Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People don't want Vanilla Remastered.

one of the reasons i have no real interest in playing is that as a prot pally main there is nothing for me there anymore.. in vanilla this toon was born as Ret and never was a raiding toon.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Okay dude, like this entire time you keep saying like it's my problem and my experience but I keep saying that's what most people do. I played vanilla and liked it. I'm saying most people don't cuz all we see on these servers are people making a toon, complaining in every chat then giving up. It made me realize the reality that once people try it out, many of them don't like it as much as they thought they would because it's INEVITABLY, REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK, THE FACT IS, IT CANNOT BE AS FUN AS THE FIRST TIME WE PLAYED IT. It's not an opinion, I'm not trying to stop people from playing Classic, I will play classic myself, I just know, FOR A FACT, that it's not as good as when we played it in 2004 because big aspects of what made it awesome back then (discovering the game and its features for the first time) is totally absent in a re-release that we have already played.

Everybody is welcome to play it, but it will not be like reliving the experience you had 13 years ago.

Also you talk like the official blizzard Classic version will be different than private servers, I dunno, I played a straight vanilla servers just like it was back then, just like Blizzard is supposed to release. It shouldn't be different, if it's different it means Blizzard themselves make modification to vanilla which means it makes no sense to even touch it.

PS. Notice I never said EVERYONE will hate vanilla. Cuz I know it's not the case obviously, there's still a bunch of people playing it, maybe you'll be part of them, good for you. But people seem to have this dream idea that Classic is gonna get 12 million players and keep them for centuries to come. That's just so far from the truth.
    You mean ones with the latest patch, where welfare pvp epics are immediately available, making most of the PvE content & gear obsolete? Buffed item stats, nerfed dungeons and raids. All that from the beginning. Totally legit experience of how Vanilla worked.

Sorry, the 1.12 private servers are far from legitimate, except for the few months end period. Who in their right mind would want to begin at the end?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You mean ones with the latest patch, where welfare pvp epics are immediately available, making most of the PvE content & gear obsolete? Buffed item stats, nerfed dungeons and raids. All that from the beginning. Totally legit experience of how Vanilla worked.

Sorry, the 1.12 private servers are far from legitimate, except for the few months end period. Who in their right mind would want to begin at the end?
    I don't blame you for not paying attention but they actually took the time to scale items back to the state they were in appropriate to the content released. So thing like Clutch of Andros had no spellhit on it until ZG patch (although for the first few months it had spellhit on, got rectified when someone pointed it out). Similarly warrior t1 was a hodgepodge of arcane fire frost and shadow resistance, str sta agi and spirit, before the 1.6 patch released and they updated it to the 1.6 stats, of +def +sta +str witha bit of FR and SR.

So really the only thing that was "at the end" was the talents and spells etc. Which I think overall was the preferred option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't blame you for not paying attention but they actually took the time to scale items back to the state they were in appropriate to the content released. So thing like Clutch of Andros had no spellhit on it until ZG patch (although for the first few months it had spellhit on, got rectified when someone pointed it out). Similarly warrior t1 was a hodgepodge of arcane fire frost and shadow resistance, str sta agi and spirit, before the 1.6 patch released and they updated it to the 1.6 stats, of +def +sta +str witha bit of FR and SR.

So really the only thing that was "at the end" was the talents and spells etc. Which I think overall was the preferred option.
    I can't say I've tried all servers, but I can say that all of the ones I've tried, were poor adaptations compared to the original. None of them were 1 to 1 blizzlike despite all having claimed it, and that having been the reason I joined them. Few servers for Vanilla, BC and Wotlk each, is what I've tried past 5 years.

So as far as I'm concerned, the track record is very poor, when from more than half a dozen there wasn't one faithful to the original server. Maybe I've been unlucky, wouldn't know, only seen bad ones so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I can't say I've tried all servers, but I can say that all of the ones I've tried, were poor adaptations compared to the original. None of them were 1 to 1 blizzlike despite all having claimed it, and that having been the reason I joined them. Few servers for Vanilla, BC and Wotlk each, is what I've tried past 5 years.

So as far as I'm concerned, the track record is very poor, when from more than half a dozen there wasn't one faithful to the original server. Maybe I've been unlucky, wouldn't know, only seen bad ones so far.
    Fair enough; I was being sincere when I said I don't blame you for not paying attention. But I understood that the intent especially with the 2 more recent popular vanilla blizzlike servers wasn't derided too much, at least as much as the gear and items stats were concerned. Which meant that awesome ring for finishing the whole Defias questline and meeting the King was a green ring that gave +2 Stamina, and +6 Spirit. Fucking woop
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Fair enough; I was being sincere when I said I don't blame you for not paying attention. But I understood that the intent especially with the 2 more recent popular vanilla blizzlike servers wasn't derided too much, at least as much as the gear and items stats were concerned. Which meant that awesome ring for finishing the whole Defias questline and meeting the King was a green ring that gave +2 Stamina, and +6 Spirit. Fucking woop
    Now I wish I had ended up in the better ones, before being burned out by the junk I had to endure for years. Depressing D:

I made a million good points. You're just a biased generic easily offended person who will disregard any statements including truth and facts unless it goes with your beliefs. I said time and again that I also wanted Classic and I will play it. The only difference is that I don't live in the delusional bubble of rainbows where people think they will re-live the year 2004 the same way. It's like they don't even know they have changed as a person during these 13 years.
    Well maybe they haven't, but that's a totally different mental issue.

I didn't say the game sucks, I said:

To the eyes of an easily offended person like you, all you get is the "negative" vibe of the comment and automatically throw my opinion in the haters bag, cuz that,s what people like you do, twist things around and make 2 camps, pro-something vs anti-something.
    Now let's put this into rational and mature perspective. Let's say Vanilla was a 9/10 game. All my comment REALLY said to anyone who doesn't overreacts is that Classic will be like 8/10 or 7/10, not 1/10 like you think I said.

And TBH, anyone who thinks Classic will be an experience as mindblowing as vanilla was when we first played it is gonna be disappointed, which is why private servers have way less people than you claim they do.
    Lmao stop projecting yourself on to me man, im nothing like you. Your the only one talking about emotions over the course of a few days now. We get it you have some personal issue which probably stem from the fact your retail WoW account is trash. Anyone with a hate boner like you have for vanilla is definitely has no swag on their account so your opinion is worth less then dirt. You have no good points and the points you pretend you have are completely subjective and are only seen from your point of veiw. Your mentally incapable of even understanding why the hell people want this game. Go ahead and keep shaking that rattle with your dunce hat on though its quite amusing.

Also you have already flip flopped many times, dont post pages of garbage and then get all defensive that your 1 middle ground post got shit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Lmao stop projecting yourself on to me man, im nothing like you. Your the only one talking about emotions over the course of a few days now. We get it you have some personal issue which probably stem from the fact your retail WoW account is trash. Anyone with a hate boner like you have for vanilla is definitely has no swag on their account so your opinion is worth less then dirt. You have no good points and the points you pretend you have are completely subjective and are only seen from your point of veiw. Your mentally incapable of even understanding why the hell people want this game. Go ahead and keep shaking that rattle with your dunce hat on though its quite amusing.

Also you have already flip flopped many times, dont post pages of garbage and then get all defensive that your 1 middle ground post got shit on.
    You're saying I'm projecting, and immediately after that, you're projecting. And then you proceed to ignore everything I said to stick to your wrong points. I guess you're a lost cause.

You're saying I'm projecting, and immediately after that, you're projecting. And then you proceed to ignore everything I said to stick to your wrong points. I guess you're a lost cause.
    We get it you think your a genius for pointing out the game is 11 years old and walking into Molten Core wont make everyone shit their pants again. Thank you for this precious insight. Nobody except you is holding the game to that standard. People already know this game is a re-release....

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    We get it you think your a genius for pointing out the game is 11 years old and walking into Molten Core wont make everyone shit their pants again. Thank you for this precious insight. Nobody except you is holding the game to that standard. People already know this game is a re-release....
    I typed a few things and erased it all like 3 times. Decided I'd just stop wasting time on someone who refuse to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I mean I don't wanna play if rogues go around wouth no gear and grey daggers killing everybody again :S
    if that actually happens to you you're a horrible player.

or barely better geared than the naked rogue

I think it will be fine to have some 'pvp specs' and 'pve specs.' I think that was part of the allure of Vanilla. You can't play any character the way you want and expect them to excel and some are a lot better in certain areas than others. These were days of the 'hybrid tax' where hybrid classes had a lower dps ceiling than pure classes. However, the encounters(up to Naxx) were a lot more forgiving than they are today. You would often mages, warlocks, and healers wanding at the boss because they ran out of mana. So I think that will leave room for less potent specs(Kins, Spriests, Ferals, Rets, etc) to have spots in the 40 man raids to dps and support the raid as they were designed to do.

Deleted
    The only class thing I could see them doing is removing spell downranking.

Probably/ possibly. I honestly can't remember if it was then or early TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    This is for Classic fans really, just want your opinion.

I know this is sacrilege, but I think it would be really, really cool if they balanced ret and balanced other specs to be viable without changing anything else. Just tweaked some numbers, have abilities do a bit more damage.

This would breathe new life into Classic WoW since everybody wouldn't just be running the popular specs. We would approach raid bosses with new compositions, like Shadow Priests and Retadins, and experience them differently than we ever did before. Same content, fresh experience. And this wouldn't encroach on the core of why Vanilla is so appealing: The immersion, the effort it takes to accomplish tasks (and are therefore more rewarding), the social aspect that requires interacting with people on your server to overcome challenges. All it would do is open up new possibilities that we never got to experience.

At the very least, we could have "Classic remixed" alongside "Classic"

What do you think?
    Vanilla should be vanilla, warts and all. It was NOT balanced. It was NOT pretty. Some specs just weren't viable. No, I don't think anything about it should be changed. Keep the spell ranks, keep the resistance gear, keep all the other nitty gitty things that made vanilla frustrating but also interesting to play.

People will see it for what it is. Some may love it, others may get a rude awakening and hate it, and at least they can keep playing current WoW. Either way, it should be genuine.

NO.

Holy hell, stop trying to tamper with classic as it was.

Deleted
    Making QoL/balance changes will ruin vanilla.
    One consession will lead to another and suddenly it will be no way near vanilla.

What's the problem with specs being unbalanced? Millions of people still played the game. And Tens of thousands still play on private servers under those conditions. It really doesn't matter if everything is balanced. Every class has at least 1 useful spec.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So...'Yay!!! Vanilla' to...'Wellll...ya gotta <insert game change here>'...

Had to see this coming, and most likely why Blizzard has been against doing "Classic" for so long.

It's like everything else Blizzard does, it's never enough. I hope they roll out Vanilla as it was...server stability will obviously be better due to using 14 year newer hardware and software.