Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Illegal immigrants “ambushed” two U.S. Border Patrol agents near the border

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/20...ore-death.html

Illegal immigrants appeared to have “ambushed” two U.S. Border Patrol agents near the Texas border with Mexico and bashed their heads with blunt objects -- possibly rocks -- killing one agent and sending another to a hospital in serious condition Sunday, a National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) official told Fox News.

Rogelio Martinez, 36, was killed and another agent, who has not been identified, was injured while they were patrolling the Big Bend Sector, leading authorities to scour West Texas for the attackers, officials said. Although few details about the incident have been released, Brandon Judd, the president of the NBPC, told Fox News on Monday it appeared Martinez and the second agent were “ambushed” by a group of illegal immigrants.

“We don’t know exactly what happened because we weren’t there. However, just from agents that were working in the area, reports are saying it was an attack and it would appear to be an ambush,” Judd said.

He added: “There’s a high likelihood this was an assault on the agents.”

rogelio_martinez

Rogelio Martinez, 36, was killed while patrolling the Big Bend Sector in Texas. (Facebook)

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has offered a reward of up to $20,000 "for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible" for the attack.

Judd said Martinez died of blunt force trauma to the head, indicating the attackers most likely used a rock or rocks during the assault. The second agent also suffered blunt force trauma to the head. The area surrounding where the attack occurred also indicated rocks were likely used as weapons. An FBI official also said that, counter to initial reports, neither agent was shot.

“There were no indications the agents fired their weapons,” Judd said, citing accounts he received from agents who responded to the incident. He also said there were no signs of a stabbing.

“There’s a high likelihood this was an assault on the agents.”
    - Brandon Judd
    Martinez was notified there was illegal immigrant traffic in the area while the agents were patrolling near Interstate 10, in the Van Horn Station area, according to Judd. He began following “footprints” on a trail when the attack occurred. U.S. Customs and Border Protection said in a news release that Martinez's partner made the initial call for help and reported they were injured and needed assistance.

Judd said details remained foggy on what led to the ambush and the FBI was investigating the incident.

Judd did not further comment on the second agent’s condition.

Martinez was from El Paso and had worked as a border agent since August 2013, assigned to the Big Bend Sector. He was also a father and brother, KFOX14 reported.

Border Patrol records showed the agency's Big Bend sector, which includes the area where Sunday's attack took place, accounted for about 1 percent of the more than 61,000 apprehensions its agents made along the Southwest border between October 2016 and May 2017. The region's mountains make it a difficult area for people to cross illegally into the U.S. from Mexico.

The Border Patrol website lists 38 agents, not including Martinez, who have died since late 2003 — some attacked while working along the border and others killed in traffic accidents. Martinez is the second agent to have died this year.

President Trump tweeted Sunday night: "Border Patrol Officer killed at Southern Border, another badly hurt. We will seek out and bring to justice those responsible. We will, and must, build the Wall!"
    Could a wall have prevented this great mans death?

Deleted
    I have certain doubts that people willing to kill others, is going to be particularly easily stopped by a mere wall.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not since walls are only a deterrent, determine criminals such as these probably woulda have got through it anyway and still attacked the boarder guards.
    Hope they find these scum And drop the full weight of the law on them

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

Much of west Texas already has a wall. Just more proof it's a useless political ploy to rile up the ignorant base.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

Those immigrants just wanted to go work on some farm somewhere!

Many things could have prevented it, including the guard not sucking at his job. I hear immigrants are willing to get training for jobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is this the event to which an official has suggested the patrolmen fell down a ravine while checking on a triggered sensor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worvon View Post
    Much of west Texas already has a wall. Just more proof it's a useless political ploy to rile up the ignorant base.
    Not really its a fence and it has gaps all over and it doesnt cover much of the boarder at all.

Better question is whether paying attention and doing the job competently would have prevented two heavily armed men on specific lookout for border-hoppers from being assaulted and overcome by people with *rocks*.

You could build as high as high a wall as you want and incompetence would still let people over/under/through.

Curious has how we're sure they are immigrants and not drug runners. Thing with walls are people find away to get past them.

Perhaps better training, better equipment, and more well trained/screen agents would have allowed for a better outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I find it hilarious that people are mocking their training when you know literally nothing about the situation. I imagine the outcry if they had actually fired and killed the border hoppers would be "How dare those officers with guns murder a group of unarmed peaceful immigrants!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    I find it hilarious that people are mocking their training when you know literally nothing about the situation. I imagine the outcry if they had actually fired and killed the border hoppers would be "How dare those officers with guns murder a group of unarmed peaceful immigrants!!"
    Border guards are all criminals. They are all rapists. And some are good people.

my magic 8 all says DOUBTFUL.

I love watching the OP get more radicalized and nationalistic by the day. There's so many people just like him, buying into the brainwashing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Curious has how we're sure they are immigrants and not drug runners. Thing with walls are people find away to get past them.

Perhaps better training, better equipment, and more well trained/screen agents would have allowed for a better outcome.
    Wouldn't drug runners likely have real weapons and not improvised ones? Looks like some panic reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Wouldn't drug runners likely have real weapons and not improvised ones? Looks like some panic reaction.
    Not always, not all drug runners I would guess are stone cold armed to the teeth killers. Could be panic reaction, though an ambush doesn't sound like an panic reaction to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

These things are more examples of our "the other" issue than anything else.

Americans murdering Americans happens hundreds of times a day and nothing is said.

As soon as an illegal murders someone, holy shit guys, end of the world. Nevermind that immigrant murder is the smallest fraction of a percent of total murders.

It doesn't make it okay. But it says more about the beliefs of the people talking about it that they want incredible time and resources into fixing issues so rare they're nearly one-offs, rather than into issues that occur minute to minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I love watching the OP get more radicalized and nationalistic by the day. There's so many people just like him, buying into the brainwashing.
    Lol, all i did was ask a question to start a conversation, calm down Clyde bundy

Lol, all i did was ask a question to start a conversation, calm down Clyde bundy
    Tony, we're not stupid here. You're not clever at all lol. Anyone looking at your post history can figure out exactly what you believe in. You believe in what you're told to believe in by the right wing. Pretty much right up and down on the chart. But please continue to pretend like you're not a Republican. It's hilarious to watch you do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if the agents got bodycam to get a good look at the faces of the suspects.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.