Poll: When you do you think vanilla going to be released?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Stupid question unless you have no idea we are less than 2 months away from 2018.

I think most people would agree that 2017 will never happen and there is "Other" option.
    still, leave 2017 as an option, embrace the meme, could announce it for xmas :P

also i think you dont know what /s means
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15 year WoW anniversary in 2019

Far too late to keep up with the hype train most likely. I've heard estimates of two + years which just about puts it out of mind. Unless the new expansion does something to help revitalize WoW, two + years of waiting on classic seems like a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    Late 2018? It really depends on how much they really want to revamp right? You can almost guarantee they're going to change questing. I remember my first run to level 60, I ran out of quests to do around mid 59 and had to kill mobs for hours until I dinged 60. The good news is that the game is technically done, and could theoretically be released tomorrow if they wanted a "pure" classic version. It's a lot of small things they're going to have to nit pick and re-design that will take months.
    They will NOT change questing. It is the CORE of Vanilla. It is the one thing I can almost guarantee will not change. It would not be vanilla if it did. It would be Cataclysm.

The complexity will be the skill system and balance they settle upon. That will be quite a complex decision.

WOW Classic should also ultimately include Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King, so the skill system might be some hybrid of the WotLK system from the ICC patch scaled for 60 and for pacing similar to Vanilla.

The world is a huge issue. Creating a flyable world that looks like classic WOW is a big project.

Seems to me there is a full expansions worth of work to do it right. I see it coming out maybe as late as mid 2019.