Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh come on, they will probably introduce some catch up mechanic that will make you exalted with Nightfallen in a day.

I get that to fit it on Moochamp you have to complain about LFR, flying, and casuals so I'll ignore that part and suggest that instead of doing two characters level BFA as a Monk and race change to Zandalari when you unlock it

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    I really don't like how WoW catters to casuals with things such as flying mounts, LFR or LFD.

Now Blizzard told us that you should just focus on a single character and perhaps have an alt to heal if your main is not able, for example.

So in order to unlock a new allied race and maybe create a character of this race and focus on it, I will have to play with some other character first. I will have to invest time in that character so I can unlock a new one. This is not how an MMO works. Unlocking characters are the core of MOBAs or fighting games for example.

If there was anything that you should not make difficult is getting new races options.

Yet one step away from the MMO genre.
    And one step closer to the MMORPG that it actually is. The “dumb” part of this, is you dear.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's their way of grouping up their newest product: Expansion + Races.

Pandaren were a very big freature of Mists of Pandaria, but you didn't need the expansion to play as one. I think they are trying to solve this monetary issue.

NOW YOU HAVE TO PAAAAY.
    Oh, the woes of humanity.

I really don't like how WoW catters to casuals with things such as flying mounts, LFR or LFD.

Now Blizzard told us that you should just focus on a single character and perhaps have an alt to heal if your main is not able, for example.
    Now? In Vanilla and BC you basically couldn't really even considering having an alt kept up to date unless you've spent hundreds of hours going through all content on each character with no catchup mechanics.

DAMN THEM CASUALS NOW I HAVE TO PLAY TO GET THINGS!!!!11111

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You bitch about "WoW catering to casuals".

Then you bitch like a casual.
    Exactly this. This is probably the dumbest bitching I've seen since Blizzcon.
    S.H.

I'm not saying I agree with the OP's "fuck this shit" attitude, but I kind of agree it's a dumb take on getting the races. The standard has been "release a race, have access to that race," and now it's "complete X objectives to get new race." While that's not terrible, it can feel like a slap in the face to people who have played for multiple xpacs.
    Its optional content but it's optional content that is supposed to be a selling point for the next xpac, and it's a weird way to get the new races. Again, I don't think it's end of the world "fuck you Blizzard" stuff, but it's definitely not the normal way they have had races release in the past and feels offputting to some players.

Story engagement sucks! Waaaaah!

Is that about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol nailed it.

some rep that 90%+ of people who played legion already have just by playing the game is required oh no.
    4th proper main in legion, (I know it's so bad, circumstances keep forcing a swap), don't bother with emissarys outside argus, haven't bothered with completing the quest lines, on revered with all factions.

It's super easy to get, anyone playing their main from the start of legion should have exalted ten fold

Isn't caring about what race you are a casual concern by itself? Why should blizz make casual content in a way that caters to raiders?
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-11-22 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Phone typos are life

10+ Year Old Account
    You could grind a ton of gold, unlock whatever race you want and use that gold to buy a race change.

Or just level one, doesn't take very long anyway.

I like earning things outside of raiding as well. I also like the idea of being involved with the story of the allied races rather than it just happening in an instant between expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    Oh come on, they will probably introduce some catch up mechanic that will make you exalted with Nightfallen in a day.
    You mean like they've already done? There's no more rep requirements for the Nightfallen campaign as far as I'm aware.
    You could blast through the story in like 2-3 hours and be Exalted already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    The only thing I'm upset/not happy about is that it appears (according to the BfA site) that we'll have to do stuff in the new continents to unlock the Zandalari and the Dark Iron dwarves. I'm planning on maining a Zandalari monk (assuming they can be monks), and I want to be able to level it soon so that I don't fall behind when the expansion launches. I don't want to have to play a toon that I'm not going to be invested in during the first few days of the expansion pack (which I think is the most fun) just so I can unlock the race I want my main to be.

It seems like you can unlock a large part of the other 4 allied races pre-BfA (becoming exalted with the Highmountain and Nightbourne, for example). I just wish the same were true for the Zandalari :/
    You only have to level the race if you want the heritage armour, you can just race change to it (after you unlock it) if you just want to play as the race and level an alt later to get the armour.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Or just level one, doesn't take very long anyway.
    Absolutely agree, I decided to make a new hunter the other day. It took me 1 day 16 hours in /played over the course of 3 days and I wasn't even rushing it.
    https://prnt.sc/he0qfz

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yes. Actually doing some diplomacy to gain the trust and support of another race is rather uncommen for roleplaying games.
    True. But WoW was never really a RPG game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I'm not saying I agree with the OP's "fuck this shit" attitude, but I kind of agree it's a dumb take on getting the races. The standard has been "release a race, have access to that race," and now it's "complete X objectives to get new race." While that's not terrible, it can feel like a slap in the face to people who have played for multiple xpacs.
    Its optional content but it's optional content that is supposed to be a selling point for the next xpac, and it's a weird way to get the new races. Again, I don't think it's end of the world "fuck you Blizzard" stuff, but it's definitely not the normal way they have had races release in the past and feels offputting to some players.
    Yeah I do get what your saying, but theoretically sub races aren't new races per say. They are exactly what they are: sub races.

Which are a reskin option of existing races. I get the logic for new shiny races to become available straight away like Pandaren, this encourages people to roll a new character or pay for a race change, logic being from Blizzard that the player is then associating themselves thematically with the current expansion, and more likely to purchase it.

But sub races are just races that already exist, and for the most part are off shoots culturally and thematically with existing races, plus its about time we work toward things and not just handed to us straight away, imo.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Hypocrite.

So in order to unlock a new allied race and maybe create a character of this race and focus on it, I will have to play with some other character first. I will have to invest time in that character so I can unlock a new one. This is not how an MMO works. Unlocking characters are the core of MOBAs or fighting games for example.

If there was anything that you should not make difficult is getting new races options.

Yet one step away from the MMO genre.
    Kinda disappointed in that 2. So first become friendly, then level i have pretty much all classes at 110...or at 100. Now i need to level extra toons just to get the looks/transmogh sets. They should have made it....: if you become friendly you do not start at level 20 but at...100 or 110 or something like that...
    And 2 of the races for the alliance do not even make lore sense.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You bitch about "WoW catering to casuals".

Then you bitch like a casual.
    That's a large portion of the new threads on this game.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    Yeah I do get what your saying, but theoretically sub races aren't new races per say. They are exactly what they are: sub races.

Which are a reskin option of existing races. I get the logic for new shiny races to become available straight away like Pandaren, this encourages people to roll a new character or pay for a race change, logic being from Blizzard that the player is then associating themselves thematically with the current expansion, and more likely to purchase it.

But sub races are just races that already exist, and for the most part are off shoots culturally and thematically with existing races, plus its about time we work toward things and not just handed to us straight away, imo.
    True, which is why I said I don't really agree with OP, but I can understand where he is coming from and how others can feel like it's a slap in the face. Personally, it doesn't really affect me as I have a completionist nature and already have those factions at exalted. Might have to grind them out on opposite faction for a bit, but it's not like it takes a long time withdaily WQ's and buffs you can get if timed correctly.