Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    You're very anti-social, we get it.
    Am I? Is it unreasonable to not be bothered by strangers when I have better things to do then waste time with idle chit chat? If you’re out in public looking to find friends you’re going to look pathetic at best and suspicious at worst to plenty of people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Yes, it can be. People on the street usually just go from point a to point b, they just want to go about their business
    WRONG. They sometimes want to get from A to B. Sometimes they are waiting somewhere and are bored. Even if they are walking the streets, when they are getting home from work, they are bored as fuck, and they enjoy a nice conversation before they go home to their boring place where they will eat noodle soup and watch netflix all alone.

One of my first dates was with a girl I approached right as she walked out from her workplace and to her car. Another one was with a girl who picked up icecream in a store. Yeah, sometimes they just wanna shop and sometimes they are interested in you. That's why you talk to them, to find out. I have gotten numbers at conventions, in stores, on the street, in clubs, in shops and even eating in the canteen of my university. Recently a girl told me that when I started a conversation with her there, she thought it was really cool, and she hates it when people will sit across from you and eat their meal without talking to you, because she thinks it's weird for people to sit at the same table eating food and not talking to each other.

Too late for that. I have almost all my numbers from there. I hate clubs.
    You hate venues where people go to socialize and meet new people?

It's kind of sad, some people can't take a compliment. :-( I get it if it's a random stranger, it's kind of creepy, yet someone saying you are beautiful or cute. You get mad at?

/sigh

/absorbed into the Light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Honestly if you were single I think you and Anduin would make a nice couple. You would do each other good.
    I like blondes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Am I? Is it unreasonable to not be bothered by strangers when I have better things to do then waste time with idle chit chat? If you’re out in public looking to find friends you’re going to look pathetic at best and suspicious at worst to plenty of people.
    Not really, but if trying to make friends with you is a sign of being pathetic, then it's great you put that on record here. Although personally as someone who is actually an introvert who finds Anduins approach or aggressive approaches off putting.

That has more to do with ME and less than them, so I am not likely going to go ahead and try to pretend it is or try to treat them like shit, anymore than I like when someone who happens to be more aggressive or an extrovert will sometimes make the same kind of pronouncements about me, and not themselves.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taedae View Post
    OP: you asked why people are turned off by your compliments.
    No.

I asked

Why do some people react so rudely when you give them a compliment?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like blondes.
    Shame on you!

Honestly, this topic is asinine. Each person is going to react to strangers in their own way. Not one person here is going to be able to guarantee any particular way to interact will work on any stranger. Only thing you can reliably count on is that most females are going to be put off by a strange males first interaction is about how they look. Why? Because, frankly, females don't feel completely safe around strange males who are staring at their bodies. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. Biology is what it is.

Worst I've gotten is no response. I'm assuming OP is talking of whichever sex he/she/it is attracted to, so I'll leave some knowledge (on women, as I'm a straight man)

Imagine that you have nice hair, you love the shit out of your hair, but every time you show your face in public, you get bombarded with compliments from every direction. After so long, you will most likely pay no mind, because hey, you know that your hair is killer, and you don't need everyone everyday telling you that. It gets fuckin annoying (I get this with my tattoos, yeah they're cool, thanks bye)

That's what most girls go through for just being... girls. "You're cute", or "you're pretty" becomes a nagging, biting phrase that they hear 24/7 from every swinging dick that crosses paths with them. So you can see why you got such an answer, but that's not the whole story...

Bottom line, If they are interested in you at all, you can expect pull, but if they're not interested, don't write a post on MMO-Champion about it, take your L and have sympathy, being a girl is fucking tough mate.

WRONG. They sometimes want to get from A to B. Sometimes they are waiting somewhere and are bored. Even if they are walking the streets, when they are getting home from work, they are bored as fuck, and they enjoy a nice conversation before they go home to their boring place where they will eat noodle soup and watch netflix all alone.

One of my first dates was with a girl I approached right as she walked out from her workplace and to her car. Another one was with a girl who picked up icecream in a store. Yeah, sometimes they just wanna shop and sometimes they are interested in you. That's why you talk to them, to find out. I have gotten numbers at conventions, in stores, on the street, in clubs, in shops and even eating in the canteen of my university. Recently a girl told me that when I started a conversation with her there, she thought it was really cool, and she hates it when people will sit across from you and eat their meal without talking to you, because she thinks it's weird for people to sit at the same table eating food and not talking to each other.
    Which part of 'usually' was difficult to understand? The other part of the problem is obviously yourself. You say contradictory things, act like a PUA, talk like one, and then occasionally mentions finding a girlfriend because you're lonely. Your current behaviour that can be gleened from this (and previous) thread(s), is that you will stay that way because of it.

You act in a way that doesn't incentivize anyone for a long-standing relationship. You act creepy to people other than the ones who're into platonic relations themselves, or unless you get obscenely lucky. And I mean obscenely lucky.

You're treating it as a sort of hunting trip. Approaching girls (not women, girls), using strategy. Just. Talk. Like a human being to another human being.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's at so and so place, bye and good luck!
    Sometimes that happens. Sometimes people are actually nice and you talk. Are people not like that where you live?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Honestly, this topic is asinine. Each person is going to react to strangers in their own way. Not one person here is going to be able to guarantee any particular way to interact will work on any stranger. Only thing you can reliably count on is that most females are going to be put off by a strange males first interaction is about how they look. Why? Because, frankly, females don't feel completely safe around strange males who are staring at their bodies. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. Biology is what it is.
    No, this has nothing to do with that random factoid.

Deleted
    Is it the way I'm saying the word cute? Please teach me the right way to do it, and how to not be creepy, person with hentai images in your signature.
    How should I know?
    You know that about them huh? Weird. :thinking:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    Worst I've gotten is no response. I'm assuming OP is talking of whichever sex he/she/it is attracted to, so I'll leave some knowledge (on women, as I'm a straight man)

Imagine that you have nice hair, you love the shit out of your hair, but every time you show your face in public, you get bombarded with compliments from every direction. After so long, you will most likely pay no mind, because hey, you know that your hair is killer, and you don't need everyone everyday telling you that. It gets fuckin annoying (I get this with my tattoos, yeah they're cool, thanks bye)

That's what most girls go through for just being... girls. "You're cute", or "you're pretty" becomes a nagging, biting phrase that they hear 24/7 from every swinging dick that crosses paths with them. So you can see why you got such an answer, but that's not the whole story...

Bottom line, If they are interested in you at all, you can expect pull, but if they're not interested, don't write a post on MMO-Champion about it, take your L and have sympathy, being a girl is fucking tough mate.
    I think an attractive person can take it all in stride, and yeah I can imagine being told the same tired line by the uptenth person in say a bar, club or everyday walking down the street and being attractive could be annoying.

I also don't think anybody is obligated to being as nice to others and other people want them to be.

But that being said, it is what it is, if someone is giving a compliment that isn't asked for in the wrong place or setting so be it. However if you are in a clue or whatever, maybe if someone does compliment you, it doesn't have to blow you over, but maybe just consider where you are and react accordingly.

Not everybody who says you are pretty may even know what they are talking about or just trying to get in your pants, but on the same line everybody who insults you that doesn't know you the same.

I would say just being decent to people is underrated over all.

Deleted
    There's nothing anti-social about not wanting to be bothered by complete strangers when you're out doing your daily business.
    "There's nothing antisocial about not wanting to talk to people."

Of course they are complete strangers. Most people in the world are strangers. That's how people get friends. By talking to strangers.

I swear, this generation...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taedae View Post
    I am confused as to how you don't see why women would immediately assume you are trying to get into their pants?
    I'm not saying men are not interested in sex. I'm saying why assume "only sex". Men like cuddling, and making out and holding hands too. I enjoy long walks on the beach.

Of course it's about a romantic relationship, but sex is only part of that, you pessimist.

That's how people get friends. By talking to strangers.
    There are places people go to be social and make friends. Just like there are places people go to shop for what they need. Just like there are places people go to have their items serviced. Just like there are places people go to do their jobs. Go to the places people go to be social and make friends and you will find more people willing to chat with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Not really, but if trying to make friends with you is a sign of being pathetic, then it's great you put that on record here. Although personally as someone who is actually an introvert who finds Anduins approach or aggressive approaches off putting.

That has more to do with ME and less than them, so I am not likely going to go ahead and try to pretend it is or try to treat them like shit, anymore than I like when someone who happens to be more aggressive or an extrovert will sometimes make the same kind of pronouncements about me, and not themselves.
    Yeah if I don’t have any idea who you are you’re like “let’s be friends!” To me out of the blue when I’m walking to work then I want absolutely nothing to do with you. If you’re at a bar or party and you strike up an actual conversation with me then that’s a totally different story.

Sometimes that happens. Sometimes people are actually nice and you talk. Are people not like that where you live?
    No? Why would they talk to a complete stranger if they don't have to? I rarely see anyone here strike up a conversation unless they already know the person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Hit on women in your own league, if your a 4 hit on women who are 4's.

When you hit on an 9 when you're a 4 it's like telling the 9 girl you think you're worthy of dating her, it's an insult.
    Except you can be a 5, making a compliment to another 5 and still get a bitchy reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

House party, bars/clubs, festivals and such things.
    Where women will react even harsher to compliments because their guard is up.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not cute nor good looking.
    You need to get your eyes checked.