Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I remember in the comic mage that the main reason for floating dalaran was to avoid being invaded

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    So now that the Alliance controls all the Eastern Kingdoms isn't it a good opportunity for Dalaran to return back and land in the original place where it used to be and rebuild the big road and entrance together with the other parts that it used to have? The horde don't need it anymore and its a waste of magic energy to keep it flying in the broken isles, it would make sense if it got restored.
    Well the area is not really suitable for human living anymore, so it would make little sense. The surrounding area is destroyed and there are not really friendly people around that area.

I would agree, that Dalaran should proberly relocate, but i don't think Hillsbrad is the ideal place. It all really depends on which side the Kiron Tor is when BFA starts. Something will proberly change with Khadgar dead, so either it will go to Jaina once more or it will maybe be taken over by the Sunreavers again.

If the Alliance take over, i would not be surprised to see Dalaran go to Undercity and keep the place under survilance or maybe just be moved close to one of the major Alliance cities. If the Horde take over, we will proberly see it fly to Orgrimmar or even Zandalar.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Meh, I don't care tbh WHERE it stays. The only thing that bothers me is that there are literally 2 Dalarans atm.

Should be turned into an Alliance city, which it originally was.

Deleted
    I miss Shattrath

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    That's complete nonsense. A big bubble was actually there in game to represent where Dalaran was being rebuilt.

The city itself was not there in any shape or form and nothing was modeled or built until it appeared in WotLK.

Lets stop arguing semantics... The bubble isn't actually Dalaran city.

If Dalaran was to return to EK in BFA, just putting in a big purple bubble with nothing underneath would be extremely disappointing.
    dalaran was there.
    just you were not supposed to see it, so why bother modeling it.
    the city was very much there in every single way.

was stormwind not really there since half the zone was invisible and could be seen through?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Dalaran was in Hillsbrad untill WotLK. It was protected by Alliance NPCs lead by Ansirem Runeweaver.

If during BfA they actually progress story for the Forsaken and Nelves/Worgen after their respective cities are destroyed. Dalaran back in the crater in Hillsbrad would be an interesting thing for the Nelf/Worgen to make a home like people have been suggesting for the remains of Theramore for the Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    dalaran was there.
    just you were not supposed to see it, so why bother modeling it.
    the city was very much there in every single way.

was stormwind not really there since half the zone was invisible and could be seen through?
    This is pointless, isn't it? I'm not sure you even read what's written.

Was Dalaran City there lorewise? Yes.
    Was Dalaran City there mechanically? No.

There are facts and not opinions. There's not much more to go into than that so lets leave it there.

Going back on topic:

Thinking about it I suspect that after they opted to make Dalaran already a flying city in the movie, it might suggest that the loremakers of Blizzard quite like having Dalaran as a magical floating city. They seem to quite like the idea so it seems unlikely they'd just put it back in the ground. Unless of course that decision was primarily driven by Duncan Jones and his side of things.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Dalaran showed time and time again they don’t know what neutral actually means. It would be out of character for them not to land there , join in with the alliance attacks and then say “what the fuck we are neutral,” when the forsaken blight bomb them.
    HAHAHA this made me laugh harder than it should. It also reminded me of Theramore.

I imagine it'll be one of those "We'll stay here and keep and eye on the legion" kind of thing so they don't have to think of another reason to be neutral

If Dalaran crashed and burned into the side of a mountain I wouldn't miss it. Kind of tired of seeing the same hub capital recycled across multiple expansions. Hopefully we get true separate faction hubs in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Alliance controls what? Just because they attacked a city doesn't mean they conquered it. Tirisfal and Quel'Thalas will still be Horde controlled lol. Also from Legion Dalaran is back to being neutral
    They confirmed Alliance now holds Lordaeron. Quel'thalas is the last Horde bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They confirmed Alliance now holds Lordaeron. Quel'thalas is the last Horde bastion.
    Yup.
    Eastern Kingdoms or the Alliance.
    Kalimdor for the Horde.
    Ocean in between.

We need a Dal in eastern, a Dal in WotLK land, and a Dal in Broken. Then another Dal in BC would only make sense too. Maybe in the gap between Hellfire and BT. Perfect. Dals for everyone. Dals everywhere.

Why would you land Dalaran? Flying, moveable fortress city with magical defences has much more uses than beign just a static target.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    We need a Dal in eastern, a Dal in WotLK land, and a Dal in Broken. Then another Dal in BC would only make sense too. Maybe in the gap between Hellfire and BT. Perfect. Dals for everyone. Dals everywhere.
    It's funny that we have 5 Dalarans in-game already. A few more wouldn't hurt.

(For the curious: there's the Northrend Dalaran, the MoP Purge of Dalaran map, the phased Deadwind Pass Dalaran above Karazhan, the Broken Isles Dalaran and the Hall of the Guardian mage base that has is within its own separate Dalaran)

I think there's also a Dalaran in The Hour of Twilight dungeon, the one with Thrall in Dragonblight, but we can't access it.
    Whatever...

That pink bubble surrounded by ruins will be soo interesting though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
    It doesn't really make sense to move it back right under an ongoing conflict. That may be something you would do after the dust had settled and you are rebuilding again.
    But moving it to a conflict area is exactly what they did in Wrath and Legion

Unless Khadgar dies or steps down, it will remain neutral. If Jaina returns then it will most likely return to Hillsbrad but still mobile.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."