Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The next expansion could be WoW: Moonraker.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Let's not forget Vol'jin's homeland, the Darkspear Islands. Same place where his father died. Kul Tiras Marines sought to invade them in the past, they may be up to it again. Could be patch content for this expansion, since again: fits the theme.
    Didn't those sink during WC3?

Caves are the future.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Didn't those sink during WC3?
    No. Apparently not.

There's a short story about Vol'jin that is set on the same islands, after the events of the demo campaign.

Deleted
    I'd quite like a Cataclysm-type expansion that updates some existing zones as well as adds some new ones. I liked you could go all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    World of Warcraft: Pre-Sundering condition a.k.a. Pangea continent expansion. That's what is on the other side
    That would be awesome!

Unless it pops up as a patch zone in BfA, I think they're going to give Tel'abim the Pandaria treatment. We're due for a mysterious new land expansion, anyways, and Tel'abim sounds Arabian-esque, a fantasy theme largely untouched in WoW. We also know practically nothing about it other than its main export are bananas.

Plunder Isle will pop up either in this or the Tel'abim expansion. I'm more apt to believe it will be a BG, Island Expedition, or PvP zone rather than a 'continent' like Kul Tiras and Zandalar.

Zul'Dare and Crestfall are conspicuously absent, but I also agree they're likely to be Horde/Alliance split patch zones in BfA, much like their larger continent cousins.

Darkspear Islands, Dragon Isles, Balor, Ominous Isle and Ogrezonia are all harder to predict. I can see Darkspear Islands being part of Vol'jin's story or an Island Expedition location. Dragon Isles may or may not be canon at this point, as they only exist as old concept art and a scrapped Vanilla raid. Balor hasn't been mentioned since Warcraft II, although seemingly appeared on early WoW maps. Ominous Isle could be an Island Expedition, Balor, or never mentioned again. Ogrezonia may or may not be a myth, but I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up one day.

As for future expansion locales other than Tel'abim, the ones that always come to my mind are the Underground of Azeroth, the Ogre Continent and Farahlon on Draenor, a new continent between the Veiled and Forbidding Seas (Aka the Other Side of Azeroth), K'aresh, the Shadowlands, and the Moons of Azeroth.

The Underground of Azeroth combined with the Shadowlands, the Black Empire, and the Lich King all sounds like a thematically coherent expansion. Throw in the Blingtron War as a sub plot, and I'd bet money something like this will be the long-awaited Wrath 2 expansion.

K'aresh would likely be the 'Argus' of an expansion. I'd bet either in Tel'abim or the Ogre continent, depending on which one tells a stronger Void story. Either way, though, I see Tel'abim as the Arabia/mysterious continent expansion and the Ogre continent as the Byzantine/Void expansion.

The Other Side of Azeroth likely contains continents, as we know the supercontinent of Kalimdor wasn't the only continent on Azeroth thanks to Chronicle. Even though we see nothing on that side when viewed from Argus, I have no doubt Pandaria style Mists or some other Titan trickery will be used to explain hidden continents on that side of the world.

The Moons are, frankly, where I envision the end of World of Warcraft taking us. They both play parts in Titan and Elune lore and would be the logical Light stronghold necessary to stage all out war with the Void. I have no clue if they could be full expansion material or not, however.

Anyways, there are still A LOT of places left to go in WoW before we even think about other planets as whole settings.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2017-11-16 at 09:20 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Black Empire Underground expansion still possible. And they can easily add undiscovered parts of Azeroth as much as they want to.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    That would be awesome
    Yet another take to time-traveling. Azeroth in BfA falls to near corruption or full blown corruption go back in the past to undo the corruption of Azeroth a.k.a. Pantheons plus heroes fighting in an epic battle against all the living old gods and this time the Pantheon will be on our sides now instead of the Dragon Aspects.

This time the wisest of them all N'Zoth has succeeded in corrupting one of the last remaining dragon Aspect Nozdorumu and the keepers of Time, this is his last battle plan for a total success. Azerothians is forced to leave Azeroth but as a last ditch effort they must subject themselves to relive the past and correct what has to be done.

Plunder Isle will pop up either in this or the Tel'abim expansion. I'm more apt to believe it will be a BG, Island Expedition, or PvP zone rather than a 'continent' like Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
    Cataclysm's zone of Uldum as well as the Raid and Dungeon of Sky Wall have a bit of Arabianesque theme to it if you ask me.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-11-17 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Cataclysm's zone of Uldum as well as the Raid and Dungeon of Sky Wall have a bit of Arabianesque theme to it if you ask me.
    Uldum was more Egyptian than Arabian. But, I'll give you Skywall and Throne of the Four Winds; they had some Arabian influence, design wise. Still, a dungeon and a two-boss raid are small examples compared to, say, the heavy Nordic influences of Northrend and heavy East Asian influences of Pandaria.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Uldum was more Egyptian than Arabian. But, I'll give you Skywall and Throne of the Four Winds; they had some Arabian influence, design wise. Still, a dungeon and a two-boss raid are small examples compared to, say, the heavy Nordic influences of Northrend and heavy East Asian influences of Pandaria.
    I agree but then again Cataclysm is a mish-mash of different variety and content packed into one expansion. Not unlike this coming expansion two real world inspired zone or content will be introduced as opposed to the two stated expac. We will see further as BfA goes live and future content and patches will be released. I do expect Tel'Abim be introduced in BfA as well in a 8.x patch content/cycle.

Also they didn't made any specific zone for the Elemental plane of Wind much like what they did to Abyssal Maw as opposed to Deepholm.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-11-17 at 01:30 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachman View Post
    I'd quite like a Cataclysm-type expansion that updates some existing zones as well as adds some new ones. I liked you could go all over the place.
    Same. I dunno how they'd do it because updating the entire world again would be a pain in the ass. It would be cool if they did some phasing so we could get a max level (Well, not max level but within the 10 levels of the expansion) version of Elwynn Forest for example where there is a brand new story there with new enemies and the quest chain would end in Stormwind City so that you get a full update on all the human stuff. Maybe that's a way around recreating all of EK and Kalimdor. They could just make new stuff in all of the major capital cities and surrounding areas because that really is the most important story to players anyway. Fuck Desolace.

So for example:
    Alliance: Elwynn Forest, Dun Morogh, Azuremyst, New Worgen/Night Elf hub
    Horde: Durotar, Mulgore, Quel'Thalas, New Undead hub

It would be cool if Bolvar for example randomly decided he wanted to take Stormwind (maybe he's starting to forget who he was but he remembers Stormwind) so we have to fight off the Scourge in Elwynn Forest or maybe there is a new Magatha Grimtotem storyline for the Tauren, etc.

When you do all 4 maybe a final mini continent unlocks just so there is something new to do and you get like 3 new zones shared between Alliance and Horde there.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Same. I dunno how they'd do it because updating the entire world again would be a pain in the ass. It would be cool if they did some phasing so we could get a max level (Well, not max level but within the 10 levels of the expansion) version of Elwynn Forest for example where there is a brand new story there with new enemies and the quest chain would end in Stormwind City so that you get a full update on all the human stuff. Maybe that's a way around recreating all of EK and Kalimdor. They could just make new stuff in all of the major capital cities and surrounding areas because that really is the most important story to players anyway. Fuck Desolace.

So for example:
    Alliance: Elwynn Forest, Dun Morogh, Azuremyst, New Worgen/Night Elf hub
    Horde: Durotar, Mulgore, Quel'Thalas, New Undead hub

It would be cool if Bolvar for example randomly decided he wanted to take Stormwind (maybe he's starting to forget who he was but he remembers Stormwind) so we have to fight off the Scourge in Elwynn Forest or maybe there is a new Magatha Grimtotem storyline for the Tauren, etc.

When you do all 4 maybe a final mini continent unlocks just so there is something new to do and you get like 3 new zones shared between Alliance and Horde there.
    I'm convinced we'll get an expansion near the end of WoW that will make every level, dungeon, and raid relevant through time travel while having the Infinite Dragonflight as a major villain. It'd be the perfect way to make WoW 'evergreen' while winding down development.

I also think they'll be using phasing and other systems to make part of the old world relevant. We already know Teldrassil burns and Undercity is destroyed. We also know Arathi Highlands is getting an update for a Warfront. I definitely think we'll see this, in limited use, going forward.

Wod 2.0 were we travel to a different azeroth during the 2nd war
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of a new continent we could see a second world revamp. It doesn't necessarily have to be a sort of cataclysm or Black Empire or what not, it could just be "This is how things look now, several years after the Cataclysm and after the power of the continents have shifted". Boom, completely remade zones for both continents. And considering they now have Shadring, Phasing and what not, they may actually don't even have to "delete" the old world, but instead can keep Cata for 1-60 and 80-90 and only change the zones as, for example, 120-130 content.

Deleted
    Whatever Blizzard decide to do I seriously hope that we won't travel around different planets and shit. I don't like the spaceships idea. I personally hope we stay on Azeroth and venture into ny'alotha. I could be down with a giant portal that takes us into another realm like the void lord realm or something. But PLEASE no more spaceships...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Caves are the future.
    Honestly that would be pretty cool! Caves with Old God style! A cave that takes us to "the underworld" or something. Ny'alotha maybe.

Deleted
    This isn't a South Seas expansion, it has just taken several elements of it, put it in a blender and mixed it together in a way that nobody wanted and will underwhelm everyone.

- More different zones
    - Azshara as the clear main villain
    - our own ships

Should have been all they needed to do to make this expansion awesome. We've waited so long, and finally, this is the Azshara/South Seas expansion we get?