Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    In the past we also asked them to remove class restrictions from tmog pieces so other classes who could wear the same armour type could use those appearances. However, we're told that it'd hurt class identity, that classes should be visually distinguishable and other bollocks, but now in BfA class identity is thrown out of the window.
    Sadly that is not extended to the artifact skins. I had kinda hoped they might lift the restrictions here in the next expansion, that would make farming them in the pre expansion lull more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    In reality they are probably letting their parts of the art team go or redirecting them to other projects. This kind of corporate "we're taking this away, but you're actually winning"- is typical in situations where resources are getting cut and consumers are getting shafted.

Assuming the best is just silly. They've just announced they're removing the most iconic raid rewards without actually showing anything concrete in return (apart from veery vague 15 min nervous babble about how this is "opens up other possibilities" by Mr. Jazzhands).

They're cutting out stuff. That's what we know. The rest is just fluff.
    THIS OMG THIS

Spend some time in corp. meetings and you hear this bullshit all the time.

There is never never never never a negative thing happening. The company could be flat bankrupt, the building could be on fire and a giant sharknado bearing down on the meeting but NOTHING is negative. EVERYTHING is a 'bonus' 'feature' 'improvement' for the customer.

It gets tough to take anything seriously unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    It'll be less sets from raid isntances, but presumably pvp sets wont be recloros of tier anymore either, so that balances it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    It'll be less sets from raid isntances, but presumably pvp sets wont be recloros of tier anymore either, so that balances it out.
    Assuming everyone who raids, pvp's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Assuming everyone who raids, pvp's.
    once the raid/season is over, they are always easy to obtain for people whos primary focus is elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    lul they just trying to reduce art cost. acitivision influence is starting to show more and more
    Yeah, sure. I cannot wait to buy lootboxes and be rewarded for staring at others opening loot boxes.

Oh, wait.

Thats not happening either.

Feels more like ToC again. I get how they want to give us a break from the class thing, every xpac puts its own spin on the game, but I think they might be going a bit too far. Who knows though.

Will suck for DHs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Yeah, sure. I cannot wait to buy lootboxes and be rewarded for staring at others opening loot boxes.

Oh, wait.

Thats not happening either.
    One can wonder what is stopping them from implementing cosmetic lootboxes though. especially if they were also buyable with some ingame currency.

they added 3 xmog items to the cash shop years ago, huge backlash, but in todays gaming climate that reaction would be much milder or even positive.
    nobody would bat an eye if they said "0.1% of lootboxes will contain a store mount or pet", etc.

honestly i was half expecting to hear about it at blizzcon, seeing how prevalent they have become in other blizz games.

and they wouldn't even have to call em lootboxes, they could call it BMAH 2.0 or galliwix funhouse or w/e.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-11-17 at 08:35 AM.

They argument that it will be more zone themed rather than class themed and that's why they have to cut 12 armor sets to 4. We also had zone themed tier sets in Firelands and we still had 12 of them. It is stupid that We won't be able to differentiate Rogue, DH, Druid and Monk based on armor. And the argument that people just transmog to another set as soon as they get new armor piece is stupid, following that logic they don't have to make any armor art at all.

I guess their argument is that there will be more armor visuals from questing opposite to what we had in legion where we had 4 recolors of the same armor sets per armor type. This is low effort visually unimpressive armor sets that nobody ever transmogged to. Getting more of those is not something that will be received with excitement.

I don't like where BfA is going, and by every new piece of information that we get it is getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Because the last time we gave them the benefit of a doubt without showing something of solidity, WoD happened.
    Because you being a Negative Nancy didn't change a thing.

Yeah beacuse Trial of the Crusader was awesome and very well received.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    My only concern of this is that we are going to get a bunch of dungeon quality art armor vs raid tier armor. I'd rather have 3 raid tier art sets vs 12 generic dungeon quality looking art sets
    This is my take too. Greater variety is good but not at the cost of quality.

Wait, does that mean raiding Paladin sets will be identical to a raiding DK set? I guess I can see why they decided to drop tier set bonuses. Now they just draw one armor type and don't have to be worried about class balancing in regards to bonuses to boot.

This exp sounds more and more cheap with each new announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    So from what I listened to, not only that, but at least 6 different armor styles per armor type while leveling, possibly a different set per armor class in each dungeon each with raid tier quality to their design, sounds like we are getting more options with better quality. Not to mention the transmog options double, triple, or quadruple depending on what class you play. Sounds like a positive from a customization option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    This is my take too. Greater variety is good but not at the cost of quality.
    Read the summary and watch the video. "This is the first time that non class set armor will get the full high fidelity treatment. The additional 3D armor pieces and other details that go into the normal Tier sets will be applied to these new sets."

10+ Year Old Account
    While the usual gotta "wait and see" mantra applies, I do view this in somewhat negative light, because after how we had all this class identity streak going on, we suddenly go back 2 steps and not only undo much of that, but also end up with shared armor type models, as opposed to having class ones at least.

On top of that, the indication is that "sets" will be inspired by the places they are acquired from, which means that Troll raid will have this whole Troll vibe going on there and I am really not a fan of this at all.

In short, they better do some frikkin' huge ass shoulderpads this time around to compensate.

So druids, DH, rogs and monk are going to look the same.

Fuck class identity.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Wait, does that mean raiding Paladin sets will be identical to a raiding DK set? I guess I can see why they decided to drop tier set bonuses. Now they just draw one armor type and don't have to be worried about class balancing in regards to bonuses to boot.

This exp sounds more and more cheap with each new announcement.
    Still have to class balance since the Azerite will contain abilities and bonuses that were given by tier gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    So druids, DH, rogs and monk are going to look the same.

Fuck class identity.
    Not really since everyone pretty much mog their gear already.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Not really since everyone pretty much mog their gear already.
    That's not true. I'm currently having T21 but from PvP, because it looks nice. It's just lazy move from Blizzard art team.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That's not true. I'm currently having T21 but from PvP, because it looks nice. It's just lazy move from Blizzard art team.
    Warfront Alliance, Warfront Horde, T1R1 Cloth, T1R1 Leather, T1R1 Mail, T1R1 Plate, T1R2 Cloth, T1R2 Leather, T1R2 Mail, T1R2 Plate.

Only two less than a first tier split across two raids. Even if the warfront sets are just two sets and not cloth, leather mail and plate for Alliance and cloth, leather, mail and plate for Horde.

People are also missing the point. Most of the art team's time with gear has had to go into making the same warlocky, priesty, druidy etc sets again and again.

By doubling down on instance and location themed gear, instead of the two leather sets we got in Legion for 5-man dungeons, you might instead see a Goblin-themed set from Kezan, a Pirate set from Freehold, troll armor from Atal'dazar, spooky armor from waycrest manor, traditional fantasy human armor from Boralus, N'zoth cultist stuff from Shrine of the Storm, desert stuff from Temple of Selthraliss, etc, etc.

Not saying don't complain if there ends up being very limited armor, but this could potentially produce a lot more variety and a lot more armor sets than tiers.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-11-17 at 12:46 PM.

I don't find it to be lazy or anything and I wouldn't mind having 8 at all. Not everything needs to be excellent in both quality and quantity.