Thread: Group Finder

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Group Finder

I think I would be okay with group finder being included in Classic. Not the random dungeon finder queue. What's the difference in spamming chat and just listing your group.

One takes effort.

One doesn't.

Deleted
    The absence of dungeon finder was what made WoW the best gaming experience we had (in terms of adventure and exploration).
    I'm very happy i'm playing a private WotLK with removed Finder.

If Blizz don't add it, addon devs will write it, there's already few projects for PS, but they're stale because, well, there's no money in it and vanilla itself is stale so there's nothing to patch.

Obv talking about LFG and not LFD/LFR thingy, the latter requires queue system that has to be implemented by Blizz. For some reason people can't tell the difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    One takes effort.

One doesn't.
    so hearthstoneing back to town is "effort " now ?

didnt people claiming to want vanilla whined about "chalenges " at some point ?

now people are finally admiting thats its pure desire for masochism not for chalenge

Since the alternative is everyone using addons/external sites that do the same thing, I dont see a harm in it.
    As long as its clear, that we are talking about the non random one and that the groups you can find on there are your server only. Maybe change it to "you can post groups, but you have to message the group leader in order to be invited". That way we get a nicer looking interface with all the "social" interactions you have with trade chat spamming.

The reasons random all servers linked dungeon finder was a problem, is that your server reputation didnt matter anymore and you didnt have any power over who ends up in your group. A dungeon finder interface (that the community will build anyways) doesnt have any of those problems. It just has a similiar name.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Group finder wont solve anything. It will still be a shortage of tanks / healers, the best way to find them will still be spamming trade and general chat

This is the only thing added to vanilla that i would be ok with
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    omg, stop it.

lfg tool is one of whorst things that ever happend to game where social aspect was big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    The absence of dungeon finder was what made WoW the best gaming experience we had (in terms of adventure and exploration).
    I'm very happy i'm playing a private WotLK with removed Finder.
    Except that Vanilla also had a group finder, first the Meeting stones and then the Innkeeper.

Regardless. Call to Arms and OQueue is a godsend in addons for group finding.

This thread isn't even a page long and people are already confusing LFG with LFD/LFR.

LFG would be fine, If blizzard doesn't add it then addon makers will.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    I think I would be okay with group finder being included in Classic. Not the random dungeon finder queue. What's the difference in spamming chat and just listing your group.
    For all these questions there is a simple test that allows us to check if it would be ok or not to include the feature:

Was this feature part of the WoW between 1.0 and 1.12.1?
    Yes. - It's ok for the feature to be in the game.
    No. - It's not ok for the feature to be in the game.
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2017-11-14 at 02:31 PM.

There is the Vanilla addon VQUEUE for people doing Strat/Scholo/DM/UBRS/LBRS in order to facilitate group forming. Only "power players" used it in my experience but it worked just fine.

As a player who will resub for Blizzard's Classic Server, I don't want to see Group Finder added. In fact, I want NONE WHATSOEVER of "New Blizzard's" so-called QoL changes to make it to the game, i.e. no Group Finder, no Raid Finder, no LFG, no LFR, and not even Summoning Stones.

If I wanted to use any of these tools, I (we) would play retail, which I (we) don't. It is called Classic WoW for a reason. I want to play Classic WoW, not Vanilla above a skin of Retail WoW with all the changes which I (we) have come to detest.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Honestly, I think Blizzard should let the Addon makers come up with something, and if it's popular enough, they can patch it in at a later date. The more I see people's responses, the more I think they should deliver Vanilla in its original form. I'd be happy with a graphical overhaul (Classic Remastered!), but otherwise, it should remain the way it was, mechanically, until some time has passed and the community has evolved.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    If Blizz don't add it, addon devs will write it, there's already few projects for PS, but they're stale because, well, there's no money in it and vanilla itself is stale so there's nothing to patch.

Obv talking about LFG and not LFD/LFR thingy, the latter requires queue system that has to be implemented by Blizz. For some reason people can't tell the difference between the two.
    I can see OQ making a comeback. I actually really really miss that addon.

It annoyed me too because blizz admitted to using the addon too, then broke it shortly after. Id much prefer using OQ over the in game group finder.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

I don't think it will solve the problem of only having one tank class. With that said, maybe with more knowledge of the game, more people will be rolling warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    The entire point of spamming trade chat is to prevent you from being allowed to do anything productive while you form a group, that includes walking to the instance, or questing or whatever. Same goes for people looking to join a group, they are required to waste time in the capital until they finally find the group they are looking for.

Now you'll ask me "isn't that completely stupid, unnecessary and a giant waste of time?" Yes it is. That's the entire point of playing Vanilla, wasting time away, that's why we want vanilla, certainly not for the fun, cuz there's no fun in forming a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I can see OQ making a comeback. I actually really really miss that addon.

It annoyed me too because blizz admitted to using the addon too, then broke it shortly after. Id much prefer using OQ over the in game group finder.
    Well, then tend to break addons that negatively affect their server performance.

For example, contrary to popular belief GS was banned and broken (well, API it used was changed) not because it's "hurting" community, but because it's lagging their servers quite badly due to enormous amount of inspect requests.

oQ was causing similar issues, so they had to indirectly kill it and slightly improve default LFG tool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    If it doesn't ship with one the premade group finder (not LFD, that's impossible) will be recreated as an addon and most people will use it so it doesn't matter either way. Spamming trade most likely won't be a thing in Classic.
    Unless Blizzard deliberately constricts LUA and limits functions to make it impossible, which I support.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.