Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    What was the proc in Mists? It's been a while, so I can't quite remember. As for Warlords, I only ever got to play the "come back to us!" version where they didn't let you level.
    Art of Exorcisms.

Deleted
    i feel that it would be great if you could stack a judgement debuff and increase it damage it deals more and more after every hit.

i.e. you could stack it to 50 and every stack increase the damage by judgement by 4%. In the end this results in hard hits after a "long time". "long time" should basically refer to the boss' % hp ideally set at 20% hp. so it's kinda similar to execute, but you have to play very well during the fight, aka keeping debuff up and not die.

this is also similar to the madess build of shadowpriest, which deal massive amount of damage in the last phase of a fight or the previous said execute. in my opinion this judgement idea would fit the lore quite nicely since judging a boss over and over again should matter like in the real world, if you get judged by a judge again and again. They would say "oh its you again, now you have to pay more money as penalty" XD.

Well even if you don't like this opinion im pretty confident, that you could atleast test it. but i think we currently miss the possibility to test such ideas. its either: final idea or nothing.

sry for english

15+ Year Old Account
    It’s a cool thought but I’ll say what I say every time I see fans attempting to write up huge things like this for new classes/specs/xpacs - why? Blizzard won’t use this, they don’t search forums for their internal testing and spec balancing. They have a team that does it.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    It’s a cool thought but I’ll say what I say every time I see fans attempting to write up huge things like this for new classes/specs/xpacs - why? Blizzard won’t use this, they don’t search forums for their internal testing and spec balancing. They have a team that does it.
    Some of us just have a lot of fun showing our ideas of classes!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy with this. It has it's problems, but it's definitely a whole hell of a lot better designed than what we have now.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-05 at 02:35 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Replace Blade of Justice with Exorcism and I'll be a happy paladin.

Also, it's Battle FOR Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    i feel that it would be great if you could stack a judgement debuff and increase it damage it deals more and more after every hit.

i.e. you could stack it to 50 and every stack increase the damage by judgement by 4%. In the end this results in hard hits after a "long time". "long time" should basically refer to the boss' % hp ideally set at 20% hp. so it's kinda similar to execute, but you have to play very well during the fight, aka keeping debuff up and not die.

this is also similar to the madess build of shadowpriest, which deal massive amount of damage in the last phase of a fight or the previous said execute. in my opinion this judgement idea would fit the lore quite nicely since judging a boss over and over again should matter like in the real world, if you get judged by a judge again and again. They would say "oh its you again, now you have to pay more money as penalty" XD.

Well even if you don't like this opinion im pretty confident, that you could atleast test it. but i think we currently miss the possibility to test such ideas. its either: final idea or nothing.

sry for english
    Yup, let's take a mechanic that makes switching targets horrible for us and multiply it by 50...
    I don't see how this idea could backfire. (/s)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Yup, let's take a mechanic that makes switching targets horrible for us and multiply it by 50...
    I don't see how this idea could backfire. (/s)
    are you really that tenacious? what are talents for? you can easily modifiy this mechanic to work in m+ or even stack it to 100 and balance the ret with other dps while leaving out this mechanic and add it again as a bonus on top after the balancing, similar to the current "if one party member dies you get 30% increase damage". but this mechanic isnt controllable what so ever but basically its up almost all the time during progress.

but your reply is basically typical, whichever statement is made, you only see the worst part about it and instead of giving advice or think about it, all you do is cry

Deleted
    are you really that tenacious? what are talents for? you can easily modifiy this mechanic to work in m+ or even stack it to 100 and balance the ret with other dps while leaving out this mechanic and add it again as a bonus on top after the balancing, similar to the current "if one party member dies you get 30% increase damage". but this mechanic isnt controllable what so ever but basically its up almost all the time during progress.

but your reply is basically typical, whichever statement is made, you only see the worst part about it and instead of giving advice or think about it, all you do is cry
    Are you really that naive?
    In all 11 (ok perhaps not 11, since the spec was a joke till late TBC) years of WoW, has retribution ever received anything without a nerf somewhere else?
    What you are asking for is basically to give us a flat out buff and disregard it's effect on how we perform.

Have you even followed the effect our current passive (the one you mention) had on our balancing? For some reason we were decent early on and fall behind when content grows older with all 3 of the current raids. I wonder what that reason is?

Ok here my advice:
    1. Compare the live version to what you are proposing.
    2. Check user opinion on the current situation. (I'm pretty sure you will find a lot of feedback onhere)
    3. If it's perceived as bad and your proposal only takes it further then perhaps this idea isn't the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimus View Post

Removing BoJ cleave ability, thus making our only cleave ability CS while standing in Cons and reduce its CD by half?
    Takeaway baseline BoJ cleave, and swap the cs/cons synergy to BoJ
    "A wise king never seeks war, but is always prepared for it. A strong king never gives into fear, but provides courage and strength to his subjects. For the truest victory, is stirring the hearts of your people."

Too much passive AoE. That's one of my gripes about Legion Ret. It's way too face-roll and the ST rotation should be just that SINGLE TARGET. Passive AoE is lame.

Mate he isn't criticising you because he is pessimistic, he is criticising you because a stacking single target ability objectively makes target swapping a dps loss. See eye of command, or the HFC ret trinket.