sylvanas is pissed as hell with Lor'themar and has put him in time out, or more likely he is mounting his forces in Hyjal and continuing his campaign against the Night Elves. This also falls inline with each continent becoming dominated by their respective factions (EK=Alliance, Kalimdor=Horde). Lets also not forget that these events will do nothing but fuel the old gods and some of our leaders on both Horde and Alliance may be influenced into doing things that are irrational and impulsive. A divided world will be much, much easier to conquer.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Freshie Fresh; 2017-11-08 at 05:48 PM.

The Void Elves are void infused exiled Blood Elves who Alleria teaches how to control the void so they don't go crazy. She doesn't "steal" them from Quel'thalas nor does the current lore indicate she teaches "normal" elves how to become void elves.

If he's angry with Alleria he could just challenge her to a duel, I'm sure she would accept

There wouldn't be a reason to sail to the other side of the world to destroy a tree, especially since the Night Elves have nothing to do with Void Elves or Alleria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    This doesn't make any sense, and assumes huge amount of characters acting completely out of character.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar would never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshie Fresh View Post
    snip.
    This makes zero sense. Lor'themar does not go around the world picking fights. He usually tries to avoid them if possible.

that's not even remotely within lor'themar's character.

that's not even rommath really, unless the tree were full of silver covenant.

I have seen several theories as to who or what burns down Teldrassil, but I've yet to see anyone really discuss Lor'themar as a possible culprit. Apologies if this has already been brought up, but out of everyone in the warcraft universe it seems to me that Lor'themar might have the greatest motive behind burning Teldrassil. Alleria, as we know, will be taking in her fellow brother and sister blood elves and high elves and training them to become Void Elves. In doing so she will cause a rift in the Blood Elf society leading many to essentially defect to the Alliance.

I am of the opinion that this act will anger the ruling class of Blood Elves who will in retaliation send a massive fleet to Teldrassil and burn it to the ground. Sylvanas, who is busy devising her own plan to attack the Alliance city of Stormwind, will be caught off guard by this act of war and will rush to stop Lor'themar only to arrive too late. This attack may also lead to the death of her sister Vereesa who rushed to the aid of her people only to fall in battle. Sylvanas knows now that the spark of war has been ignited...literally...and she will have no choice but to move forward and begin preparations for full scale warfare. Knowing a retaliation will commence soon she ports back home to the Undercity.

Now, this could also explain the absence of Blood Elves in the assault on the Undercity cinematic. Either Sylvanas is pissed as hell with Lor'themar and has put him in time out, or more likely he is mounting his forces in Hyjal and continuing his campaign against the Night Elves. This also falls inline with each continent becoming dominated by their respective factions (EK=Alliance, Kalimdor=Horde). Lets also not forget that these events will do nothing but fuel the old gods and some of our leaders on both Horde and Alliance may be influenced into doing things that are irrational and impulsive. A divided world will be much, much easier to conquer.

Doubtful.

Lor'themar...( who?!? < got i love that video). Maybe a hord member...but he is a blood elf first. He almost joined the alliance in MoP. And even though the elfs have had their difference's they are closer to each other then other races are. ( in my eye's). And as a victim of a city attack ( when silvermoon got a visit from the undead) he knows the trauma and the rage it will cause. And he has the least beefs with the alliance.

My guess is that its not Sylvanna's OR Glenn ( all tough i would not put it past glenn).
    My guess a third party is involved. Because burning of Teldrassil is not just a act of war, but also mass murder beyond the scope of theramore ( witch causes allot of rumble's within the hord).
    And it also does nothing good for the hord or alliance. A major city and living area of 1 race destroyed does not help the alliance . It only weakens it.
    As for the hord...if you want to fight the alliance ( force a war) there are other options. Only thing this will do is cause so much rage that the alliance will destroy homelands on your side. And make them rage so much they will not stop.

So my guess: Revenge from some legion commanders or more likely the next big bad ( old gods/void lords) preemptive strike. ( like the dominion in star trek did. Causing the klingons and federation into battle).

( side not all of our class factions for who we are leaders do not do anything about this...i find that a bit weird)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I agree that that would be well out of Lor'themar's established character - it also doesn't make sense from a staging standpoint. Why would Lor'themar direct his ire at Teldrassil because a High Elf "stole" some of his people (who he had already exiled for practicing Void magic) and brought them into the Alliance? Since Alleria isn't associated with any of the main Elven factions there really isn't a greater authority to appeal to, but the closest one would be Vereesa and the Silver Covenant - that's the person Alleria is closest to. So if he were going to attack an objective because of this he would focus on Dalaran, not Teldrassil - the Night Elves have no part in the plight of the Void Elves, Alleria's actions, or the loss of previously Blood Elven citizens.

That being said, I highly doubt Lor'themar attacks anyone or anything unilaterally. The Sin'dorei largely keep to themselves if not involved in more general Horde goings-on, they've no vested interest in antagonizing the Alliance without due cause.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's not even rommath really, unless the tree were full of silver covenant.
    Naw Rommath doesn't enjoy killing high elves, he said as much during the Purge of dalaran.

sylvanas

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    That would be fairly OOC for Lor'themar.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Naw Rommath doesn't enjoy killing high elves, he said as much during the Purge of dalaran.
    true, it's just vereesa he wants to boil.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    true, it's just vereesa he wants to boil.
    She might actually die at teldrassil, if so only two more to go

My impression from Blizzcon was that the Allied race questlines won't take place until level cap, long after the burning of Teldrassil. Assuming that's the point at which Void Elves join the Alliance, the timeline doesn't add up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That’s so OOC for him.

My money is still on Vereesa doing it and somehow getting Sylvanas involved to blame it on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She might actually die at teldrassil, if so only two more to go
    true, i've seen the speculation. i can only hope the other two follow her shortly.

Yikes...so I was wrong completely about Alleria apparently. I was under the impression that she would be pulling some of the blood elves ranks into her own. I didn't realize these Blood Elves were already banished from their homelands for delving into void magic. Well, that totally throws my theory out of the water. Continue to tell me how wrong I am for the idea though. I deserve it for not reading up more on the lore.

Why would he attack Teldrassil? The night elves have fuck all to do with the void elves.

I'd like to think the leaders of the Horde and Alliance think a little more strategically than just attacking random people for revenge.

Deleted
    I don't think Lor'themar would do this. It's out of character for him plus unneccesary, at least from what we know at the moment.
    I'd not put it past Gallywix, however ^^

Lor'themar: Wow, Aleria took these Void Mages we did not want in the first place, guess we need to burn that tree now..

Beside that point, if the Horde needs a sea fleet so desperately, it would have made more sense to use the lumber of that tree to build ships.