Thread: Group Finder

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    I think I would be okay with group finder being included in Classic. Not the random dungeon finder queue. What's the difference in spamming chat and just listing your group.
    there already was. it was called joining a chat channel by typing /join

pretty next-gen stuff

Deleted
    Group Finder is your /2 or your /1, your friends and your guildmates

GO PLAY FUCKIN RETAIL

yea no thanks. Vanilla didn't have group finder.

My first days in Vanilla, I did not know about LFG, LFM in chat channels. I used to walk all the way to dungeon entrance and ask people passing by do you need a priest healer for your group? Since priests were popular I sometimes used to get invited just like that lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    I think I would be okay with group finder being included in Classic. Not the random dungeon finder queue. What's the difference in spamming chat and just listing your group.
    This very same logic is what killed the game for many of us, Wow is best enjoyed with a group of friends, group finder eliminates the needs for friends, essentially turning the game into a one player game. This is turn makes the game super boring eventually and you unsub. What a lot of ppl fail to remember is that your group of friends adds a lot of play value to the game.

Absolutely not... such conveniences reduced interaction between players, ironically... and played a big part of players caring less about their reputation on realms which bred dickish behaviour.

No Xrealm raiding in vanilla or classic removes both the application and the need for such AddOns or functionality.

Adding it would break the good aspects of a classic (vanilla)community before it even has been established.

No, just no. Just play live if you want stuff like group finder.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so hearthstoneing back to town is "effort " now ?

didnt people claiming to want vanilla whined about "chalenges " at some point ?

now people are finally admiting thats its pure desire for masochism not for chalenge
    What are you even saying?

Who cares what people were claiming? Where are people making admissions that you're claiming?

Spending time to build a group (no screening), getting them to the instance and finishing - requires more effort than simply hearthing, or queuing.

Save the smug garbage attitude.

The premade group finder is what you should be ok with, as there are already addons for 1.12 that do exactly what it does but they require people to have the addon.

LFG will not be added, as it allows you to port to dungeons and make no social connections in the group.
    Its one of the worst additions the game has ever seen and the reason M0s and Mythic+ are not using it is because they understand you can not breed a proper atmosphere when you get sucked out of the world like that right into a dungeon with random people who can be replaced instantly.

I really do hope they do add the premade group finder though. There are a couple massive issues with Classic and group forming is one of them, especially when some one leaves or DCs mid dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This thread isn't even a page long and people are already confusing LFG with LFD/LFR.

LFG would be fine, If blizzard doesn't add it then addon makers will.
    Its called the Premade Group finder, so that's why people are confused.
    The addon already exists. Its called Call to Arms and it works exactly like the premade group finder does, except that it takes groups from chats and only populates based on who has the addon.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    No.
    No changes.
    Stop suggesting stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    yea no thanks. Vanilla didn't have group finder.
    Sure it did, its there is the form of an addon called Call to Arms.

Vanilla didn't have quest objectives on the map either, and that's why half the server uses Questie.

Things like that need to be discussed, because if they are added easily with addons then it probably means its something that improves the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    No.
    No changes.
    Stop suggesting stupid shit.
    No changes from what though? The premade group finder was introduced in its infancy with the ZG patch, it just was very ineffective.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

On ever PS I have played on, there has been a world chat that people use to make groups for group quests, dungeons, and raids. That seems to have worked fine. Community chat based group finding with the freedom to keep questing or whatever. Seems pretty good. So what is the need for a group finder?

Quote Originally Posted by daedius View Post
    absolutely not... Such conveniences reduced interaction between players, ironically... And played a big part of players caring less about their reputation on realms which bred dickish behaviour.
    so true!!!!!!!

The best iteration yet was in TBC, when the UI had a pull down for specific content like quests you had or dungeons you wanted to run and join a listing of people also interested and also be added to LFG chat.

However, that's not vanilla and I'm ok without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Absolutely not... such conveniences reduced interaction between players, ironically... and played a big part of players caring less about their reputation on realms which bred dickish behaviour.
    What I think OP means should be implemented is the BC iteration where you put yourself on a list for a dungeon and you had to whisper other people to form a group, all from the same server. I don't see how that's detrimental. I guess the same could be achieved with /5 or what it was being used more but it'd have to be split into brackets someway to not be spammed to the point of no one finding a group.
    Last edited by Saft; 2017-11-15 at 06:15 AM.

Dungeon Finder, by nature of removing chatter from world channels, cheapens the value of those channels and reduces player interaction, awareness and general immersion.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    On ever PS I have played on, there has been a world chat that people use to make groups for group quests, dungeons, and raids. That seems to have worked fine. Community chat based group finding with the freedom to keep questing or whatever. Seems pretty good. So what is the need for a group finder?
    Because it is that but for people who are actually looking for specific groups. World chat was not in the vanilla game and seemingly exists because people realized that group forming without it was horrible.

The premade group finder takes that to the logical next step. You won't be bothered with the same dude spamming for his run where he is reserving half the gear for 2 hours if he can just make a group in a predetermined area.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Exactly! Pls stop trying to ruin the social aspect of vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    Dungeon Finder, by nature of removing chatter from world channels, cheapens the value of those channels and reduces player interaction, awareness and general immersion.
    There were no world channels in actual Classic. Spamming the same sentence 40 times is not player interaction either.

Stop thinking with your nostalgia and start objectively examining the systems as they were.
    Pugging was among the worst things about Classic and its solution came in its infancy with the ZG patch. Even Blizzard in 2005 knew this.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    ONEAzerothTV