Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is the risk of having pitulls. It takes a certain kind of person to have attack dogs as pets i guess...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    I am a responsible dog owner who didn't choose a dangerous breed who could potentially injure others since it was developed for fighting.
    No you're just clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    So what I said is accurate, you're a cat owner.
    You have no idea how bitchy poms can be then... On public streets, in terms of bitchyness in dogs, poms are almost dachsund levels of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    The risk isn't high enough outside very few select breeds. The major problem in the equation is the human. Human raises dog poorly, no matter the breed? Problem dog that can attack something. ALL dogs can attack people and other dogs, and they do. But we don't hear about them, until it's a 'pitbull' (said like that because not all of them are actual pits, they just look like they are...that's a little dog racist), because people love to fearmonger when it's 'them'.

A dog that is legit dangerous to own is something like a Tosa Inu. They're STILL being bred to fight to this day, in select circles. Seen some of the conditions they're being raised in, and they're trained to draw blood from the time that they're small puppies. And they are guard dogs. They're dangerous to people.
    Which aggressive dog would scare you more and would make more harm: an aggressive jack russell or an aggressive pitbull?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You could turn a chiuaua into a "monster" if you treated it poorly. Sadly, thats not at all unommon these days. People treat thoes as toys.
    A chihuahua can't kill a grown person no matter how much it wants to. A pit bull can.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    ...Years on and people still use the same old "BUT ITS DA OWNER NOT DA BREED!!" idiocy. There is a reason some dogs are used as Guard dogs over others. It's in their nature. Just like it is in the nature of Pit Bulls to be aggressive as they are bred for it.
    No they aren't. They are made vicious by owners on purpose. Pitbulls have one of the better temperaments in the dog world.
    There reason why dogs are used as guard dogs has nothing to do with their temperament, otherwise poodles and Dalmatians would be choice for guard dogs.

I just hope all these pitbull advocates or their loved ones don't get mauled to death by one.

I agree, I own one. There's a limit to how much damage a little thing like him could cause compared to a pit though. I despise the people who raise it like it was a child, and it turns into a little tyrant, those people should be educated. But they are a minority compared to good owners. There's a fair few other people with chi's around here, they're all pretty chill and well-mannered. Out of those, mine is the worst...because he barks at other dogs. It's a shame too, they're smart dogs...

Most common breeds are easy to keep, even for newbies, just requires the want to own them, no license needed. More 'high-profile' dogs should require some sort of formal license to have though, as raising those aren't just a walk in the park always, and they can cause some damage. Arguably, all muscle-dogs with a history of being favored by fighting rings and such, should be prioritized.
    Yes and most owners if "pit bulls" are great as well.
    Problem is, the people that don't care about their dogs or their dogs behavior tend to get dog such as pit bulls and the same goes for people that want a dog to just be threatening or to use it as a weapon.

Thats the main issue.
    It's not the pit bulls fault that asshats tend to get them.

Media portraying them as mosters to get easy clicks does not help either. If you go walk a normal dog in the park and every other person you meet gets all stressed out becuase it's a "monster" then you run a greater risk of getting a dog that is uncomfortable around other people and their dogs. Especially if you're an inexperienced owner.
    You got yourself a vicious cycle there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    For anyone saying that it's the owner's fault, it is also that there are dogs like pitbulls which are allowed to be owned by anyone.

It's the exact same thing as being able to own a gun. Yes, someone can use to for all the good reasons, but there will be people who use it for bad reasons.

Same goes with pitbulls, they are incredibly strong dogs, with exceptionally strong bite. Sure, most people will just have them sleep, eat and play, but there will be people who treat them bad, hit them, and make them aggressive. And that's how you get to that point.

And this is the reason why strong dogs shouldn't be allowed to be owned by ordinary people who just want a pet to cuddle with.
    The government should be far more strict on giving pets to people, so many examples where bad pet owners are still able to keep getting new pets knowing the problems they created with the previous pets. Like I said, have known many pitbulls, and haven't known any of them attacking anyone because they were brought up the right way. Compared to the many Labradors I've had and known, they can be very aggressive even if you raise them right.

Then again, if your dog has an aggressive nature because they're not used to social interaction, put a muzzle on your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Which aggressive dog would scare you more and would make more harm: an aggressive jack russell or an aggressive pitbull?
    Scaremongering. ANY dog can be agressive. Anecdotal evidence won't help anyone.

I'd kick any attacking dog in the face if it came after me or my dog, I won't discriminate, fearing an attack from x breed doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    A chihuahua can't kill a grown person no matter how much it wants to. A pit bull can.
    Yes and so can any dog that grows larger than a raccoon.

American Pit Bulls are Illegal in the UK, American Bulldogs are not though. I used to have an American Bulldog, never in its life did it ever show aggression and I've seen countless Bulldogs of various breeds that are the same, there is a lot more to behaviour and tendancies than either breed or owner training because neither of those things create a single answer and you'd have to be pretty ignorant and clueless to think so.

My dog was a softie from the day she was born, training or not their true nature always remains at the basic level.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-11-23 at 02:17 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    If that was the case all bulldogs would be vicious fuckers. But they are not. They need to be raised properly and not by a piece of shit like this owner.
    Bulldogs are fucking cuddly and god damn adorable.

Pit Bulls are a completely different thing.

English good boi Bulldoge

French good boi Bulldoge

Pit Bull naughty boye (girl)

There is clearly a reason for that some dog breeds are banned.

Id rather put down the owner and get the dogs help.
    Dog likely can’t be rehabilitated to the point where a normal family could adopt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    No, it's not the breed it's the owner. And sometimes too it's a neurological problem too. In this case, it's the former.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    There is clearly a reason for some dog breeds to be banned.
    Yeah, ignorance and stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes and most owners if "pit bulls" are great as well.
    Problem is, the people that don't care about their dogs or their dogs behavior tend to get dog such as pit bulls and the same goes for people that want a dog to just be threatening or to use it as a weapon.

Thats the main issue.
    It's not the pit bulls fault that asshats tend to get them.

Media portraying them as mosters to get easy clicks does not help either. If you go walk a normal dog in the park and every other person you meet gets all stressed out becuase it's a "monster" then you run a greater risk of getting a dog that is uncomfortable around other people and their dogs. Especially if you're an inexperienced owner.
    You got yourself a vicious cycle there.
    Yep, it's a shame, because it tends to harm people less than the dogs in the end... If anything happens, the dog is just put down, no questions asked. Even a dog that just lightly bit someone and it's taken to the authorities, EVEN if the bite was provoked! Nope, dog is put down. Owner might take a hit to reputation, but otherwise what, a fine? Fuckers that end up having their dogs maul and kill other dogs/children need jail-time and be banned from owning any dog in the future.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id rather put down the owner and get the dogs help.
    You can't help animals that are at that point in savagery. Putting them down is the only safe option at this point.

Shitty owner just further propagates the stereotype of 'dangerous' dog breeds. Hopefully they are rightfully punished.

Deleted
    The risk isn't high enough outside very few select breeds. The major problem in the equation is the human. Human raises dog poorly, no matter the breed? Problem dog that can attack something. ALL dogs can attack people and other dogs, and they do. But we don't hear about them, until it's a 'pitbull' (said like that because not all of them are actual pits, they just look like they are...that's a little dog racist), because people love to fearmonger when it's 'them'.

A dog that is legit dangerous to own is something like a Tosa Inu. They're STILL being bred to fight to this day, in select circles. Seen some of the conditions they're being raised in, and they're trained to draw blood from the time that they're small puppies. And they are guard dogs. They're dangerous to people.
    If you honestly that news outlets would ignore a dog mauling another dog regardless of breed than we are done talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    I just hope all these pitbull advocates or their loved ones don't get mauled to death by one.
    Sure can't happen with your pocket sized pooch.. And yet, yours isn't known to be better behaving than those pities.
    It's just when you're small in size you cannot cause much harm.
    Pomeranians are a Spitz breed.. That's one of them most vicious, backstabbing breeds there are.
    They have their positive sides, much like every other dog breed has too, but don't lift em to angel status.. They are not.
    http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/pomeranian#/slide/1
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."