Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Should the right to vote be restricted?

Its a question I play with from time to time. Why should those that have no investment in a country have any sway in how it's run?

Would we be better off redistricting the much abused right to vote to smaller subgroups of society ? Perhaps those who served in the millitary or at a minimum owned land.

I am curious to hearing people's thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Its a question I play with from time to time. Why should those that have no investment in a country have any sway in how it's run?

Would we be better off redistricting the much abused right to vote to smaller subgroups of society ? Perhaps those who served in the millitary or at a minimum owned land.

"That would be systematic racism". Any way you could try to justify a more sophisticated group for voting, it would be deemed racist.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    "That would be systematic racism". Any way you could try to justify a more sophisticated group for voting, it would be deemed racist.
    I mean that is literally what hes suggesting, if you look through his post history, which the constitution clearly says ALL citizens have the right to vote, regardless of their IQ race religion, anything, i dont get why this is even a topic

Own land? So only the banks get to vote?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Because that’s how Wars and conflict came about to begin with. That is the whole idea around the USA.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yeah... segregate the voting, that won't skew real changes needed and the shit some minorities and classes are already in thanks to it...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-26 at 06:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why. I just don't vote anyway because i don't curr.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only exception would be if murder became legal then maybe.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Interesting... I would like to know more.

I agree, the legal age to vote should be from 18-70 years of age.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I mean that is literally what hes suggesting, if you look through his post history, which the constitution clearly says ALL citizens have the right to vote, regardless of their IQ race religion, anything, i dont get why this is even a topic
    Well, it's not that farfetched. One would hope clear-thinking and intelligent people would help dictate direction. The problem derives from people's self-entitlement (which is part of the US, equality and all), but more specifically, how you depict who is and isn't considered sophisticated and why. I would easily say there are a lot of folks out there that don't deserve to vote because they have no grasp on economics, reality, etc. The problem is that tends to boil down to 2 categories. Super rich (out of touch and greedy), and super poor (self-serving out of necessity, and sometimes laze). It's not technically racist, but you're not going to get very far telling either group that they don't have a place to vote in the direction of the country. Too many variables to be able to open that can of worms.

If you've violated the Flag Code by wearing a flag, you're out. (Literally, the Border Patrol puts you on a bus to Tijuana.)

Nope but their should be a drivers license I.d required to vote and a data base making sure you are legally a citizen of the u.s.

Also this idea that you need to own land or be in the military to vote, can choke on a dick and die.

Deleted
    Restrict it to 1 person chosen at random

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

Are you retarded or are you just trolling. I'm assuming you're trolling because you said the right to vote is "abused" when at the very least it is underused.

No, every living citizen in a country deserves to have a say in how their country is run. Period.

Realistically, fuck no. But I'm sure there are people ready to put a poll test in after claiming "stupid" people ruined the election and shouldn't be able to vote.

Every time someone suggests something like that, you just know the underlying idea is to exclude whatever population is deemed undesirable.

No, you don't get to be picky about who votes, that's way too easy to manipulate and undermines the fundamental principle of modern democracy. Universal suffrage, for everyone. Nobody gets silenced because of their life experiences, income, birth, race or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Are you retarded or are you just trolling. I'm assuming you're trolling because you said the right to vote is "abused" when at the very least it is underused.

No, every living citizen in a country deserves to have a say in how their country is run. Period.
    It is sadly abused. Few take the time to learn anything about a political party and vote in complete ignorance or at best based off of a attack ad. I vote of no confidence isnt the same as a underused vote. Ones harmless the other isn't.