Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A system whereby it's tied to property AND the franchise is limited on racial and gender grounds.
    Noting that something occurred and isn't "feudal" isn't actually a suggestion, just an historical correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No. Because that’s how Wars and conflict came about to begin with. That is the whole idea around the USA.
    You do know that when the USA was founded only land owners could vote right?

I think there should be an ID tied to your SS# and there should be a test. I mean honestly if you don't know how the President is elected then you have no business voting for the President.

People getting "free shit" are always going to vote for more "free shit".

I'm also for term limits......as in one and your done. It wasn't supposed to be a career, it was supposed to be duty. You do your time and get out and let someone else do theirs.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    You do know that when the USA was founded only land owners could vote right?

I think there should be an ID tied to your SS# and there should be a test. I mean honestly if you don't know how the President is elected then you have no business voting for the President.

People getting "free shit" are always going to vote for more "free shit".

I'm also for term limits......as in one and your done. It wasn't supposed to be a career, it was supposed to be duty. You do your time and get out and let someone else do theirs.
    Namely you

The Founding Fathers were Tyrants in their own right but they did put together a framework that allowed for your nonsense idea to be changed for the good of the union.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Again, take away the safety net and my point remains. Their poor decision on a major in college isn't going to potentially cause a war.

The person elected is the person making the laws and its their job to ensure everyone's safety. A 18 year old hardly has the necessary grasp needed to make a truly informed decision. They are fresh out of daycare and going into college. Doesn't matter what our Society says, they are not adults just yet. They are still developing and have no real world experience to draw upon. They are easily influenced and should not be the ones to take part in deciding the one who goes into the highest position of power in our nation.

Like I said. They are Much more then merely your representative. The power they have, and the repercussions of what they do far exceed a mere representative.
    Ignoring all other points I'd use in contention with this idea. I'd like to point out that if we aren't going to treat them like adults capable of making their own decisions, they shouldn't be subject to being criminally tried as adults either. Since they don't know any better in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Minimum wage workers confirmed lucky and rich.
    Your boolean operator is misplaced, they are lucky to have a job at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    There's fuck loads of rich people that don't own the place they live
    And someone else that doesn't do boolean well.

Limiting X to A and B is not limiting X to people with simultaneously A and B.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Flag code isn't even a government document, who cares what it says?
    The government seems to think it is. It's the same document that causes everyone to go into a tizzy when the national anthem is played (down in Title 36).

US Code, Title 4

If we're going to deny people the right to vote, may as well use patriotism as a qualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Ignoring all other points I'd use in contention with this idea. I'd like to point out that if we aren't going to treat them like adults capable of making their own decisions, they shouldn't be subject to being criminally tried as adults either. Since they don't know any better in this scenario.
    Now you're grasping at straws. Morals and the difference between right and wrong are taught from a young age. The older they get, the better grasp they have of this.

You can hardly compare trial as an adult to voting. They are two very different things and one of which tends to need some real world experience to help get a better view of.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Old people (above the average life expectancy) shouldn't be allowed to vote, they're going to be dead before any long term repercussion will show up. If not, you end up with low taxation, people retiring at 40 years old and piles of debt so high that people in 40 years will have hard time to break even with the interest of that (I'm not talking about any country in particular, Italy).

I would also not give the right to vote to people without minimum education (middle school for people born before 1975, high school after). Education level is the cheapest way countries have to eliminate unqualified voters

Why would anyone honestly say they want ignorant (read: uneducated) people to be able to legally vote? Of course no one wants that to happen. Freedom dictates it must, however. The only counter to this scary reality is to ensure everyone who votes is educated about what they are voting on. So, anyone who is educated can either educate voters or suffer the results of ignorant voters. There is no other way voting can work in a free society.

Now you're grasping at straws. Morals and the difference between right and wrong are taught from a young age. The older they get, the better grasp they have of this.

You can hardly compare trial as an adult to voting. They are two very different things and one of which tends to need some real world experience to help get a better view of.
    I'm grasping at straws? You mean to tell me that an 18 year old can be tried as an adult criminally, but they're too naive to be able to vote?

I'm grasping at straws? You mean to tell me that an 18 year old can be tried as an adult criminally, but they're too naive to be able to vote?
    An 18 year old can go die defending their country in the US military, but they can't celebrate (via alcohol) not dying after defending their country in the US military until 21 years old. The age limits are not consistent at the federal level for most things.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-27 at 01:18 AM.

Ideally you would scale the votes based on intelligence, although I’m skeptical a system could ever work that wasn’t abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    An 18 year old can go die defending their country in the US military, but they can't celebrate (via alcohol) not dying after defending their country in the US military until 21 years old. The age limits are not consistent at the federal level for most things. I mean, a person can legally choose to make more people (pregnancy) before they can legally choose to drive!
    That really doesn't have much to do with being able to vote, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    So those who dont agree with you can be disenfranchised?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

That really doesn't have much to do with being able to vote, however.
    I was just pointing out that age isn't consistently applied to be able to determine when someone is or is not an adult for in most things in the US, so it couldn't be used for voting in the US to determine who is or is not an adult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Those that don't agree with you are already disenfranchised if they don't have more people who agree with them then you have people who agree with you!
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-27 at 01:24 AM.

Evangelicals and inbreds should be restricted from voting.

I explained the answer to both of those. One is taught from a young age. The other, they are too naive to have a true grasp of until they are older and have been more exposed to things outside of the daycare we call highschool.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I explained the answer to both of those. One is taught from a young age. The other, they are too naive to have a true grasp of until they are older and have been more exposed to things outside of the daycare we call highschool.
    Then you have a terrible view of our education system. Believe it or not, they are taught the basics of what they are voting on in there.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Of course. If you notice everyone who suggests it just wants an echo chamber for their fragile opinions

The way it is right now is fine except for the electoral college. That old ass system needs to go. There's computers and what not that can count the votes now, no need for an organization to tally up the votes, then decide whether they want to vote according to the will of the people.

Also while we're at it, make corporate sponsoring of candidates illegal.