Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree that reps need to be account wide. Not all of us enjoy playing the same class over and over and over every single expac, especially when they change it to something you hate. There's no reason for this anymore. There's a lot of other stuff to do in the game instead, and they can't even provide a genuine reason for why they just won't do it.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

Honestly at this point in time, if I could pay to "Main Change", essentially swapping all rep/achievements etc between two of my Max level characters I would.

It's fine for them not to make reps account-wide if they don't want, but if that's the case then they need to stop gating the use of non-player power rewards behind them. Make transmogs and toys usable without the rep, and don't lock things like the new race options behind it (or make the questline available to all characters after one has the rep). The only things you should directly *need* rep for on alts should be crafting stuff and player power rewards, like gear or buff items. No one wants to grind out reps multiple times just to use a toy or a tabard, so a lot of the time they just end up not being used.

Its not an obsolete thing, seeing that its still in game. Personally I have no issue with it, as decision making should have some impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Poor you having to "grind" in an mmo game what a foreign concept. I would understand if the reps are as difficult as there were in vanilla but they arnt they are piss poor easy and you are just lazy and want everything at once for yourself. Next ull want account wide professions.
    I've already earned those reps.

I've done them.

They're complete.

I'm at exalted.

Stop acting like I'm asking for an instant boost to exalted with everything, I'm not, I'm just asking for what I've done to count for my entire account.

If you want a grind fest then please kindly fuck off to WoW Classic and let us have our account wide rep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Agree 100%. They need to make this shit Account Wide already, I've got so many reps on my old DK at exalted that I'd really like to have on my paladin.
    no they dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no they dont.
    Yestheydo.

Meh. Farming old reps gives me something to do in the lulls between raid tiers. I like the MoP model, where reaching Revered on one toon unlocks double rep gains account wide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RotDog View Post
    Completely agree that reps need to be account wide... they can't even provide a genuine reason for why they just won't do it.
    To me it makes perfect sense that my Draenei paladin might be a hero to a faction that's never met/heard of my Pandaren monk. To my thinking, the MoP system was like your main writing a letter of reference for your alts, so if your main was revered, all the alts he vouched for had their actions noticed much more quickly.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-11-13 at 08:44 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I seriously don't even see the point in not making it account-wide, how many people do you get that actually spend extra play time farming the same rep again on another character vs people simply shifting their focus (ie; dungeoning less in order to rep farm again) or people never bothering to farm the rep on their alts even if it becomes somewhat impairing?

There won't be free account wide rep in wow ever. It's one of many requests from players when they want something for free.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2017-11-13 at 08:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    One of the panels answered to a pretty frequently asked question "Will we get account shared reputations?" to which he got the "no need for that, as reputation is not essential to your alt gameplay"

Well, people wanted account wide reputations ever since account wide features were added with mounts, pets, apearance, heirlooms.

It sucks having toys that you can't use, because your particular toon didn't earn that reputations, and now I just listened to newest QnA with wow devs, where they said this "There are some preliminary requirements to starting the quest chains for Allied races - such as getting exalted with highmountain tauren before you can proceed.

Nice, I don't know which character I am gonna play in Legion, but I am 100% sure it won't be the one that I spend all that time grinding that stupid Nightborne rep, because I earn that rep on my ALLIANCE character, and now I gotta do that grind again, instead of enjoying the new content, just so I can play Nightborne, etc.

It's obsolete in today's wow and once you earned Exalted achievment on one character, all your characters should have exalted aswell.

What do you think?
    They will proberly make it so, that if you are exalted on a character on your account, you can do the allied questline. It will proberly have something to do with creating an achievement for getting exalted with Highmoutain Taurens and let that get shared between the characters.

But i do agree, that it will be quite dumb if i am supposed to grind Highmoutain rep from the start again if i already have it on my Alliance character.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    This thread again?

They already said no like 100 times, stop crying about reps. It's always been like this and it's not changing.
    They also said 1000 times no to demon hunter class and classic wow

Deleted
    It would be impossible to make reputation account wide. Let's say you have two toons, one exalted and the other hated with the Bloodsail bucaneers: what kind of reputation do you get account wide? The same could be said about Oracles/Frenzyheart, or other reps of that kind.

As far as I'm concerned, they were on the right road in MoP with the token system. The caracter that gets to exalted can buy a token that boost account wide rep with that faction by X%

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    There are some preliminary requirements to starting the quest chains for Allied races - such as getting exalted with highmountain tauren before you can proceed.
    I don't see this making it to live servers. There will be too big of an uproar against this; grinding past expansion reputations to unlock current expansion content is a bad idea and won't end well with the community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    It would be impossible to make reputation account wide. Let's say you have two toons, one exalted and the other hated with the Bloodsail bucaneers: what kind of reputation do you get account wide? The same could be said about Oracles/Frenzyheart, or other reps of that kind.

As far as I'm concerned, they were on the right road in MoP with the token system. The caracter that gets to exalted can buy a token that boost account wide rep with that faction by X%
    This is false; it is impossible to do this to reputations that have negative attributes. For any kind of faction that is only ever positive (IE, you can't betray and lose points on) it is totally viable.

This means, most likely, that every faction before, say, Cataclysm perhaps, would likely remain as is, but everything after could be account wide. There might be some odd exceptions but there wouldn't be many.

This is bad for both old and new players, the old ones don't want to grind same rep again and the new ones definately don't want to do it either

While not a perfect solution, an ARPG I play called "Grim Dawn" has a decent solution to grinding rep on alts.

When you reach exalted on 1 character, you can buy an account bound item that increases rep gain by x%. You can send this item to new alts and as long as you have it in your inventory you gain rep faster.

I believe WoW had something similar in MoP, where you gained an account wide buff to rep gains if you got exalted on one character. The faction for the dragon/snake mount things definitely used it.

So I think they should at least implement faster rep if you cap it on at least 1 character on your account. For BfA, I really hope things like Highmountain/Suramar exalted will be based on having the achivement on your account and not a specific character having exalted because forces you to play to 120 on that character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Honestly at this point in time, if I could pay to "Main Change", essentially swapping all rep/achievements etc between two of my Max level characters I would.
    Don't give them these stupid ideas. It's bad enough they increased the price of Faction and Race change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post

It's not completly outlandish idea to have some reps be excluded from Acc wide reps. Just like some mounts aren't acc wide, or some transmog are char/class specific.
    Last edited by mmocad3e65e5d1; 2017-11-13 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Account-wide rep is not a good idea nor really feasible but uncoupling pointless shit like toys from it should have happened years ago.
    It doesn't need to happen with everything.

Either only do it for Legion reps and make it cross faction as well, or don't make me grind exalted with Horde as well if I want to get Highmountain and Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I've already earned those reps.

I've done them.

They're complete.

I'm at exalted.

Stop acting like I'm asking for an instant boost to exalted with everything, I'm not, I'm just asking for what I've done to count for my entire account.

If you want a grind fest then please kindly fuck off to WoW Classic and let us have our account wide rep.
    Youve earned those reps on that character that faction

Then are complete on that character

They are comple

You are exalted on that character.

Stop asking for a free rep boost on every character other than the one you have done them one. Would you like account wide professions as well?

This has nothing to do with classic and everything to do with brain dead lazy people crying for something once more.

I've done everything on my main, and I can only hope that's enough to start the allied quest in BfA, if not, anything I need to do should be in current content, not in old content? What about Dark Iron Dwarf? Do I need to go clear searing gorge on my lvl 110?