Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Honestly, if I was a night elf and saw half of my people burn on a tree in an attack that couldn't be stopped... I would think twice about planting another to live in it. Like, seriously now, the way I know night elves, they'll probably ban living in giant trees unless there's some clear protection from fire.
    In hindsight, they probably thought the water would do more to prevent them from catching on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    The Horde just gained two big cities

Nightfallen = Suramar
    Highmountian Tribe = Highmountian.
    When the Goblins joined the Horde, did they get Undermine?

Horde are not going to get Suramar or Thunder Totem anymore than Alliance are going to get Mac'Aree (LF Draenei and Void Elves) and BRD (Dark Iron).

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The NEs may well not plant a tree this time.

The only reason they created Teldrassil last time was that Fandral "Asshole" Staghelm believed that it would give the NEs back their lost immortality, and convinced some massive convention of Druids to work on growing it for years (like, 3 years or so). Despite the whole place looking kind of old, it's less than 4 years old (goddamn hipster elves probably using "vintage" everything!).

Fandral is dead, and it was kind of a bad idea anyway, as it more or less instantly got corrupted (and later uncorrupted - or so we thought), so when it burns, it's reasonably likely that without him and his dumb nonsense about regaining immortality, they may just settle somewhere sensible.

I don't expect them or any other displaced race to have a proper "city" of their own in BfA, certainly not in 8.0 or 8.1, though. I think that'll wait for later in the expansion or next expansion. Eldre'thalas has been suggested, as have other locations.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The Dark Iron capital is Shadowforge city.
    I expect that to be more like a Gnomeregan though where the place is there but they'll likely move in to Ironforge. Moira is already living in Ironforge. Plus, I don't think Blizz wants to revamp that place.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I feel as if changes to silvermoon/exodar may be patch material to progress the story of the conquests along. Add them to the azeroth server and make changes according to whatever happens to those two cities. They are both going to be attacked by their opposite faction.

This could lead to more races moving around.
    It would be cool if they were turned in to ports with strongholds and booty bay for example now takes you to Azuremyst and Ratchet now takes you to Quel'thalas because these are the only Alliance and Horde hubs in the enemy land. These places are now used to keep an eye on the enemy and they are the only way to get in to EK & Kalimdor safely. Obviously flightpaths and stuff would still be available once you got there but the only way you can get in to Kalimdor and EK now is to fly from your hub because in the middle of a war it doesn't make sense for places like Ratchet and Booty Bay to be neutral. You'd want to have your troops there waiting for the enemy at all times.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-10 at 12:58 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    The Horde just gained two big cities

Nightfallen = Suramar
    Highmountian Tribe = Highmountian.
    I wouldn't call Thunder Totem that big, Suramar is actually reallly big.
    Then the Lightforged and the Army of Light siding with the Alliance means we got the Vindicaar? That would be really neat

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

Horde are not going to get Suramar or Thunder Totem anymore than Alliance are going to get Mac'Aree (LF Draenei and Void Elves) and BRD (Dark Iron).
    Maybe not from a gameplay perspective -- I don't think anyone expects them to convert those locations into fully featured player cities -- but from a lore standpoint, they will. Assuming that the Allied Races aren't just small factions not fully representing those races.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Maybe not from a gameplay perspective -- I don't think anyone expects them to convert those locations into fully featured player cities -- but from a lore standpoint, they will. Assuming that the Allied Races aren't just small factions not fully representing those races.
    I don't know why you would make that assumption when everything points to it not being the case. Why on earth would the entirety of Suramar join the Horde?

It's not like Blizzard wants players to use racial capitals other than Orgrimmar and Stormwind anyway. They'll probably just have the displaced races and the allied races hang out in those 2 cities while neglecting the rest of the cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathed View Post
    Then the Lightforged and the Army of Light siding with the Alliance means we got the Vindicaar? That would be really neat
    The Vindicaar is actually a normal Draenei vessel they'd been building since the Exodar crashed so the Alliance already had that. The Lightforged had the Xenedar, which crashed. I don't really foresee any big settlements becoming strictly Horde/Alliance with the allied races. Or at least them not being depicted in-game as such.

Indeed, if the Forsaken build anything I hope they get new architecture instead of that cackling hallloween bullshit introduced in Wrath. It was cool for a time, then Gilneas entered the fray and showed buildings can be quirky without being unrealistic. There is no need to emphasize how freaking dead the Forsaken are. They are still people.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

You shouldn't consider the in game scale of things too much. Thunderbluff in tiny compared to how it should be in game and goldshire is 2 buildings when it should be a full city.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

You didn't apply any logic.

It's 100% completely different. The goblins joins the horde BECAUSE Undermine was destroyed. The Nightfallen and Highmountian tribe are joining BECAUSE we helped SAVE Suramar and Thundertotem. I'm not saying it will be shown in game but in the lore those area's would be horde controlled. they already confirmed that Thalyssra will be on the horde and she is the current leader of that city and people.

Its like how the Dark Iron will join the alliance but i can pretty much say with 100% confidence it wont make Shadowforge City friendly to the alliance in game.

Thunder Totem and Suramar won't be becoming actual cities either, for gameplay reasons mostly and probably also not for lore-reasons.

And gnomes don't have Gnomeregan.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-10 at 04:08 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't really see Mac'Aree as a home for Void Elves and LF Draenei because

1. It's far away. In game you can get there quick but in story time it's meant to be REALLY far away. Why would someone join the Alliance of Azeroth and not even live in Azeroth?
    2. The LF Draenei have now been reunited with Velen who has found a new home. It really doesn't make sense that they wouldn't join the rest of their people now that the fight on Argus is over.
    3. The place has far too much damage for anyone to want to live there if they don't have to and the place will probably still have a lot of remaining demons and void monsters even when the Legion finally is defeated.
    4. With Azuremyst so close to Kalimdor they probably need the reinforcements.
    5. Turalyon will probably be leading the LF Draenei and his home is in Azeroth. Also, yknow, he'll want to be with Alleria.
    6. Void Elves aren't from Mac'Aree. Alleria was the only one there and her home is in Azeroth. The Void Elves are Blood Elves that got kicked out of Silvermoon for using void magic. Also, yknow, Alleria will want to be with Turalyon.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-10 at 05:11 PM.

the Vindicaar itself its a really powerful weapon, and the alliance will have the netherlight crucible in it too and the option to explore other worlds, if u think about it Anduin and Velen are on it on that future comic.

I'm a bit surprised the alliance fanbois aren't crying that they have 3 homeless races versus the 1. The night elves can share with the Draenei, the void elves with the humans, and i think the Worgen are getting Gilneas back. I hope they don't do something stupid like give the night elves Suramar & the broken isles..

besides isn't the whole idea of the factions that the horde are the more menacing and powerful group and the alliance kinda just avoid defeat narrowly by lucky flukes.?

when we see allied races in the trailer they show us their capitals the void elves are in argus

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m of the mind that Nightelves should find some stone ruins to live in and build them back up rather than living in another highly flammable abode such as a tree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    The places we know:
    Orgrimmar = Orcs & Goblins
    Thunderbluff = Tauren
    Silvermoon = Blood Elves
    Echo Isles = Trolls
    Stormwind = Human (There is also a Dwarven district there)
    Ironforge = Dwarves & Gnomes (Gnomes also have Gnomeregan)
    Exodar = Draenei
    All of Pandaria = Pandaren

That leaves a lot of races homeless in BFA with Undercity and Darnassus gone. I can see Lightforged Draenei going to Exodar, Dark Iron Dwarves going to Ironforge, Highmountain Tauren obviously have Highmountain but also Thunderbluff, Nightborne have Suramar and Zandalari Trolls either staying in Zuldazar or going to the Echo Isles.

That still leaves 4 homeless races:
    -Night Elves
    -Worgen
    -Void Elves
    -Forsaken

Where should they go?
    Trolls homeless too since Vanilla. I mean there no capitol city for them.

I would like to see how some races exchanges with refuge status. Like NE - Worgens (give them Gilneas) and Forsaken - Goblins (give them Gatgetzan).

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping Rastakhan takes over as Troll Leader and makes their "Racial City", the Horde Capital for the expansion, a home for the Darkspear.

I'm hoping the Kul'Tirans slam their doors in the face of the Nelves and Worgen, who instead move into Gilneas as their new capital city.

I'm hoping the Forsaken rebuild Theramore as a Port-Town where they routinely raise ships from the bottom of the ocean, fix them up a bit, and send them out into battle.

And I hope Stormwind and Orgrimmar are both destroyed, leaving Orcs and Humans without a central "True Home" so that they can be the wanderers for a while. In that event we should make Gilneas the new Capital of the Alliance, and Theramore (Or whatever it gets renamed) the Horde Capital.

I still wonder about the Draenei. With Teldrassil officially the world's largest barbecue pit, and the rest of the continent under Horde control, they're in a pretty nasty position waaaaaaay out to sea where no one can come help them because Alliance sailors haven't discovered yet that you can sail east and the map will wrap around...