Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

With todays player knowledge, skill and tech, will raids and dungeons be roflstomped?

Players today have a ton of more experience, knowledge, skill, tech and awareness compared to players in 2004. Do you think the dungeons and raid will be piss easy now?
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Players today have a ton of more experience, knowledge, skill, tech and awareness compared to players in 2004. Do you think the dungeons and raid will be piss easy now?
    probably not, gear was a big factor in raiding back then so it'll take a long time before people are kitted enough to take on naxx

The level/gear grind will probably take a few months and then the raids will be piss easy. I guess people will just have to farm corrupted ashbringers and Atiesh for the rest of time.

All of that isn't what made the bosses difficult.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

I expect similar statistics, TBH.

A low percentage will actually raid. Less than 1% will see Naxx.

Calling this now. People don't realize you don't just log on, get epics, log out. Hahaha.

I think it will be harder for most people.

I feel like its harder than ever to get 40 people to coordinate and move in unison. Anyone remember the Huhuran fight? I haven’t done a boss fight that difficult in any expansion since then.

Vanilla raids are harder for other reasons than lack of knowledge back then. MC will be pretty easy this time around but gear is hard to get. Also back in retail pre-bis gear wasn’t a requirement to join raids like it is now so getting raid ready will take much longer.

Deleted
    I think vets forget how hard and unforgiving vanilla was, and those who never played simply have no clue.

I joined half way through vanilla and didn't unsub until Cata so I was pretty experienced and skilled. Re-rolled on Nost when it was still up and guess what? I died a shit ton just levelling. Doing SFK was a legitimate challenge and not a guaranteed clear, and that was when the group was full of old WoW players.

Don't underestimate how difficult it was, and not due to the myth everyone was drooling noobs back then.

The mechanics weren't hard don't kid yourselves, it was tedious to gear up and have 40 raiders.

Knowing what to do and actually executing it are entirely different. It's no different than today. Your raids are more than likely not strats you made up. So where did you get them Fatboss? You even know the strat and how many wipes on progression bosses? I'm seeing a bunch of bullshit from a lot posters salty about Vanilla and just want to stir the pot. The OP is right there with the best of them.

When yo counter things like threat and other abilities then no it wont be a roflstomp

Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post
    The mechanics weren't hard don't kid yourselves, it was tedious to gear up and have 40 raiders.
    I cleared BWL with 25 people in BWL gear. No, you didn't need 40 people, you took 40 people because you could. Gear wasn't tedious at all, if you found Vanilla tedious it's because you didn't have a focused group of decent players.

I don't know if you raided in vanilla, but we knew exactly what to do most of the time lol. The problem was that everything was so unforgiving that one mistake was easily a raid wipe. Raids now seem to allow more than one mistake on most things. That's not to say that all fights in vanilla were unforgiving. Some were just gear checks and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Raids now seem to allow more than one mistake on most things.
    tell that to KJ or avatar lol.

there's probably like 3 things going on every 10 seconds that could cause a raidwipe

there isnt a single hard to execute mechanic in the entirety of MC and BWL

if you got the proper strat and gear almost every vanilla fight is easy.

because once you got the proper strat, it was easy to execute.

shoot this, stand out of that, dispel this.

basically that's the entirety of MC and BWL

AQ and naxx had some harder fights, like Cthun, ouro, loatheb, and 4 horsemen, but it's still nothing compared to what it is now.

if any of the top 10-20 caliber guilds will fuck around in vanilla they'Ll clear MC and BWL on the day it's released. AQ and naxx might hold them back due to insane gearchecks, but nothing else
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-10 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    tell that to KJ or avatar lol.

there's probably like 3 things going on every 10 seconds that could cause a raidwipe
    Most things. MOST *Most* Most Moist without an I.

Get it?

I don't know if you raided in vanilla, but we knew exactly what to do most of the time lol. The problem was that everything was so unforgiving that one mistake was easily a raid wipe. Raids now seem to allow more than one mistake on most things. That's not to say that all fights in vanilla were unforgiving. Some were just gear checks and nothing more.
    Riiight because there weren't worse players in Vanilla that were keyboard turners, didn't know how to spec, mostly afk/auto attacking, getting dc'ed. The more people you added in Vanilla the more problems like that cropped up. Fast Forward to today and people are you know...just a bit better at the game. Sure dc's happen but you won't have auto attacking afkers for the most part and if you DO you'll know it with meters and can remove them.

I want to see how your tanks get punched around if they go into endboss of mc and don't have the full resistance gear... i n some tries i was thrown so high in the air that my dead body couldnt be rezzed. Or Vaelastraz, this guy hit 4 k on 6 k tanks. But his fire dmg is even worse

Most things. MOST *Most* Most Moist without an I.

Get it?
    I cant think of a single mythic boss that allows more mistakes than vanilla bosses. add to that that generally classes are waaay more complex now.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-10 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I cant think of a single mythic boss that allows more mistakes than vanilla bosses.
    Keep trying, you'll think of them.

Basically though, regardless of the arbitrary details of what made vanilla raids difficult, they were just that... difficult.

Everything beyond BWL is a true challenge that most retailers have yet to experience. Even BWL can be tricky to progress through. Its a longer progression curve and it will take time to gear up and move forward.

Its far from impossible but I wouldn’t assume it to be a cakewalk just because we already know about the content and strategies.

Yeah. But truth be told if you roll on classic to be a "serious progression raider" you likely aren't going to get what you are looking for. For one some of the biggest challenges are having 40 people and than having 40 people geared enough (and yea, they pretty much have to get geared out though raids at a certain point, 2-3 loots a boss kill). Most of the challenge was gear checks and in some cases resist checks which grew slowly. You couldn't just be "raid ready" in the first couple days after hitting max level. Then getting to max level wasn't just a weekend with red bull and your favorite bag of chips. Don't get me wrong some encounters were good. But end of the day anyone who is anyone can learn just about anything from all of them already. Right now.

If you are are going to raid on the classic server it is going to be because you WANT to raid on the classic server. I don't think to many people are going to be comparing dicks on it. Best you can land in some of these encounters is like world 22546 and 12+ years late.