Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

As a good Poster do you find a lot of detractors?

I'm not a great example of course...even though I think all my posts are quality. Do you good guys find it true?

I do think you have a lot of detractors, but that it isn't a mark of quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    point taken. touche

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Connal is a solid poster, but his main detractor might be me and I count him as a friend and my detraction is born of pessimism.

My posts are a mix bag, I have a dedicated core the hates every single thing I post, and I have people who love it. I am not sure what to make of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Not consistent ones, but when I effort post I seem to get more detractors than when I drop a casual concern-troll.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Not consistent ones, but when I effort post I seem to get more detractors than when I drop a casual concern-troll.
    why do you think that is though?

A man judges himself by his enemies.

I think that's the quote.

Long as you aint too drunk you're not so bad.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly have a lot of detractors but hey, what you gonna do? It's not about popularity.

10+ Year Old Account
    what happened to your name tennis?

I dunno, I have over 6000 posts and not all of them random shitposts so I am sure I probably annoyed someone at some point in time but I don't really recognize any recurring names so its hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    why do you think that is though?
    If I post seriously about something it's usually because someone said something blatantly wrong so I will fact check it and more or less talk to them like they are 5 years old. That doesn't sit well with people.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I really don't view anyone here as detractor. Not even @Dextroden (hug).

We have different opinions... but in the end I think we all want ourselves, and others to be happy, and live a quality/dignified life... it's just a question of how we go about getting there.
    Everything I’ve ever said about you I believe is true. However now that you said that shit here I’m for sure your detractor.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Most of your posts are about being drunk and hitting on young girls at the bar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    If I post seriously about something it's usually because someone said something blatantly wrong so I will fact check it and more or less talk to them like they are 5 years old. That doesn't sit well with people.
    I need to be more patient and come across as less condescending. I realized that I do the same recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Connal is a solid poster.

Dear person I gave a hard time to for having a large amount of posts in a small amount of time,

I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm not a great example of course...even though I think all my posts are quality. Do you good guys find it true?
    You are the best of the best. I salute you, sir.

/salute
    Last edited by Rudkobing; 2017-11-18 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    Dear person I gave a hard time to for having a large amount of posts in a small amount of time,

I apologize.
    you are forgiven for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    You are the best of the best. I salute you, sir.

/salute
    aww shucks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's my moderator perspective tinting things, but I don't think there is any correlation between being a quality poster and having detractors. If there's any correlation there it's all, it's almost certainly the opposite: people that put out poor quality posts have very few fans, and those that might call themselves such are almost certainly coming from a it's-impossible-to-look-away-from-a-trainwreck lense and not that of genuine appreciation.

(that said, the inverse of that isn't really true, though; you can have a lot of detractors for ideological reasons and that doesn't mean you're a bad poster)

Being a good poster is about having quality, thoughtful posts that have effort put into them, and has points relayed in an eloquent and civil fashion. If someone does that, it's pretty much irrelevant whether I agree or disagree with whatever they are saying (within reason), I'd still consider them a "good" poster.

Conversely, if someone is condescending, hostile, or posts pointless garbage, I wouldn't consider them a good poster no matter how much I happened to agree with their points.

I think a big problem with the internet (and maybe society at large) is that we tend to overvalue agreement and undervalue quality of expression.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Your icon is really distracting. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A man judges himself by his enemies.
    There are plenty of quotations along this line. e.g., "If you hate it, don't you do it too?" Pearl Jam, was just on my playlist.

I personally only dislike a few people who post here. Mostly it's people trying to figure out life in a crazy world, and so am I. So, /highfive.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    (that said, the inverse of that isn't really true, though; you can have a lot of detractors for ideological reasons and that doesn't mean you're a bad poster)

Being a good poster is about having quality, thoughtful posts that have effort put into them, and has points relayed in an eloquent and civil fashion. If someone does that, it's pretty much irrelevant whether I agree or disagree with whatever they are saying (within reason), I'd still consider them a "good" poster.
    I think this is one of the greatest points: Beyond good and bad is the realization that neither might be wrong. This leads to one of the biggest "baits" to flame or getting personal. And as soon as one realizes this is about "opinion beating" it might be the best to just stop replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Most of your posts are about being drunk and hitting on young girls at the bar.
    Hehe and I thought Jayburner is mostly about being drunk while having to deal with his nephew & girlfriend that bring chaos in his household :P
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-11-18 at 12:26 AM.