182 50.98%
  • You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want QoL changes/balances

22 6.16%
  • You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want "pure" Classic

88 24.65%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I am subbed atm. I don't want any changes to Legacy, other than bug/exploit fixes and (optional) graphics updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been subbed since about December, but I'm totally looking forward to the release of the Classic servers. I'm completely for the full experience again, bugs and all, but I wouldn't bat an eyelash at HD graphics and b.net integration.

Very excited about the Legacy Servers

I don't understand people who want QoL changes. Go and play main game then...

On the other hand, I don't understand why some changes aren't welcome... First of all, bug fixes, login queues and etc. should be improved. Why on earth would you want to wait 2 hours to log in? Are some of you crazy?

The changes I wouldn't mind are graphics changes. I always hated how Tauren cats looked like and in general new models would be welcome as well.
    Something I loved in recent expansions were the visuals of spells. Glyph of Chain heal on Shaman made me roll shaman, together with Healing Rain spell... I hate yellowish looking chain heal.

Also, making some professions more useful, like fishing and others, would be welcome addition. Farming mats for Spidersilk boots or other blue items in that range, were nice and if blizzard adds 1 or 2 more items for each profession will be decent.

And finally, I would not mind few more class quests. As warrior, warlock and mage, you almost always have class quest in quest log. As priest, you get nothing from level 5 to level 53. I think it would enrich he game experience...

Apart from this, I hate any QoL changes. Even summoning stones are terrible, at the moment warlocks are being asked to be slaves to summoners of others. Later we will see: "hey I am doing quests, mind running there for 2 hours, while I finish my quests?" - definition of a douchebag...

I play on private servers and the only changes from these I'd like to see in Blizz Classic are

lower respec cost cap of 5g
    ability to cap your XP for twinking
    increased raid boss damage and health

What about alternative content? How far does QOL meta go? Bag filter or LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for the first option but purely cos of QoL not balance. Keep all classes the same game play wise but make some changes that really don't matter that much - such as stacking soul shards, 2H Mace spec for Enhance Shamans not resetting weapon skill every time you reset talents, not having to click every flight master (I don't know why they even had this??).

Oh and perhaps new models/textures for those who want them.

Some things about vanilla WoW were just objectively badly designed compared to what we have now. If they don't fix the AH/mailboxes themselves the first thing I'll do is go digging to see if the old addons for those things still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by metamodernist View Post
    What about alternative content? How far does QOL meta go? Bag filter or LFR?
    People keep bringing up LFR but I've never once seen someone actually suggest that. We all know that would impact "the social experience" too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Im really starting to see a pattern here. The guys who spat on the thought of vanilla at the time of nost are trying to worm back into the fold to get as much current retail as possible into vanilla.
    This is my impression as well.

i font see why this shouldn't be included in the current subscription

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    And they still insist on posting here even though they have no interest in vanilla and push their superior live game attitude in everyone's faces.

Rorcanna is the biggest culprit here. She should be banned permanently from this forum.
    Cuts both ways, though, people who repeatedly trash-talk the live game on the current and BfA forums would equally need to be perma-banned from those forums, and that would be a huge number of people, some of whom do actually play the live game.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Yes, but she's one of those notorious anti-legacy people who likes to obnoxiously display a signature and location text with how superior the game is right now. She needs to fuck off already.
    You know there are MULTIPLE people, like Muadib, who do precisely the same thing, only pro-Classic, right? Like the sad-funny thing with the population curves of BfA vs Classic as a massive sig. If you're happy with ALL those people being banned from the appropriate forums (presuming this BBS allows specific forum bans), then I'd very much agree.

Personally I'm excited by Classic but also kind of concerned that people are too obsessed with their own specific visions of what it was, when the reality will inevitably include some sorts of compromises.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I haven't been subbed since about December, but I'm totally looking forward to the release of the Classic servers. I'm completely for the full experience again, bugs and all, but I wouldn't bat an eyelash at HD graphics and b.net integration.
    exactly where i am with it.

Do. Not. Touch. Gameplay.

It depends on what you define as QoL.

I'm fine with base classic, it's tedious but enjoyable.

I don't see much of an issue with AoE looting, clearing out a mining vein in one go, some better interface options, graphical updates, etc. (inb4 "das not classic")
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Do. Not. Touch. Gameplay.

I am subbed currently, though feel like I might drop the sub soon until the level scaling comes in. Still going to come back for BfA for sure, and for Classic. I don't want changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    WoW since 3.3 in a nutshell

(yes I'm a no dungeon finder person)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Note: My answer is based on I have an active subscription and don't want them to waste resources trying to balance something that we know was broken.

I'm actively subbed. I'd play it either way, but for me it's like this:

Classic WoW untouched aside from QoL issues > Classic WoW untouched aside from bug fixes > Classic W/O Bug Fixes >>>>>>>>>>>>>> No Classic Wow

As someone who played at the end of vanilla, but didn't even hit 40 before TBC dropped, I just want to be able to do the content that I missed back then which seemed epic. As someone who is now almost 30 with all of the IRL requirements which come with that, the QoL things would make me more able to experience it.

(when I say QoL, I mean things like AoE loot, linked flight points, more graveyards (fuck the 5 minute corpse run to RFK), bigger stacks, LFG tool to co-ordinate groups (NOT LFD!!), restriction to only people on your server. Nothing like Class balance/cheaper/free respecs/etc etc) Basically any of the stuff which decreases the time which I need to spend doing stuff which, although part of the vanilla experience, didn't add anything to the game. That's my view, based on how I get to play the game now. Appreciate others have different opinions.

Have an active sub and would like very minor quality of life changes.

- Bug fixes for things like Reckoning Bomb 1 shotting raid bosses. C'thun not overtuned for 5 months. Zul'Gurub Virus bug never happening again.
    - Better game settings. Back then the game was locked to a really shitty scale. And the game options menu was horrible. Would like it to work on widescreen monitors.
    - Very small in-game QoL changes such as Shaman gear not dropping for alliance. Mounts being able to jump. Flight paths being able to take you further than the next point where you have to refly to the next one.

I wouldn't mind MINOR balancing to the characters, enough for the casual plebs to stop complaining, also as far as graphics go why not both? if I can chose an option that doesn't effect you why do you care? their is low graphic setting for you to, I enjoy my ultra thank you very much. NO LFR, NO LFG. To ME Vanilla was about the community not the actual game play