Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I think it's kinda ironic... Because now he's going to prove him right.
    Yup, I think this was precisely his plan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    This is literally the first somewhat convincing QoL begging post I ever red. Maybe you are kind of right. But it is f-king precedent. Do it and floodgates are open. I’m not totally onboard but I definitely feel your pain. And you are definitely not a troll (unlike 80% of others).
    I hope you realize most people asking for this are not trolls, just people all with different opinions on how to improve the game ever so slightly to suit them just a little bit better.
    I have quite a big group of my old friends and guildies going into Classic when its finally here and all of them have been on private servers etc. All of them want different small QoL things. Mass looting, some changes to specs they want to play (ret pally being actually decent), healers being able to farm as someone already said and even free respecs instead of spending all your gold if you are a tank or a healer on respecs. Just small things to give them a better experience.

Who are you to decide what they can and cannot want and who are you to decide they are trolling or not?
    You're just one person just like they are. Their voice deserves to be heared just as much as yours.

Now I personally don't agree with them, I am not a classic community member on private servers because I just disagree with private servers. Which is fine. Now that Blizzard is making it them selfs I will be playing classic but I personally don't want any changes from how it used to be. So no QoL stuff. But thats my personal opinion on the matter. That doesn't make me a troll just like it doesn't make them one.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that the business case for Classic has very little to do with how much money it makes directly. Even if it runs at a loss (which I suspect it will) it still justifies its existence by the good will it buys with players and ensuring that those players stay within the Blizzard stable rather than wander off to try pirate servers list Nostalrius.

Also, Classic might get some old players to come back and try it out, and while they're here get back into BfA.

People need to stop fantasizing that Classic is going to be bigger than WoW proper. Give it six months in and we'll see how many people are still playing it compared to a shiny new expansion. It will be a tiny fraction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I believe that the business case for Classic has very little to do with how much money it makes directly. Even if it runs at a loss (which I suspect it will) it still justifies its existence by the good will it buys with players and ensuring that those players stay within the Blizzard stable rather than wander off to try pirate servers list Nostalrius.

Also, Classic might get some old players to come back and try it out, and while they're here get back into BfA.

People need to stop fantasizing that Classic is going to be bigger than WoW proper. Give it six months in and we'll see how many people are still playing it compared to a shiny new expansion. It will be a tiny fraction.
    What does it matter? Its coming and its going to be there for the people that enjoy it. It doesn't matter how many people play it as Blizzard said they would support it no matter what?

Like why do we need so much hostility on these forums constantly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Yup, I think this was precisely his plan.
    To prove a point, or realize that good will and client fidelity through classic wow release will yield goes in blizzard's benefit for what it will be a small investment, even if it runs at a loss. It's well invested marketing money.

Or do you think he is some sort of cartoon villain pulling the strings just so he can say "i told you so" in the future?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    What does it matter? Its coming and its going to be there for the people that enjoy it. It doesn't matter how many people play it as Blizzard said they would support it no matter what?
    My point has relevance to the OP. It creates a rationale for supporting the dichotomy that Blizzard can be both believe that most people don't actually really want it (or won't once they start playing it) yet still decided to go ahead and implement Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Like why do we need so much hostility on these forums constantly?
    Hey I wasn't being hostile. But you sure seem to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    If you followed these discussions, you know that is precisely the one purpose they have.
    I do follow those discussions. And that is precisely what I wrote in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    ...i find it offensive and disrespectful to whole WoW community, especially those who wanted legacy servers...
    You claim to know what Classic is going to be like and that others who are asking for QoL changes shouldn't play Classic because it is too hard for them. Right after you find offense at a comment some guy made. I don't need some thin skinned nerd who is only out to take offense at nothing speaking for me. I was there kid. I did Vanilla and I did private servers. Some QoL might be needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    The threads asking for changes to vanilla is a testament to that statement.
    Qft.

You think you do, but you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Blizzard has always come up with "good reasons" as to why they do certain things... just like AP you grind is not spec wide, but spec specific...
    Ugh. This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Can't even explain AP properly. Why would anyone listen to what he has to say about Vanilla which this guy clearly knows nothing about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Nope, I played Vanilla, specifically as a healer, that's why I'm campaigning for free talent resets (spec swap) (still only at class trainers). Being a healer is just outright punishing in Vanilla. I'm on the fence of even bothering, I'm 50/50 currently, there's literally one thing I never achieved in vanilla, and that was Naxx, I did some of Naxx, but I didn't "beat" Naxx, I'd love to go back and beat it now. That's all that's really there for me, all the friends I made still play, I'm in the same social guild I was in then, I still have 1 toon off in a raiding guild so that I can play endgame, of which I've conquered all of the end game PVE content since TBC. There is ONE raid in the history of this game I have not completed, and I never will if the game is exactly as it was.

That one change is what will be the deciding factor for me, playing a tank or a healer and you encounter the exact same issue, it takes 4 times longer to achieve anything and I don't find any interest in DPSing, So if I played, I'd be stuck in the same rut I was before, the difference is I know I don't have to tolerate the terrible game design of 13 years ago, because WoW today is so much more accepting of peoples real world time commitments, it was OK back then because I was a no-lifer teenager. Now I'm a adult with a home and a family, I've not got time for that ridiculous shit anymore.

-- You should drink between mobs, you should die if you pull 3 mobs, you should have to work to attune to raids.
    -- You SHOULD NOT be forced into farming for 4x longer because your a healer, or having to fork out hundreds of gold most days to respec and save yourself some pain. The endgame needs healers, I think it will genuinely be a problem in the endgame if it's the same as it was because nowhere near as many people will tolerate it as they did before.

Aside from that one, very minor thing, I'd want it to be 99.9% pure Vanilla.
    I'm OK with reducing the price of respecs, even by a huge margin. But there ought to be a sort of CD for respeccing, say 1 hour or so, in order to prevent continuous spec flip flop from tryhard raid leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Ugh. This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Can't even explain AP properly. Why would anyone listen to what he has to say about Vanilla which this guy clearly knows nothing about.
    So cute. I could have written it a bit more clearly... but you got the gist... and it apparently stings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    They don't need MORE server people, nor MORE CSRs... they already HAVE a large support base.
    Yup...because you've been in the gaming industry for how many decades? How many MMOs have you ran?

No point in arguing with you I guess...going by your sig you're already out of touch with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yup...because you've been in the gaming industry for how many decades? How many MMOs have you ran?

No point in arguing with you I guess...going by your sig you're already out of touch with reality.
    I've been in IT Project Management for nearly 2 decades... does that count? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that there are many of us that just thought that given Blizzards previous statements regarding Classic that we thought it was no point trying to argue for it since they said it was not gonna happen. But now that it is happening we suddenly dont have a say in it? I can live with that but if they are gonna take from the money I contribute from my retailsub and develop a game that is gonna be included in THAT subscription then you better damn well just accept that i will voice my opinion REGARDLESS what they are and you can argue against them or agree but dont try to tell me what i want or dont want.

If there will be a separate sub on it THEN you can say that those that opt into that would have more say in it. But at the end of the day it is Blizz that decides what its gonna be like and i think as they have said that it will be as close to the real thing they can make it, and that is fine by me. But im not gonna go and say "your opinion is not valid since you did not meet MY standards of fighting for it".

Also please dont say that all the people that want some or another QoL are just trolls or "haters", im sure some are perhaps even many of them. But could it not be that it is many of them that got wind of "They are gonna relase Vanilla servers" and thought "Wow that is awesome never thought that would happen let me check it out and give input"

I mean comeon what would be the problem with connected Flightpaths? REALLY?
    Your sub does not directly contribute to the development of classic servers. You don't know where your money goes. Your money might go 100% to BFA, 100% to classic, 50/50. Hell, it could go to overwatch development, thats not how it works.
    There are people who have fought for this shit for years. This is their thing. You can't just suddenly jump in and say "I want this, I want that" and ruin it for the people who actually fought for it and got what they wanted.

Lets say I ask mom for weeks for that one dish we used to eat all the time. She always says no. For years, she says no.
    Then one day she's finally is going to make it. Im so glad. So fucking glad.

This is where you come in. My evil sister. You're a grown girl. You can get your own food if you want. You got drive by mcdonalds, your favorite food, if you want.
    But no, you want to eat with us on that day that my favorite meal of all time will be prepared. Just when mom says she's going to make that dish, you spew around what you want added to it and ruin the dish i've longed for, for years.

This weird example I gave is what is going on with people demanding changes to vanilla. Fucking don't. Don't ruin something other people fought for, for years.
    If you want changes to vanilla, play retail instead.

Thank you very much.

If you followed these discussions, you know that is precisely the one purpose they have.
    Its because the opinions of a bunch of drifters does not really matter. This movement has been going on for about 3 years now. The community and Blizzard already have the data, the private server numbers dont lie. People will play 1.12 as it was and the number of players involved was enough to get Blizzard to finally give official legacy servers the go ahead. They gave the Nostalrius team the royal treatment for a reason.

So they know 1.12 works but all of these people who could care less about vanilla have their own unique list of changes. Find two people with the same list, you wont, changes wont make anyone happy and if they lean too close to retail its just going to fragment that community anyway. Blizzard probably does not plan to run two MMOs at once, so once the content gets stale then what? Whats the point of making a ton of changes to a game that is over a decade old thats not supposed to receive updates just so some plebs who dont give a shit one way or another can still quit before level 60? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Its because the opinions of a bunch of drifters does not really matter. This movement has been going on for about 3 years now. The community and Blizzard already have the data, the private server numbers dont lie. People will play 1.12 as it was and the number of players involved was enough to get Blizzard to finally give official legacy servers the go ahead. They gave the Nostalrius team the royal treatment for a reason.

So they know 1.12 works but all of these people who could care less about vanilla have their own unique list of changes. Find two people with the same list, you wont, changes wont make anyone happy and if they lean too close to retail its just going to fragment that community anyway. Blizzard probably does not plan to run two MMOs at once, so once the content gets stale then what? Whats the point of making a ton of changes to a game that is over a decade old thats not supposed to receive updates just so some plebs who dont give a shit one way or another can still quit before level 60? No thanks.
    Kind of you to frankly admit how little value you place on a civilised, informed debate, although I am not entirely certain what do you mean by certain words. Like what does having no fixed home or job with having a right to an opinion?

And, well, of course, I could care less because I care. (It is amazing what number of people gets that phrase wrong regularly.)

Also, running two MMOs is exactly what Blizzard is planning, because Classic will be a different game than retail.

Kind of you to frankly admit how little value you place on a civilised, informed debate, although I am not entirely certain what do you mean by certain words. Like what does having no fixed home or job with having a right to an opinion?

And, well, of course, I could care less because I care. (It is amazing what number of people gets that phrase wrong regularly.)

Also, running two MMOs is exactly what Blizzard is planning, because Classic will be a different game than retail.
    Ok why dont we sit here and ponder for the next 10 years why Thrall and Onyxia are not in Mario Kart? WoW classic is vanilla WoW. You want some changes? Ok, well so do I, so does my brother, and his two friends, and those posters on MMOC and the guys on reddit... Yea, lets compare lists and see what sort of unholy peice of shit it turns out to be. This is not legos or a set of play-doh. Its a game and it requires a vision. One you cant achieve when your trying to pander to everyone on earth at once.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    Lets make servers for all of those changes. 1 server for faster fly paths, 1 server with dual spec, 1 server for class balancing, 1 server without a debuff limit, 1 server that has none of it and 1 server that has all of it. Oh and 1 server that has all patches from start, and none of the patches from start etc etc etc ...

Just no ... Vanilla = Vanilla. Deal with it
    I can deal perfectly with just a copy of the old Vanilla and be extremely happy with it, however, this is a discussion and I should be free to post my opinions which I have done so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So basically: "You think you do, but you don't."
    I see what you did there. But no the truth is I would be very happy with just a copy and paste of the original Vanilla. However, since this is a forum and we're having a conversation I am simply stating that if Blizzard is going to make any changes then the changes I listed would be the ones I'd like. Keep in mind they are all very minimal and revolve around QoL changes.