Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Who will be the real enemy in BFA?

Blizzard likes to keep with its redundant cycle of we fight each other but then a bigger threat comes and we have to work together to defeat it.

we are about to enter the fight each other stage.

but WHO or WHAT or WHEN will be the bigger threat that appears and makes horde and alliance work together ?

(unsubbed since wotlk, was aware of repeated cycle long before most)

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Took you that long to notice?

Sea priest design on Kul tiras looks like old god servants. Plus naga are attacking. On the Zandalar side of things we have blood trolls worshipping G'huun who is in Uldirr - a titan facility for researching about old gods.

It's kinda obvious where this is going. N'zoth's time has come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uldir is pretty much yet another Old God piece and same with Azshara teased at Blizzcon. It seems like the expansion is a first part of the whole Void Lords arc, so likely Nzoth will be the link here.

Deleted
    I think the best solution would be to figure out the problems between the factions during the first Tier of the addon while there is a continent related raid.
    After that as mid tier is Azshara, and after we defeat Azshara Nzoth will be the expansions final boss leading towards the void in the next one.

My concerns are that Blizzard said that we will fight Azshara before the expansions ends and this is a very vague statement which can be interpreted in both ways. So Azshara could also be the final boss.

I'm afraid the second scenario is more possible because I think that Blizzard won't waste 2 big names (which many people are waiting for quite some time) directly after another in the same expansion..

Quote Originally Posted by kirby9113 View Post
    I think the best solution would be to figure out the problems between the factions during the first Tier of the addon while there is a continent related raid.
    After that as mid tier is Azshara, and after we defeat Azshara Nzoth will be the expansions final boss leading towards the void in the next one.

My concerns are that Blizzard said that we will fight Azshara before the expansions ends and this is a very vague statement which can be interpreted in both ways. So Azshara could also be the final boss.

I'm afraid the second scenario is more possible because I think that Blizzard won't waste 2 big names (which many people are waiting for quite some time) directly after another in the same expansion..
    N'zoth and Azshara are so intertwined it would be weird to deal with one and not the other.

Deleted
    Im imagining Nzoth and Azshara to be a joint effort one controlling the other maybe, unless Nzoth turns into Guldan and leads off into the next expansion and we eventually face him there maybe.

Far too early to see what direction there going to go in yet i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Blizzard likes to keep with its redundant cycle of we fight each other but then a bigger threat comes and we have to work together to defeat it.

we are about to enter the fight each other stage.

but WHO or WHAT or WHEN will be the bigger threat that appears and makes horde and alliance work together ?

This was only the case in MoP and WoD really. In Legion for example, the main focus was indeed the Burning Legion (people were saying here it'll be Nzoth and Azshara). Same as Cata (people were saying here it'll be Azshara), Wotlk and TBC (people were saying here it'll be Azshara also btw).
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-11 at 02:42 PM.

I feel like this expansion is going to be the last one set in Azeroth. We are going to visit Kul Tiras and Zandalar soon, and if Azshara is 2nd Tier then Nazjatar as patch content is also very likely.

There aren't really much left to traverse other than some other islands, Undermine and rest of Azjol'Nerub. And those places don't really hold enough plot relevance to be expansion content.

So it makes sense to deal with the last big bad left in the planet before we go interstellar against void lords.

Which comes to my bet.... it's probably going to be N'Zoth.
    Last edited by My User Name; 2017-11-11 at 02:48 PM.

N'zoth and his second in command: Sylvanas Windrunner.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    First an azshara content patch.

(Legion added a ton of underwater mounts)

(Potential naga allied race, imagination)

Then old god content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    I feel like this expansion is going to be the last one set in Azeroth. We are going to visit Kul Tiras and Zandalar soon, and if Azshara is Tier 2 then Nazjatar as patch content is also very likely.

There aren't really much left to traverse other than some other islands, Undermine and rest of Azjol'Nerub. And those places don't really hold enough plot relevance to be expansion content.

So it makes sense to deal with the last big bad left in the planet before we go interstellar against void lords.

There's still Bolvar who might get more corrupt. The frost dk artifact chain quests points to him starting to be corrupted but since he sees the legion as a more important threat we aren't in his "sight" as of yet. So I think a futur scourge expansion can happen and will probably happen.

For BfA I hope we get both Azshara and N'Zoth. Would be awesome in my opinion!

Nathanos could be a Katrana Prestor-esque "whisperer" to Sylvanas, a theory alluded to in one of the pre-Blizzcon leaks. Instead of being a black dragon, he's the Grima Wormtongue of N'zoth. Ultimately, I can't see any entity but N'zoth being the real enemy, unless they have a huge curveball waiting to be pitched at us.

The dev team.

- - - Updated - - -

Also just because people think we will just fight during the first partial tier or maybe the first 2 partial tiers: I'd like to remind everyone that they are currently wasting their time on creating a PvE pseudo version of PvP to bring their grand design to the 40-60% of the people that don't give a shit about PvP, hyping it up by claiming they are creating some more advanced "AI" and selling it as a major feature. Not enough with that they plan to have these throughout all of the world to sell the conflict. Now, do you guys honestly think that we will actually band together to deal with the enemy, invalidating that major feature after 4-5 months? If anything I see this going down the route of classic/tbc style raiding where there is no canon or only one canon faction that clearned the raid. Since we have seperate hubs there will be no need to formally band together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Uldir is pretty much yet another Old God piece and same with Azshara teased at Blizzcon. It seems like the expansion is a first part of the whole Void Lords arc, so likely Nzoth will be the link here.
    The Void Lords: You thought Sargeras was bad? OHOHOHOHO, he's like a 5 year old toward us TRUE Gods.

Me: ....k?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Voidlord Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    I feel like this expansion is going to be the last one set in Azeroth. We are going to visit Kul Tiras and Zandalar soon, and if Azshara is 2nd Tier then Nazjatar as patch content is also very likely.

Lol I'm sure this isn't the last x-pack on azeroth. A lot of players have said they don't really like visiting other planets as it becomes more like Starcraft. I'm sure they'll just pull another continent out of their ass like they did with Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Lol I'm sure this isn't the last x-pack on azeroth. A lot of players have said they don't really like visiting other planets as it becomes more like Starcraft. I'm sure they'll just pull another continent out of their ass like they did with Pandaria
    I think it's more the means of getting there. Space ships and all that. If we were just to open another dark portal and go to other planets because we - let's say - run out resources here, then that would work better for them than piloting a fricking space ship with laser cannons while we end up whacking stuff to death with the not-so-pointy sticks (what blizzard thinks counts as an edge) of WoW. There are plenty of ways to pull up new locations without having to result to world of starcraft.

We are also the ones that ended the burning legion, there is a considerable chance that other inteligent life now tries to seek us out in search of aid against the void or what ever rubbish they come up with. Or they just keep the focus on the faction crap in the future and we will see more shifting faction constellations (leaders, notable NPCs) in the future. Not sure even blizzard themselves know where they will go after BfA.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-11 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The dev team.

- - - Updated - - -

Also just because people think we will just fight during the first partial tier or maybe the first 2 partial tiers: I'd like to remind everyone that they are currently wasting their time on creating a PvE pseudo version of PvP to bring their grand design to the 40-60% of the people that don't give a shit about PvP, hyping it up by claiming they are creating some more advanced "AI" and selling it as a major feature. Not enough with that they plan to have these throughout all of the world to sell the conflict. Now, do you guys honestly think that we will actually band together to deal with the enemy, invalidating that major feature after 4-5 months? If anything I see this going down the route of classic/tbc style raiding where there is no canon or only one canon faction that clearned the raid. Since we have seperate hubs there will be no need to formally band together.
    "Wasting their time"

Just like they wasted their time with World quests, level scaling, and invasions.

Everything carries over and the pve version can easily be re-skinned into fighting off an army of void-creatures in later expansions
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I'm pretty sure those "becoming too much like Starcraft" complaints are directed towards the running "space war" theme in Legion. I haven't really seen people complaining about it when we visited Outland/Draenor. Because... Let's be honest, the planet traveling thing isn't something new. It has been there since the first RTS game. You know. Orcs came from their homeplanet to conquer Azeroth yadda yadda. Not even mentioning Beyond the Dark Portal expansion pack for Warcraft II.

About pulling continents from their ass.... I guess that is likely to happen. But it fucks the lore a bit too much. Pandaria at least had the "shrouded in mists" explanation to why its existence hadn't been known for years. The unsunk part of the Broken Isles, ehh..... okay - that was totally random. But at least Chronicle cleared that up later by introducing new and retconned lore (which isn't something I agree with).

I don't think the creative department will come clashing against lore again, especially after Chronicle already set everything in stone.