Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Where can I get me some of that shit you're on, because it must be sending you on one hell of a trip!
    probably been looking at concurrent users on the runescape and EQ servers, classic vs non-classic versions.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Classic will outclass retail. Vanilla haters will be proven wrong again.
    A very bold statement when we don't even know what they plan on doing so we shall see, the servers are not even up yet and not likely for a while..

I also bet, the same people whove been whining about wanting their own legacy servers wont stop asking for more demands... :3

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I just don't understand these people. If they are not interested in classic WoW they can just not talk about it
    I guess it's a strong case of having nothing better to do with their time, or, they enjoy the attention they're given.

Also, it's easy being a pessimist.

Phase 1: "It won't happen"
    Phase 2: "It will fail"
    Phase 3: "It won't last"
    Phase 4: *popping veins*

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    probably been looking at concurrent users on the runescape and EQ servers, classic vs non-classic versions.
    I read somewhere on these forums from someone claiming that the Runescape devs screwed up their classic servers or something like that.. Either way whenever Blizzard give us more information on their classic servers, and the proposed release date then we shall see what the pro legacy crowd think..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Phase 1: "It won't happen"
    Phase 2: "It will fail"
    Phase 3: "It won't last"
    Phase 4: *popping veins*
    It will be interesting to see what the implementation will be and whether it will live up to expectations..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    Doesn't matter what he is looking at, look at his sig...thinks vanilla will top off way above live and never drop at all...like I said he must be on one hell of a trip.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really payed that close attention to all of the Classic/Vanilla WoW server stuff, but the majority of the people I saw saying it would never happen only said that because Blizzard said it would never happen. Now that they have changed their minds on that, I am curious to see how it works out. I personally have zero interest in playing on a Classic WoW server but I am all for them being created for those who do. My only fear is them taking resources away from the continued development of content going forward.

That said, it is almost a certainty that there will be a significant drop off in players on the Classic WoW servers after a few weeks/months. This isn't really any different than the drop off in players a few months after the release of an expansion except I think it will be an even bigger drop off. Be it former Vanilla players realizing that reality cannot live up to memories or players who started playing WoW some time later seeing just how dated many of the systems and ideas from back then are compared to games of today as well as how much all the quality of life improvements made to the game over the years have made WoW far more accessible to a wider audience, I will be really surprised if even 1/10 of the players who create characters on the Classic servers actually stick around.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I never really payed that close attention to all of the Classic/Vanilla WoW server stuff, but the majority of the people I saw saying it would never happen only said that because Blizzard said it would never happen. Now that they have changed their minds on that, I am curious to see how it works out. I personally have zero interest in playing on a Classic WoW server but I am all for them being created for those who do. My only fear is them taking resources away from the continued development of content going forward.

That said, it is almost a certainty that there will be a significant drop off in players on the Classic WoW servers after a few weeks/months. This isn't really any different than the drop off in players a few months after the release of an expansion except I think it will be an even bigger drop off. Be it former Vanilla players realizing that reality cannot live up to memories or players who started playing WoW some time later seeing just how dated many of the systems and ideas from back then are compared to games of today as well as how much all the quality of life improvements made to the game over the years have made WoW far more accessible to a wider audience, I will be really surprised if even 1/10 of the players who create characters on the Classic servers actually stick around.
    Will be interesting to see how it goes.. It will be very interesting indeed..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Remember this, those saying classic will fail are same ones who said it will never happen. They were pretty gleeful in stating Classic WoW will never happen, rose tinted blah blah blah. This is their second phase now that their first claims were proven false. Those that wanted the Classic server are getting it, Blizzard would not have done unless they knew it was going to be utilized and bring people back to WoW (like me).

People should be happy to see others get something they have been clamoring for, instead some have to shit on it...I wonder what that is saying, what is the motive to be negative about it?
    You mean, mostly the ones? I voted for it to never happen, it did. So now I just vote for it to not be twisted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Either way, there is a demand and it looks to being filled. I am curious to see where this all ends up.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **