Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erufufu View Post
    Has there been a single good looking tier set since wrath? I would happily sacrifice class themed sets for zone themed if it means they actually looked good not like the trash we have had. I can only see this as a positive. And 90% of people just use a trasnmog anyway.
    Plenty of good-looking sets in Legion. The bear set for druid, tier19 for paladin, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    rest of the unique armor looks will be on the blizzardshop.
    example dev. excuse: "this mighty paladin classfantasy set doesnt fit into a troll raid. buy it now"
    example excuse of playerbase: "you can still buy tokens with gold"

also: oh god even more troll themed armor in the future -.-
    Tbh, with all the gold in Zandalar, a Zandalar-themed Paladin set works fine. Same for mummy-based for Death Knight, since a lot of former troll rulers are buried in Zuldazar and other environments and they even have mummy devilsaurs.

Rogues could have a blood troll-based set, etc.

Shit. I completely forgot we're likely getting 8 warfront sets too. Theyve already showed us the plate ones. and they likely even have higher level versions of them. Ill bet those will also work as pvp sets for the 1st tier. so that would equate to 16 sets with mythic/elite versions. not including the new stuff we get from 5mans and quests. each side having its own quest gear, possibly more than 1 sets, tho i dunno bout that
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2017-11-17 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    My only concern of this is that we are going to get a bunch of dungeon quality art armor vs raid tier armor. I'd rather have 3 raid tier art sets vs 12 generic dungeon quality looking art sets
    unfortunately this is my line of thinking too. It just feels like a way to potentially either cut costs, or development time/hours in order to push content faster (which im of two minds about in and of itself aswell). I'm actually quite upset about this whole no more tier and every warlock/priest/mage will look the same if they dont transmog sounding stuff.

let see:
    2-6 quest sets
    2-4 dungeon sets
    8 Warfront/pvp sets
    8 raid sets

Thats about what i assume we're getting. im not sure how many max lvl questing sets or lvl up sets we're getting. Which only makes this an issue post launch for me personally.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They also said that this opens up for more exhaustive work being put into gear models from other sources than just raiding.

But why focus on the potential, when we can just assume the worst?
    oh, looks like most of you are assuming the best. some number like 80 even came up. 80 sets, praise blizz. they could do no wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    let see:
    2-6 quest sets
    2-4 dungeon sets
    8 Warfront/pvp sets
    8 raid sets

Thats about what i assume we're getting. im not sure how many max lvl questing sets or lvl up sets we're getting. Which only makes this an issue post launch for me personally.
    So far, quest and dungeon sets aren't anything special. They're different depending on armor type, but still still only have unique shoulders, helms and belt buckles, nothing else.

If Blizzard wants us to use all the "old tier sets" if we want to look like Iconic paladins, then give us res updates on the armor sets or else bullshit.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They also said that this opens up for more exhaustive work being put into gear models from other sources than just raiding.

Because the last time we gave them the benefit of a doubt without showing something of solidity, WoD happened.

Haven't they been doing raid themed tier sets for the majority of classes within each tier since... BC/WotLK? Only here and there over the expansions sets are truly "that class". Armor types sharing visuals? That's just a straight downgrade in effort. We need just the opposite of this change lol
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2017-11-17 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    ... but that's the point of a class ... Death Knight should look like a Death Knight ...

You have these "raid theme" armors in game, you had quite a few in Legion. You have: ToV ones, you have Chromie scenario ones and you have latest dungeon SoT ones. Take a look at them, this is what you'll get next expansion. This and nothing else.
    And you still can if that's your litmus test for a good tier set. There's transmog, you don't *have* to change your gear, your DK will look like you want to. Unless this is an issue about you needing the hottest DK fashion every season? There will be several new plate armors next expansion, more than in any other for the look of it, but do you feel like there *has* to be one specifically for your class to get you excited, regardless if overall we get better quality sets.

This is an opportunity to see more armor art based on the expansion, and I bet that contextualization is gonna give us some very cool looking gear, some of which migth look amazing on a DK. There are three troll zones, it's very likely we are gonna get some gilded skulls plate.

Do you need it to be class specific for some sense on prestige?

Unless this is an issue about you needing the hottest DK fashion every season? There will be several new plate armors next expansion, more than in any other for the look of it, but do you feel like there *has* to be one specifically for your class to get you excited, regardless if overall we get better quality sets.
    Do you need it to be class specific for some sense on prestige?

Um, probably because he plays a DK first, plate wearer second. That's a reasonable expectation considering that's how its been done for 12 years. Not an expectation to fit your prestige hungry hardcore player narrative.

there's some valid directional changes being made, and we'll see how this plays out. Could blow up in their face, could yield some cool armor. but someone wanting the continuation of class sets isn't greedy, vain, selfish, or elitist.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2017-11-17 at 06:14 AM.

Deleted

In reality they are probably letting their parts of the art team go or redirecting them to other projects. This kind of corporate "we're taking this away, but you're actually winning"- is typical in situations where resources are getting cut and consumers are getting shafted.

Assuming the best is just silly. They've just announced they're removing the most iconic raid rewards without actually showing anything concrete in return (apart from veery vague 15 min nervous babble about how this is "opens up other possibilities" by Mr. Jazzhands).

They're cutting out stuff. That's what we know. The rest is just fluff.
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-11-17 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Always on the defensive.

Defend defend defend!
    Attack attack attack! Show 'em how much superior you are! Tell the world how you care not about their tastes! Attack the people whose taste differs from yours and then attack and mock them again when they reply to your mindless onslaught. You showed 'em boy. So cool.

OT: If we get better looking sets and/or more variety overall, I will be satisfied. One thing I might dislike is lack of paladin themed armor though... I mean, in Legion we only got one Light-themed set and it was a rework of an older set (with the mythic version, which was the only colour I like having impossible to look at shoulders xD. Thankfully I can replace those with T6 shoulders and have a nearly seemless transmog) and Legion was the one expansion where we should have gotten more light-themed sets (paladins), especially with Argus and the Army of the Light... We should have gotten a set similar to Turalyon's shiny armor, not blood elf themed stuff (And my paladin is a blood elf). Or atleast should have had a red and golden version to go with the Silvermoon tabard. In BfA... the theme is war, Alliance and Horde, Trolls, ships/sea, old gods, naga (second raid)... there might not be any light-themed stuff. And if paladins don't get their own exclusive set, then that might well mean not a single light-themed set... Which is kinda sad. Still waiting for that perfect set which I will have 0 complains about (I like most sets, but I cannot find a single one that I cannot complain about atleast a little. While weapon designs are always top-notch, class sets are.... somehow weird. The colourschemes really bother me. Take the paladin T18 for example. It was like an HD version of T4 (Maraad's armor) and it is Draenei themed - silver and gold with purple crystals. And then out of nowhere... black plate scales! I expected they would fix this "glitch" till the very end when they actually released WoD's first raid and I realized that Blizzard indeed intended to have a Silver/Gold/Purple Draenei-themed armor set with random black on it... Same goes for almost any set. Atleast on paladin side. Warriors usually have very good colour schemes (T20,T6,T10,T13 had super cool shoulders but the chest and pants ruined it for me).

Idk, it's not that I dislike the class sets in WoW, it's just that I feel like they could be so much more... And the colourschemes often screw up some nice models, or vice versa, finally getting a nice colourscheme and there is this weird 3D element that doesn't make sense or makes the set too awkward. But overall I liked the approach they had with sets in Legion. And the amount of 3D elements (which don't look awkward) is increasing so I am looking forward to the stuff they will give us in BfA!

Guild Wars 2 does this since release: armor sets themed after the dungeons bundled for each armor class.

It really works fine, especially when you consider mixing and matching the armor with other parts via transmog. It will give your classes new options which they didn't have before. They also confirmed that they won't sacrifice variety so I won't participate in that zone-counting nonsense here.

Funny that some people acting like they are doing this for every expac from BFA on.
    The team will get back to class based art eventually, but for BfA variety is being added.
    so they could easily move back to class based sets in the next expac or even a mix of both with 1 or 2 class based sets and the rest zone themed sets. They are probably running out of ideas for class sets or are burned out on them and want to try something different. We may end up with some really cool pieces that we can mash together into some great unique transmogs because there is a common theme running through multiple sets.

Damn if we had just known! Our tier sets might have cost us many raid tiers over the last couple of years!

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Guild Wars 2 does this since release: armor sets themed after the dungeons bundled for each armor class.

It really works fine, especially when you consider mixing and matching the armor with other parts via transmog. It will give your classes new options which they didn't have before. They also confirmed that they won't sacrifice variety so I won't participate in that zone-counting nonsense here.
    Well, FF14 does so too, and class themed stuff is rewarded elsewhere. That's the norm in those games because it's been this way since release, but in WoW we had T sets since the very beginning, well, almost.

In the past we also asked them to remove class restrictions from tmog pieces so other classes who could wear the same armour type could use those appearances. However, we're told that it'd hurt class identity, that classes should be visually distinguishable and other bollocks, but now in BfA class identity is thrown out of the window.

Also, 12 sets per raid or 2 raids if we talk about 1st tier of expansion is better than 4 sets per raid, the only improvement is that supposedly each raid will have its own 4 sets, so 1st tier of BfA will have 8 sets. But 12 > 4 and 12 > 8, that doesn't sound like more variety.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-17 at 07:41 AM.

To me, if there's varied armor sets, even if just sprinkled over the place and not just in raids, I'm all for it. Otherwise, meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. I’m hoping this will lead to some really great sets buuuut we’ll see :P
    exactly...im always extremely skeptical when i hear blizz say 'so were reducing xyz significantly...but dont worry, the ones we are giving you will be that much proportionally better.....'
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof