Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Mained a holy priest in vanilla, got kicked off the raid team because I couldn't get attuned. couldn't afford to constantly swap specs, because I had to go back to healing most nights. I'm all for Vanilla, I'd love to play it, the solo difficulty was insane. If Blizzard and everyone else in the already toxic community wants me to heal them in a raid, but spending 10x longer than them preparing for it via farming and attunements, then frankly, get fucked.

I'm of the opinion that you can keep the gameplay exactly the same, but improve the QoL for many people at the same time. Allowing a priest to swap to shadow for grinding mobs, without penalising them to the point of bankruptcy. I agree, dual spec / freely changing spec is not the answer, but 120g a day to switch to shadow and back isn't the answer either. You should atleast be able to swap for free at a class trainer, so that atleast some effort is required, but it doesn't just simply cost you double the time or excessive amounts of gold as a healer. Happy healers means more healers, means your guilds less likely to crumble the second they start Naxx.

I'm 50/50 on legacy, I'd play it in my downtime regardless, but I'd only play seriously if the QoL is there. I'm not a kid anymore, I work 50+ hours a week, have a child of my own, a house to keep. I can't be spending 10 hours a day grinding just to be able to do the part of the game I like. If it's as time restrictive as before, I won't be raiding, if I'm not raiding, it's a matter of time before I stop playing. This is the very reason player retention is so terrible on Vanilla servers, and why it will be catastrophic on the official ones. It needs to keep the gameplay but loose the bullshit if it's gonna last long if it goes all in 100% vanilla, it will be dead within a year, just like all the private servers before it.
    You must've been doing something really wrong in that case. My first char was a prot warrior which I regularly respecced to arms for pvp and I never had problems paying for the respecs, even when it was capped. The 2nd char I made was a holy priest, which again I had zero problems farming with, I didn't respec as often as I did with my warrior and instead I had friends that I farmed with.

There already is a version of wow with multiple spec features, it's called Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAlaska View Post
    Little do they know original Victory Rush wasn't all that useful.
    How much did the original version heal? 10%? 20%? Also had a fixed cd of like 20 seconds.

Still, was a huge boon to levelling a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    And those people would be idiots. To raid you only played resto. There was no viable off-spec until the BC patch dropped.
    While i won't argue that the only raiding spec for hybrids was healing, i'd argue that out of all the hybrid specs (Feral, Balance, Elemental, Shadow, etc.) Enhance was the closest to being viable.

First off, as Melee "going oom" was not that a massive problem then it was for Elemental, Balance or Shadow, your damage suffered but you still could do some sort of damage.

Next to that, there was an actual upside to bringing Enhance, first off it's improved Melee Totems and it could wield Nightfall, which was a decent boost for your caster dps.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Mained a holy priest in vanilla, got kicked off the raid team because I couldn't get attuned.
    Which raid? MC, BWL attunement was running BRD / UBRS, any person who wants to raid would've ran those places multiple times at least.

Naxx was like, turn in some materials, not cheap if you didn't have any Argent dawn rep, but if your guild really needed you in Naxx, they would've covered it for you.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_...el_-_Naxxramas

Any guild that wants to raid Naxx has at least those Nexus Crystals.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-11-11 at 09:19 PM.

Deleted
    I thought you guys wanted to play vanilla like it was back in the day? Wasn't that the whole "movement"?
    And now that Blizzard actually listened and announced it... you want some weird spec changes?

C'mon guys..

I would be good with capping the cost of respecs to 10G for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    How much did the original version heal? 10%? 20%? Also had a fixed cd of like 20 seconds.
    Originally it didn't heal. It was simply a single use instant attack you could use after getting a killing blow on a mob.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Why exactly? A big part of vanilla was commiting to a spec, not a class. You weren't just a paladin, you were a holy paladin or a retribution paladin. Changing should be costly and not an easy decision.
    No you weren't. One person in your raid was an Spriest/RPala for debuffs/buffs. Everyone else was forced into another spec. Great gameplay, yo.

I can already see it.
    ''Why can the hybrids specc in and out of pvp specc for cheap, while single role classes cannot?''

I'm fine with playing on certain private servers making quality of life changes regarding talent reset. I'm not fine with Blizzard doing it, as any sign of Blizzard intentionally giving in to demands will only cause more trouble down the road.

Also, if you think cheaper talent reset only has upsides, and no downsides, you're wrong. It's not a great deal of fun being forced to respecc your talents every time you want to travel about the world to farm or whatnot. Because when talents are extremely cheap to change, everyone will be doing it prior to going into situations where world pvp may occur. Resulting in every single player you meet having the optimal pvp specc, and if you don't, you're fucked.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    Respeccing should be kept the same as it was in vanilla. Grinding so i could afford to respec was part of the game back then.

Lets not forget every hunter will be saying mail down is "Hunter"Gear.

See to me this is stuff where Blizzard will actually discuss what players are looking for. Would it change things a bit? Sure, but not wildly, and if anything could actually see people spending more gold.

I wouldn't be opposed to the price dropping quicker, although I think the cap should be the same. Let's be honest, whether it's weekly or monthly it will generally be high for most players.

I think capping it at 10g is too low, it does need to be high enough that you consider not wanting to change specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    No you weren't. One person in your raid was an Spriest/RPala for debuffs/buffs. Everyone else was forced into another spec. Great gameplay, yo.
    I don't remember anyone forcing me to play a certain role, or even to raid for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAlaska View Post
    Originally it didn't heal. It was simply a single use instant attack you could use after getting a killing blow on a mob.
    "But it can crit, though!"

I remember it not at all fondly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    why is it so damned hard to understand that the people who've wanted vanilla all this time want it as it was, nothing more or less than what it was, that's it.

not fucking rocket science here
    Nah, playing as a PI priest back in the day I thought it was stupid, still is now.

Will you get mad if Blizzard releases 1.12.1 or something and ruins your Vanilla experience too?
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Nah, playing as a PI priest back in the day I thought it was stupid, still is now.

Will you get mad if Blizzard releases 1.12.1 or something and ruins your Vanilla experience too?
    as long as it was a patch that existed in vanilla then I don't have a problem with it at all. things i have a problem are shit like lfg/lfr/dual spec...the people wanting this stuff can gtfo and play retail. I want it as close to authentic as they can make it
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    as long as it was a patch that existed in vanilla then I don't have a problem with it at all. things i have a problem are shit like lfg/lfr/dual spec...the people wanting this stuff can gtfo and play retail. I want it as close to authentic as they can make it
    Oh yeah LFR/LFG, like welfare gear and so forth ruin the core tenets of Vanilla 100% so should never be touched, but smaller changes I don't think will matter in the long run if they do any.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if they'll keep the +heal and +magic school damage. I always enjoyed the fights between mages and warlocks for +fire damage gear.

So you think pure dps don't have the right to change spec for pve/pvp with lowered cost?

Easy to spot some legion logic here. You guys legit think outside of raiding there is nothing but solo content. Maybe try having friends to play with so even outside raids you can group up and do things?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Wonder if they'll keep the +heal and +magic school damage. I always enjoyed the fights between mages and warlocks for +fire damage gear.
    ....lolwut?

No warlock in Vanilla wanted +fire. Pure spellpower (which existed... eventually after a reitemization pass in 1.7 or something..) or ~
    +Shadow only. Affliction had zero use for +Fire, and wasnt a popular raid spec until the debuff limit issue was resolved (by upping it to 16 and making multiple instances of the same debuff count as a single slot) and even then wasnt as popular (or quite as high in dps) as SM/Ruin or DS/Ruin (both of which spammed Shadowbolt).

Soul Fire was a DPS loss to cast (and cost a shard) as any spec, and the only non-talent fire DD was Searing Pain... which caused extra threat.

No warlock gave a solitary fuck about fire.