Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Will warlocks and mages be half the population of classic?

I hope there won't be hundreds of thousands of mages and warlocks in classic given that people have gotten used to convenience in retail wow. Portals, summons, water/food, cc, pet tank for locks, dot and run ez mode pvp if you're affliction, soulstone...etc etc.

Deleted
    Warlocks are mushrooms

Why would Warlocks be highly played? That makes no sense at all. Maybe you're the one being too used to current WoW rather than the people you're trying to look down on?

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I hope there won't be hundreds of thousands of mages and warlocks in classic given that people have gotten used to convenience in retail wow. Portals, summons, water/food, cc, pet tank for locks, dot and run ez mode pvp if you're affliction, soulstone...etc etc.
    Warlocks? Haha! Good one.

I don't really understand the comments in reply here, but yes all the pure DPS classes will be HEAVILY played. Warrior will also be heavily played too. You'll see tons of Mages, Rogues, Warlocks, Hunters and Warriors, but its not that big of a deal. There are only so many options in Classic so its bound to happen this way right?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Rogues + Warriors will be 50-60% for sure.

As someone who played a warlock during vanilla...no..warlocks will not be the most played. Besides druids, warlock were one of the most complicated classes to play back in vanilla..
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

Wasn't Warrior the only viable tank back then? Should be played a lot due to that.

That's what I was told.

7+ Year Old Account
    This thread makes me want to play a lock, was honestly planning to play warrior/rogue since that's what I've always played :P
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Warlock's not heavily played in Vanilla

Warlocks?

Two words; Soul Shards.

I am fairly certain there will be a lot of people playing those hybrids specs just to see if they were really unplayable.

Warlocks will be one of the lesser represented classes for sure, but there will be plenty of them.
    (not to mention all the WL alts in tryhard guilds)

They are amongst the few classes where T0, T1, T2 and T3 actually all look good.

Forgot Priest, lots of healers will be priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    if all of this is true then
    i'm going to be getting so much honour on my reckoning specialization paladin
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

I want to relive the good old times, and that includes questing on my Druid who took 2 minutes to kill a green level 12 spider. Entangling roots and wrath spam, good times.

I am going to play disc/holy priest. Because Inner fire used to give you Armour and Attack Power. So much so that you could beat a rogue to death in melee while only ever casting a few heals
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkh View Post
    I am going to play disc/holy priest. Because Inner fire used to give you Armour and Attack Power. So much so that you could beat a rogue to death in melee while only ever casting a few heals
    lolz bad rogues/ungeared ones maybe, but normally a priest(healer) vs rogue ends up with priest dead in a stunlock unable to do anything, shadow had some chances on killing the rogue thanks to random stuns from talents that adds chance of stuning when dealing shadow damage.... a hunter thats different, a hunter can kill a rogue without problems, warriors usually eat rogues for breakfast(only dangerous rogue with same level of gear and skill for a warrior are combat ones and popping all cds) and palys rekt rogues with hammer of justice + reckoning bomb
    Last edited by azkhane; 2017-11-19 at 06:46 PM.

Mages for portals/food an locks for summon will be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I don't really understand the comments in reply here, but yes all the pure DPS classes will be HEAVILY played. Warrior will also be heavily played too. You'll see tons of Mages, Rogues, Warlocks, Hunters and Warriors, but its not that big of a deal. There are only so many options in Classic so its bound to happen this way right?
    Not even close, Mages, hunters and rogues will be the only dps classes worth bringing. Maybe a warlock here and there for summons but If you want to dps you will either roll a hunter, mage or rogue. Druid, warrior, priest, and warlocks were all mediocre to awful at dps.