Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What, no Tyr's Hand?
    Not every class can farm those elites effectively.

I could add DME aoe grinding too. Plenty of good trash and Living Essence there.

Or Felwood/Silithus elemental farming.

You have to put the effort in to farm unless you're farming raids basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    Not every class can farm those elites effectively.

I could add DME aoe grinding too. Plenty of good trash and Living Essence there.

Or Felwood/Silithus elemental farming.

You have to put the effort in to farm unless you're farming raids basically.
    My personnal gig was farming the thorium veins in Heartglen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    For many this was part of the charm of vanilla. Additionally, our guild farmed raid consumables and FR gear together.
    Pfft. The best way to 'farm' consumables was to pay the Chinese farmers to do it. If trade chat isn't half Chinese sellers, it isn't Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Bit off topic, but the the biggest shit stick, and one I am flabberghasted to think why the "keep vanilla as it was crowd" cannot fathom is the addition of guild banks.

These are pretty much a necessity, you even had guild bank alts back in the day, but that ran the risk of having all your hard earned guild mats potentially being nicked by one player who either decided to stop playing, or decided in a fit of being a prick steal everything and sell it when they got poached to join another guild, or decided they deserved it all (happened more often than people think).
    Guild banks pretty much stopped a lot of this, so how the hell people cannot want to have this is beyond me. This isn't a QOL make the game easier thing, but a pretty simple damn necessity for most guilds now, and prevented a lot of the BS that happened in original WoW.
    dont try to use logic or resonable arguments - those people wouldnt listen.

they are set on making it fail with the stupid "but it wasnt in vanilla" troll responses.

Resist gear added to the RPG portion of the game.
    Consumables added to the RPG portion of the game.
    Reagents and Ammo added to the RPG portion of the game.
    Leveling weapon skills added to the RPG portion of the game.

I want to play an MMO-RPG; I don't want a single-player game that's streamlined to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being poor all the time when leveling was a relatively good thing: it made the quest rewards mean something especially for upgrades in gear.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

resistance fights were so few and far between it was practically irrelevant for most of the game.

consumables still exist.

regents and ammo, I didn't mind those it was fluff at the end of the day, items to take up bag space, so you had items taking up bag space.

weapon skills, yeah if you were a rogue warrior or hunter, everyone else did wands passively without even trying to level it up and thats all you got from weapon skills. I leveled my wand skill on the trash and bosses in molten core, i didn't need 300/300 wand skill to function as a class.

i get the idea around wanting these things, but its not like they were ground breaking game mechanics that added massive amounts of depth to the game. just small gimmicks that didn't really evolve into anything meaningful.

for example regents with longer lasting buff effects or bonuses to stats, weapon skills with benefits for reaching higher skill levels with weapons, the chance for an extra swing or, a quicker swing, seriously anything could have made those things better than just being there for the sake of it.

i had a hunter in the early days and it was frustrating if you ran out of ammo mid dungeon run, the quiver also took up a bag slot so hunters were automatically 1 bag less than everyone else. I like the idea of picking different arrows for different content, using cheap arrows for dungeons and blue/epic arrows for raids, but really i think that it ended up just causing more problems than it was worth, ppl getting booted from groups because they ran out of arrows lol.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-24 at 06:28 PM.

I think most people have fond memories because they, like me, didn't make it to raiding where things got absurd. 5-mans back then were like normal mode raiding now.

This is the main reason why I think vanilla's servers will have a good shelf life. What were the statistics, 3% of all players at the time made it to some of those raid bosses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    1)No daily quests whatsoever
    Don't see this as a problem, there was plenty of other stuff to do.

(remember walking to the Scarlet Monastery because you had no cash for mounts ?)
    Sounds like a you problem, never had this happen. I always had enough gold on a character, without needing to send any from my main, to get my mount and training at lvl 40.

1)Much higher raid consumable intake (such as a flask and potion every attempt and, which was ghastly for my arcane mage, need to chug mana pots as a caster....dozens of them per night.
    This was changed to the current system during vanilla (flasks lasting through death), and as such, will likely be that way on the new classic servers.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Why does everyone feel the need to post why Classic is going to be great/shit? It's personal opinion and this topic is not leading to a discussion. It's just another "you guys are going to hate/love Vanilla because..." while opinion, just like flavour, is different for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember it took me far longer to get my first mount, than level 40. I don't think I even got my first mount until max level lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    I reached 60 some months before Burning Crusade
    lol casual talk

You can't argue with the elite son

Bit off topic, but the the biggest shit stick, and one I am flabberghasted to think why the "keep vanilla as it was crowd" cannot fathom is the addition of guild banks.
    I think there are a few cases where you could discuss potential changes that would be "fine".

However at the end of the day, some of these changes remain subjective, you can bet that once those Vanilla servers go live, people will ask for quest mobs being shared tagged because there's that Druid / Hunter that tags all those quest mobs before you can reach them.

Another example would be getting dismounted when entering deep water, this was fucking annoying and no one missed that.

A lot changes made post Vanilla were good and logical, that's why they were made, however where these changes start and end is very subjective, you basically had to discuss almost any QoL change made in the last 11 years and find some sort of consesus.

Finally, most people simply fear that one change opens the box of pandora.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You can't assure me because I know we did.
    no we didnt, it was always suggested to have about 100 FR for rag (and only for him), but we did get by just fine without anyone other than tank, FR totem in each group (yeah, we had 6 shamans, killed rag with 28 people) was more than enough for us

What you are describing is what vanilla was like and what people liked about the game. It's fun to have goals that take a while to reach. The shock will probably be the newish trends of mafias forming around specific items and other strategies that work well in a small community setting.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Didn't shamans have a fire resistance totem anyway?
    Yes, but it was a logarithmic curve up to resistance cap. Dubbel your resistance you quadruples your time to "live" so it did paid off to stack resistance. Sure you do not need resistance if you are not a tank... but it lightens the burdern on the healers.

I agree totally, the majority of things and QOL improevements I have asked for, have literally just been things that have no direct impact on the game. The keyring for one, reagent banks (iffy I know but still), guild banks, and the collections tab but only for pets and mounts.
    Keyring was introduced during Vanilla as far as i know.

Maily because these take up space that is quite valuable when 16 slot bags are the main size.
    Well yeah, but Bags are essential for tailors to make money, so the value of bags kinda depends on that.

Also i don't see the need for pets and mounts tab, i mean how many Mounts did you own during Vanilla? Most probably owned one or two at best, especially since the level 40 mounts remained at 60% even if you had epic riding, so you could throw it on the bank anyway.

Tokens on Classic are very likely, but they should be scaled to vanilla's economy. In other words, somewhere from 100-1000 gold per token.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This was changed to the current system during vanilla (flasks lasting through death), and as such, will likely be that way on the new classic servers.
    Not exactly.
    I mean, yes the flask were changed during Vanilla to last through death.
    But you could still stack an ungodly amount of consumables.
    It's in the 2.1 patch that Blizzard made up the rule of "one battle elixir and one defensive elixir, OR a flask".

- - - Updated - - -

The keyring for one
    Keyring was in Vanilla, so it's not a problem anyway.

(remember walking to the Scarlet Monastery because you had no cash for mounts ?)
    No, Scarlet Monastery wasn't really ran after level 40 which is when you get your first mount.