Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why do some people react so rudely when you give them a compliment?

Why is it that a person would act rudely towards you when you walk up to them and make them a compliment, like that they are cute? Isn't this a big contradiction? Very often, people will just respond with "thank you", even if they then keep on walking, but sometimes you get very harsh reactions.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    MMO-Champion» Forum» World of Warcraft» General Discussions» Why do some people react so rudely when you give them a compliment?
    Oops, that was a mistake, please mods move this to off-topic.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-11-18 at 04:08 PM.

This explains a lot about you as a poster and as a person.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

You have 2 types of people

The ones that say Thank you

And the ones that say Fuck you

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champion» Forum» World of Warcraft» General Discussions» Why do some people react so rudely when you give them a compliment?

Deleted
    They are assuming that you wanna start a conversation or you like them 'sexually' like pickup.

Because people want to play a game, not listen to fake compliments from strangers in an on-line game. Also, such compliments often lead to weirdos trying to pick you up :P Then there are probably also people who want to look badass, not 'cute'.

While you may think you're just being nice, there's just too many ways you can misinterpret something like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post

Are we talking in World of Warcraft or irl...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Because people want to play a game, not listen to fake compliments from strangers in an on-line game. Also, such compliments often lead to weirdos trying to pick you up :P Then there are probably also people who want to look badass, not 'cute'.

While you may think you're just being nice, there's just too many ways you can misinterpret something like that.
    I didn't mean in the game, I just had the WoW forum open and didn't check.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Are we talking in World of Warcraft or irl...
    IRL

Some people perhaps are expecting something rude or even sarcastic, and have trouble differentiating when something is genuine and kind.
    Maybe they want to be defined by something else, instead of their looks being what people judge them for.

Or just some people are jerks because they enjoy being jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Saying "I love the way you carry the excess weight" isn't really a compliment though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Why is it that a person would act rudely towards you when you walk up to them and make them a compliment, like that they are cute? Isn't this a big contradiction? Very often, people will just respond with "thank you", even if they then keep on walking, but sometimes you get very harsh reactions.
    Like? Who are you? Go away? Why are you in my house?

10+ Year Old Account
    No problemo mate :-)

I didn't mean in the game, I just had the WoW forum open and didn't check.

IRL
    Well if you approached me randomly in the street and said I was cute, I would be suspicious of you, because that is unusual behavior. At least where I live, that is not done. So I figure you're angling for something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Maybe they want to be defined by something else, instead of their looks being what people judge them for.
    But how would you do this if you don't know the person.. It's only possible to judge a person by their look at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    You have 2 types of people

The ones that say Thank you

And the ones that say Fuck you
    There's a third:

The ones who say "Thank fuck."

We need details. Who did you walk up to, what did you say and what was their reaction?

Sounds as if you come across as a creep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Well if you approached me randomly in the street and said I was cute, I would be suspicious of you, because that is unusual behavior. At least where I live, that is not done. So I figure you're angling for something.
    People react like this even when at a club or bar.

I don't complement strangers nor see any reason to. My pet peeve is assholes that don't say thank you while you hold doors open but then I just slam the door shut on them and keep it moving. In the end the human race get shittier and shittier as time goes on.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"