Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Anti-vanilla-ers

So it goes from "No one wants this" to "Blizz would never do this" to "People wont like it"

Every time they are proven wrong they just change their argument. Why do these people dislike vanilla so much?

15+ Year Old Account
    If have to say that most people were against pirated servers, when that whole debacle was going on. Some were against vanilla for one reason or another, but most were against the idea of stolen intellectual property.

Like I was/am.

Since Blizz is doing this themselves, more power to that group. Hopefully it lives up to the expectations and isn't just nostalgia whoring.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Some people can't accept that other people hold different opinions to them. You can see the childishness in the bitterness and salt coming from a small section of the WoW community

i'm in the category of, Don't like it ? dont play it. Simple as that, Blizzard already stated that they are going to have another dev team that is working on this so it doesn't take away from the main game. People that are complaining about Classic servers are just people that enjoy complaining, Like Serious get over it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    So it goes from "No one wants this" to "Blizz would never do this" to "People wont like it"
    Every time they are proven wrong they just change their argument. Why do these people dislike vanilla so much?
    Since you want to know why: Because Vanilla is outdated and they (including me) believe people are confusing nostalgia with what it really was like.
    We have *endless* amount of whining here and everywhere else whenever something is not tuned "just right" or is missing certain QoL features.

Vanilla is basically full of that. If you want "Vanilla", you'll have to live with that. But the majority of WoW players will most likely not be able to do just that. Source: Just read posts and comments on every WoW-related enviroment/discussion board you can think of.

That means you'll have to do quests that are worse and more repetitive than current quests, outdated quest design in general, to a certain degree - really clunky and awkward class design with lots of useless stuff build into it that random noise and doesn't add anything to the game. Really simplistic boss-mechanics by today's standards (I'm sorry, but that is just the truth and I won't consider this an "opinion" of mine, if someone wants to argue me on this I might as well argue with that person about how shit smells unpleasantly/doesn't smell at all) and so on and so forth.

If people are saying "but they can implement certain QoL to Vanilla now" - Well, then they don't want Vanilla either then, so what's the point?

I can't even imagine how these people will, all of a sudden, cope with the fact that you can't fly in Vanilla-WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-11-09 at 09:05 PM.

I'm for Vanilla, but not for the numerous amounts of changes people seem to want now that it was announced. They want a lot of modern day things in Vanilla, thus making it not Vanilla.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I was against private servers, and still am, since they are stealing and damaging Blizzard's IP. It also gives the wrong impression of older versions of the game.

I also said Blizz would never do this, not because I was opposed to the idea, just if you remember the "Wall of No", this honestly came out of left field for me, I am happy for all my friends who wanted this though, and I'll gladly play it.

I do believe that people as a whole will not enjoy it. Vanilla is old, outdated, grindy, tedious, and boring in many ways. Of course there are those who will love reliving the old days and play for a long time, but people who joined later in the game, or who prefer modernization and progression, probably won't like it. I am in that crowd, I will play it to relive the old days, grind up my paladin again, but it will never replace the real game for me.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

To answer your question, most likely cause they have played it lol

I'm not gonna bitch about it on the forums because I don't care what other people spend their time playing, but I dislike vanilla because it objectively plays like complete ass by and stretch of modern standards. If classic were to come out today exactly as it did 13 years ago, it would more than likely be universally considered a terrible game.

But hey, I'm glad the people that wanted them got them. I really am. Hope you guys enjoy it and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I was against private servers, and still am, since they are stealing and damaging Blizzard's IP. It also gives the wrong impression of older versions of the game.

I also said Blizz would never do this, not because I was opposed to the idea, just if you remember the "Wall of No", this honestly came out of left field for me, I am happy for all my friends who wanted this though, and I'll gladly play it.

I do believe that people as a whole will not enjoy it. Vanilla is old, outdated, grindy, tedious, and boring in many ways. Of course there are those who will love reliving the old days and play for a long time, but people who joined later in the game, or who prefer modernization and progression, probably won't like it. I am in that crowd, I will play it to relive the old days, grind up my paladin again, but it will never replace the real game for me.
    Couldn't have said it better myself... only thing for me is I may play it on the odd occasion for a trip down memory lane but that is about it.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Some people can't accept that other people hold different opinions to them. You can see the childishness in the bitterness and salt coming from a small section of the WoW community
    You can see that exact behaviour within the classic community aswell.

Currently I can see 3 Groups of people:
    1. The classic haters, which can no longer yell from high ground that it will never happen.
    2. The classic purists, which hope that it will basically a 1.12 private server build with no changes at all.
    3. The classic+ people, which try to think of a more timely version of classic with small to big changes.

After all one of these groupe will be happy 2 of them will not and thus we see this civil war like bahviour in which every group tries to be the loudest and actually most stupid of all.
    In the end only one of the groups will get what they want and the first one is now out of the fight and is just trying to create as much chaos as possible out of hate or disapointment that their opinion has not been heard.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm against people stealing intellectual property from blizzard and hosting servers to allow other people to steal intellectual property from Blizzard.

Also, I'd rather see the game move FORWARD, not backward.

That being said, if the classic server has the spirit of vanilla but also has some of the QoL features of the game today, then its certainly something I will probably check out. If its the same game when I opened the box 13 years ago, i'll probably play on it for a bit (a day or two), and then never play it again.

I don’t dislike it I’m just not the least bit interested in it, when the argument is “oh this is going to outperform current WoW content in terms of people playing” that’s where I go “lol, shut up”.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post

Pretty much took the words directly out of my mouth.

Deleted
    I honestly hope classic server will be a success, but genuinely believe that blizzard will cave in to those complaining some things are too hard
    no Heirlooms, hard access to mounts, smaller bags, having to carry mounts in bags etc
    if they want it to be truly classic, then it needs to be 100%, not partly classic, partly updated so people dont think its too hard

Deleted
    Don't like it don't play it.

I'll probably play it for a while and then go back to retail. I imagine most will. Good luck to those who stay and help keep the classic game running.

10+ Year Old Account

I guess some dislike it as much as others not posting in the right place?

If you are one of the changelings, then that is what I dislike. I never fought against the other things. You wanted vanilla, and you should have it so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I've read through (far too) many of these threads, and have yet to discover a single sensible argument from the anti-legacy crowd.

Your first mistake is assuming that any individual opinion, favorable or unfavorable, speaks from some unified position.

So it goes from "Give us Vanilla Servers" to "Give us Vanilla servers but add X, Y, and Z"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.