I am juggling 13x 110s in wow and playing Magic, I also have a continuously growing unplayed steam list.
    Although it might be fun, if I were to expand anywhere it would be either Nintendo switch, my steam library or buy a freaking console since they refuse to release nhl games for PC.
    All other time is spent studying, meetings or cooking.

Sorry, will have to pass on path of exile
    Wtb cloning device.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I am juggling 13x 110s in wow and playing Magic, I also have a continuously growing unplayed steam list.
    Although it might be fun, if I were to expand anywhere it would be either Nintendo switch, my steam library or buy a freaking console since they refuse to release nhl games for PC.
    All other time is spent studying, meetings or cooking.

Sorry, will have to pass on path of exile
    Wtb cloning device.
    Path of Exile is free to play, btw. Always has been, it's funded by microtransactions that are purely stash tabs and cosmetics.

In case you were wondering. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    More people should play Path of Exile.
    I actually tried the game a while back, but I never did get too far in, and I can't quite recall why. Actually, one thing I didn't like was that (or so it seemed to me as a newbie / how I remember it) all your abilities were based off items. So, if you wanted to play with a certain ability, you were SoL until the RNG gods gave you the item you wanted.

You could buy items, but that also seemed to be weird because there was no currency like gold, but you bartered other items.

The progression path and how item builds worked was very mechanically interesting to me, though.

Completely unrelated, but since seeing this video about their multi-threaded implementation, I always wanted to implement similar profiling capability at work. Still haven't had the opportunity to.

I am juggling 13x 110s
    Bloody hell man, how do you do it? I only ever had one main (Paladin, all the way from Vanilla), and at points that was more than enough to keep me busy. Only game I ever seriously got into alts with was City of Heroes (RIP ).

- - - Updated - - -

Wtb cloning device.
    But that wouldn't help - then those experiences would be in the "other" you - you you would still be without.

Clones would be much better for stuff you don't want to do... until they rebel, of course!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    I actually tried the game a while back, but I never did get too far in, and I can't quite recall why. Actually, one thing I didn't like was that (or so it seemed to me as a newbie / how I remember it) all your abilities were based off items. So, if you wanted to play with a certain ability, you were SoL until the RNG gods gave you the item you wanted.

You could buy items, but that also seemed to be weird because there was no currency like gold, but you bartered other items.

The progression path and how item builds worked was very mechanically interesting to me, though.

Completely unrelated, but since seeing this video about their multi-threaded implementation, I always wanted to implement similar profiling capability at work. Still haven't had the opportunity to.

Bloody hell man, how do you do it? I only ever had one main (Paladin, all the way from Vanilla), and at points that was more than enough to keep me busy. Only game I ever seriously got into alts with was City of Heroes (RIP ).

- - - Updated - - -

But that wouldn't help - then those experiences would be in the "other" you - you you would still be without.

Clones would be much better for stuff you don't want to do... until they rebel, of course!
    I will say, the ability gems drop pretty damn quickly in the beginning. And you'll get the bartering currency rather quickly, too.
    "A flower.

But they are so purrdy! Incidentally, Paladin is the only one I have two of. I think I need to start focusing on only 3-5 characters soon - but I have such a difficulty choosing; most classes are fun in at least one aspect of the game, and PVP is (of course) the most fun aspect of them all.

Nah, they'd operate under my ultimate hive-mind of course. Drones and clones.

I don't want to do? Like.. Path of Exile! Or school work (since the level is quite beneath me, tbqh, I just lack the discipline to put in the work hours necessary when it's so easy).

10+ Year Old Account
    mmo-champion Premium..... hmmmmmmmm
    "A flower.

You did it.

I personally can't even afford looking at the button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.

It's just under an hour's worth of work for me (@evn is going to choke and cough on his drink or food reading this) and given how much I use this site, how much I've loved it over the years, I was very happy to do so after some consideration and it was a really nice feeling being able to turn off the adblocking plugin for this site. It really was.

Also, the hatred and flak the site/admins are getting in the suggestions/feedback subforum kinda fueled my fire. :P
    "A flower.

I will say, the ability gems drop pretty damn quickly in the beginning. And you'll get the bartering currency rather quickly, too.
    I may go back to it at some point, but, like tetrisGOAT, I have a(n un)healthy Steam backlog that I've been working through, first.

But they are so purrdy! Incidentally, Paladin is the only one I have two of. I think I need to start focusing on only 3-5 characters soon - but I have such a difficulty choosing; most classes are fun in at least one aspect of the game, and PVP is (of course) the most fun aspect of them all.
    Ahh, you enjoy a wider content set than me. I used to participate in PvP in Vanilla, and as bad as it was, I liked the strategic element of it. After a certain point, though, I just couldn't keep up with the diversity of specs and the pace of combat. Just too much for me to keep track of and react to quickly.

Why two Paladin, btw? Different factions / servers?

Nah, they'd operate under my ultimate hive-mind of course. Drones and clones.

I don't want to do? Like.. Path of Exile! Or school work (since the level is quite beneath me, tbqh, I just lack the discipline to put in the work hours necessary when it's so easy).
    Spawn more overlords!

Also, the hatred and flak the site/admins are getting in the suggestions/feedback subforum kinda fueled my fire. :P
    I don't understand the hate. It's not like they're paywalling the entire site, just offering an alternative to the (imo) excessive ads and some cosmetics.

On the other hand, having the signup page have unsecure elements is not okay. (I don't know specifically what parts, just that Firefox has a warning about it. Not as bad as the regular sign in page, though.) Recurring only is also pretty crappy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may go back to it at some point, but, like tetrisGOAT, I have a(n un)healthy Steam backlog that I've been working through, first.

Ahh, you enjoy a wider content set than me. I used to participate in PvP in Vanilla, and as bad as it was, I liked the strategic element of it. After a certain point, though, I just couldn't keep up with the diversity of specs and the pace of combat. Just too much for me to keep track of and react to quickly.

Spawn more overlords!

I don't understand the hate. It's not like they're paywalling the entire site, just offering an alternative to the (imo) excessive ads and some cosmetics.

On the other hand, having the signup page have unsecure elements is not okay. (I don't know specifically what parts, just that Firefox has a warning about it. Not as bad as the regular sign in page, though.) Recurring only is also pretty crappy.
    Some cosmetics.

A dumb-looking green bar. :P

Also, a mod mentioned you can cancel the recurring sub and it will just go for a year.
    "A flower.

That is one of the many reasons I am against charity. It is usually.. Shady.
    I am all for taxation though.

Recurring costs are the worst. There is a Swedish video site that is like, sports and series/movies combined and not only can you not opt out of recurring payments, there is no way to cancel it except by phone; if you mail them, they will usually wait until the next payment to respond and act.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably the other way around, in fact; since I was waiting for RL friedns to start doing our thing and then them bailing after five m+ because "the tempo was too hard and unforgiving" (pre-first round changes to m+ difficulty at that), I have not really had a chance to do any PVE outside of LFR this expansion. Which is... Sad. But alas.
    Another RL friend just recently invited me to join their m+ group so here's hoping.

That's right on both accounts! (albeit only one actual account) (And yes, my Horde Paladin's name is the best)

Spawn more overlords!
    Working on it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    On curse premium: I think it's reasonable that we disagree about whether or not there's any value here worth paying for. You might like television drama and see HBO as a worthwhile purchase, I might like sports and see NFL channels as worthwhile. Likewise, when you value <x years of website y> in terms of <how many hours of work did this cost me>, $10 isn't that much by any measure. Even if I earned 100x more money than you do, and we were only talking about a few seconds worth of my time, all that changes in the calculus is magnitude of our disagreement about how much value there is.

To be honest, I came really close to ordering last night - right up until the 'recurring by default' checkbox at the end of the form. I thought it would be funny to go troll 'the proletariat' in /general or something. Nothing pisses people off quite like wasting $10 on a bit of flare or $300 on a more costly cell from 'the other brand' does and it was going to amuse drunken me at the bar waiting to do code-reviews for a friend.

I got burned by a charity taking several thousand dollars over the course of a year instead of a single donation that I had said I wanted to make, and since then I avoid taking on recurring payments. When I looked a bit deeper I started to revisit my skepticism about how much I trust this website to get things right. When you read comments from the administration I see the phrasing that I'd expect from someone who either doesn't really understand how to write secure software, has a callous contempt for the users, or just doesn't care.

For example, while it's true that SSL is enabled for part of the transaction, it seems to be provided by cloudflare. Given their hostility towards setting up a reasonable SSL configuration (blamed on mixed-content warnings), I'd be willing to put a beer on the fact their using the 'flexible SSL' configuration. That configuration has two major flaws: 1. by definition there is a persistent on-going 'man in the middle' attack for all traffic (as is the case whenever you hand your SSL certificate to a CDN and let them cache endpoints)
    2. The flexible SSL is designed to strip SSL from connections at the 'mid way' point: the take traffic from your notebook, through starbucks, and on to cloudflare's server encrypted, but then its tossed back on the internet in plain text cloudflare, through the rest of the internet to the orgin.

I'm not sure exactly how to detect this, but I suspect there may be some x_foo HTTP header that leaks this information. I don't know if the setup is actually used by mmo-c, but it's one of those things where the admin's attitude would make me bet that they think this is a reasonable arrangement. Add in their other flaws and it just seems like a bad idea. It's one thing for a "trustworthy" company like say reddit or google to ask for information. It's another thing for a company that routinely has advertising that attempts to serve malware, take over the browser, and generally behaves like shit to do this same.

If I cared more I'd try to figure out if MMOC is proxing the data on to braintree (which leave the option to leak information even if you don't intend to capture it) or not but by the time I'd made it this far I just didn't care any more.

To each their own.
    As I understand it from seeing what @chaud said to people in the feedback threads about it - where you make the purchase is https secured and then also it's all done through braintree.

I'll admit I have no idea who that is.

Also, a mod mentioned to someone you can go in and turn off the automated recurring payments.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything not in that white box basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Anything not in that white box basically.
    That's what I thought, but honestly that's not good enough for me. I won't beat this drum after this, but just logging in I get the following message on both the username and password fields:

"This connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised."

That is one reason I post here infrequently. Even though I believe that the site developers/maintainers don't have malicious intent, it doesn't give me enough confidence to enter a payment method. Sorry.

Recurring costs are the worst. There is a Swedish video site that is like, sports and series/movies combined and not only can you not opt out of recurring payments, there is no way to cancel it except by phone; if you mail them, they will usually wait until the next payment to respond and act.
    Geeze, I wouldn't want anything to do with a company like that!

TProbably the other way around, in fact; since I was waiting for RL friedns to start doing our thing and then them bailing after five m+ because "the tempo was too hard and unforgiving" (pre-first round changes to m+ difficulty at that), I have not really had a chance to do any PVE outside of LFR this expansion. Which is... Sad. But alas.
    Another RL friend just recently invited me to join their m+ group so here's hoping.
    If Legion had come out while I was still casual / had a large group of friends to play with, then I probably would've enjoyed it a lot. There are a lot of features that I wanted back before 10 man raiding was a thing. As it was, in a raiding guild, it just burned me out.

There are still times I think about going back - the most compelling reason is really for the time limited rewards that won't be obtainable after Legion is over. (The challenge weapon skin is one, and I thought there was something else, but I can't recall).

That's right on both accounts! (albeit only one actual account) (And yes, my Horde Paladin's name is the best)
    Nice! I've tried to play on the other side, but it never lasted beyond the 20s or 30s. Having to start from scratch without any higher level assistance is rough. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    @Alindra there is going to be a heroic Sargeras quest-mount like the Grove Warden from Archi last expansion that will go away leading up to BfA.
    "A flower.

Geeze, I wouldn't want anything to do with a company like that!
    Me either, but they have exclusive rights to the SHL in moving pictures, so... My alternative is FM Radio, I guess?

If Legion had come out while I was still casual / had a large group of friends to play with, then I probably would've enjoyed it a lot. There are a lot of features that I wanted back before 10 man raiding was a thing. As it was, in a raiding guild, it just burned me out.

There are still times I think about going back - the most compelling reason is really for the time limited rewards that won't be obtainable after Legion is over. (The challenge weapon skin is one, and I thought there was something else, but I can't recall).

Nice! I've tried to play on the other side, but it never lasted beyond the 20s or 30s. Having to start from scratch without any higher level assistance is rough. :P
    I want more euros to play with! I tried competetive raiding in TBC, start of T6 toward Ulduar. But I was on a highly competetive server to begin with, so chasing realm firsts vs a guild that was chasing world firsts was... not happening.
    In fact, I do everything balls to the walls and then burn out.
    In vanilla, I reached rank 14, 9, 8, 5. (Two of them were warlocks! :P)
    In TBC I enjoyed progression raiding until gearscore became a thing. And when the casuals (ie, non world 100s) started thinking simming and spreadsheets were mandatory and main stream, I lost my will altogether with PvE. I liked doing that when it was a niche and hung out in EJ in Vanilla. I am extremely Wow-hipster.
    In TBC pvp, I enjoyed arena a lot and was always one patch cycle ahead with specs because I didn't want to play mainstream. (I was a one-class person in TBC, Rogue) When everyone else played 41/3/17, I was doing 41/20/0 - when they came to that, I played AR/prep. When the rest of the players caught on, I moved to Shadowstep. Et c. I reached a 23-1 score in 2s and then we just stopped because raiding. 5 rating shy on gladiator.
    I got Glad in WLK, but then I lost interest in pursuing arena and started just doing 5mans and BGs.
    In Cata, I started RBGs and did a lot, then guild drama and I stopped with that and went on to terrorizing MMOC-forums instead.

And now I have no identity with wow. Need more euros.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    went on to terrorizing MMOC-forums instead.
    Who here could forget that? :P <3

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck streaming.
    "A flower.

Me either, but they have exclusive rights to the SHL in moving pictures, so... My alternative is FM Radio, I guess?
    Go retro or go home. :P

To be fair, that's like me using Comcast for my ISP. For the longest time I had DSL just because fuck Comcast. However, after dealing with 5.5 mbs down for a decade (WoW patches before raids were fun), they were going to charge me a fee to pay via credit card. I was already overpaying for the speed I was getting, I wasn't about to pay a cent more because of that bullshit.

Comcast is a scumbag, but at least their speeds are good.

I want more euros to play with! I tried competetive raiding in TBC, start of T6 toward Ulduar. But I was on a highly competetive server to begin with, so chasing realm firsts vs a guild that was chasing world firsts was... not happening.
    In fact, I do everything balls to the walls and then burn out.
    In vanilla, I reached rank 14, 9, 8, 5. (Two of them were warlocks! :P)
    In TBC I enjoyed progression raiding until gearscore became a thing. And when the casuals (ie, non world 100s) started thinking simming and spreadsheets were mandatory and main stream, I lost my will altogether with PvE. I liked doing that when it was a niche and hung out in EJ in Vanilla. I am extremely Wow-hipster.
    In TBC pvp, I enjoyed arena a lot and was always one patch cycle ahead with specs because I didn't want to play mainstream. (I was a one-class person in TBC, Rogue) When everyone else played 41/3/17, I was doing 41/20/0 - when they came to that, I played AR/prep. When the rest of the players caught on, I moved to Shadowstep. Et c. I reached a 23-1 score in 2s and then we just stopped because raiding. 5 rating shy on gladiator.
    I got Glad in WLK, but then I lost interest in pursuing arena and started just doing 5mans and BGs.
    In Cata, I started RBGs and did a lot, then guild drama and I stopped with that and went on to terrorizing MMOC-forums instead.

And now I have no identity with wow. Need more euros.
    WoW-hipster, hah!

When I started raiding seriously (Wrath) I would do my research and do my level best not to be a hindrance to the team, but I minimized my time in content I didn't enjoy as much as possible - to zero if possible. That's another thing that just killed Legion for me - consumable prices. Optimizing making gold was never fun for me (playing the AH, etc), so I was never rich, but I wasn't poor. I made enough to cover expenses, but I wasn't buying 100k / gold cap items off the Black Market (was that the name?). Before I quit, I was blowing 40k per week on consumables, which was well about my income, so I was going to go bankrupt in weeks/months. It wasn't sustainable.

As for lack of identity, at different stages in my WoW time, I identified with a wide array of groups (casual, PvP, raider, small guild, etc). Going back after my guild (and from the sounds of it, server) collapsed? Man, I don't know what would be really left. I've never server transferred and I've only ever been in two guilds ever...

Also, can't help you on the euro front. I'm pretty far from that geographically - West Coast US.

@Alindra there is going to be a heroic Sargeras quest-mount like the Grove Warden from Archi last expansion that will go away leading up to BfA.
    Ahh, that's right. Thanks for the reminder.

I got carried through the MoP challenge modes for my class set, but I never did the same in Cata for the weapons. I regret it, but I never really got into the challenge mode scene.

Fuck streaming.
    I can think of a number of reasons why you might be venting at streaming (performance issues, dropped frames, crashes, streaming website issues, toxic viewer chat, etc). Anything in particular cause for your ire?

15+ Year Old Account
    So I found a reason to finally use Edge, Firefox/Chrome does not stream Netflix in 1080p.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I can think of a number of reasons why you might be venting at streaming (performance issues, dropped frames, crashes, streaming website issues, toxic viewer chat, etc). Anything in particular cause for your ire?
    None of those.

I tried streaming some of the 10 day race in Path of Exile that is currently taking place, last night, and I did so with OBS, right?

I was live and was streaming and shit, no viewers, don't care, used to that with youtube lulululululz.

Anyways... The game footage never went away from the character select screen, however my webcam was current, game sound and my mic sound were current.

Like whaaaaaaaaaaaaat the fuck?
    "A flower.