Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry So theres this lvl 110 blood dk in outlands! Why world PVP is coming 2 an end

It's this DK noob on my PVE server and for hours a day every day killing quest npcs and nothing else. He usually gets piled by other 110s instantly but tries to kill as many quest and vendor npcs as possible before he dies, and repeats.

Sometimes i question the behavior of people... Blizzard get that damn BFA out as soon as you can...No more of this crap...
    Last edited by Preston Garvey; 2017-11-27 at 03:59 PM.

People can still kill npcs in bfa

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    are u new 2 wow? they wont be killing any of the NPCs on pve servers ever again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    If you never flag for PvP your quest givers will never die, you get flagged when you attack them therefore that PvP player would phase out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    It's this DK noob on my PVE server and for hours a day every day killing quest npcs and nothing else. He usually gets piled by other 110s instantly but tries to kill as many quest and vendor npcs as possible before he dies, and repeats.

Sometimes i question the behavior of people... Blizzard get that damn BFA out as soon as you can...No more of this crap...
    You can report that behavior

Man I fucking hate people killing questgivers and NPCs for the sole purpose of being a dick.
    Usually they run away or die very easily when I go hunt them though

I guess they kill NPCs or gank lowbies because they're not able to kill players their level

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you never flag for PvP your quest givers will never die, you get flagged when you attack them therefore that PvP player would phase out.
    -_- well said love these new wow players... dont know jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

And as usual blizzard will do bugger all
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Do the people who find this behaviour frustrating/abusive also want to play on Classic servers when they are launched?

Assaulting Southshore and Tarren Mill in Hillsbrad Foothills was like a staple of Classic WoW. For PVE and PVP servers alike assaulting those quest hubs and quest hubs in general was just part of the game.

I'm not fond of an individual/individuals killing NPCs to taunt players and get them to flag up. A couple times doesn't hurt, but doing it repeatedly is annoying, especially on PvE realms. I'd prefer not to report anyone either, but anyway, this behavior will be dust under the rug soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could just kill him, I know it is an ass to deal with, that or report him griefing. Don't worry, you'll have a safety pen soon enough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    -_- well said love these new wow players... dont know jack!
    Not sure what you're trying to say. BfA isn't out yet and what you're complaining about in your OP is currently possible so what does new player have anything to do with it?

Also, if actually killing the NPC is what flags you for PvP, the NPC will still die/be dead if it dies in one hit/ before the player can get phased out. The PvP player just won't be able to kill more of them after that since they'll be phased out. Unless a player can get flagged before the NPC can even get attacked and the phasing happens instantly it will still be possible for someone to kill key NPC's.

BfA will drastically improve things, but I'm not yet convinced the issue will disappear entirely.

I usually completely skip Hellfire peninsula because horde players always camp the Honor hold quest npcs, but I agree it will be a refreshing change.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

For what? The NPCs are flagged for PvP. The DK isn't doing anything wrong. It's been brought up hundreds of times and Blizzard has shot it down over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    In theory you're correct. We won't know how the system works until Blizzard releases the feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    For what? The NPCs are flagged for PvP. The DK isn't doing anything wrong. It's been brought up hundreds of times and Blizzard has shot it down over and over.
    Actually you're wrong, it's considered harassment when you're camping for hours on end not allowing people to continue with their quest chains. It is a bannable offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to say. BfA isn't out yet and what you're complaining about in your OP is currently possible so what does new player have anything to do with it?

Also, if actually killing the NPC is what flags you for PvP, the NPC will still die/be dead if it dies in one hit/ before the player can get phased out. The PvP player just won't be able to kill more of them after that since they'll be phased out. Unless a player can get flagged before the NPC can even get attacked and the phasing happens instantly it will still be possible for someone to kill key NPC's.

BfA will drastically improve things, but I'm not yet convinced the issue will disappear entirely.
    You can only flag yourself in your faction's major cities now according to Blizzcon. Yes, it is 100% gone in BfA.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673

Behavior

Behavior that intentionally detracts from others' enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behavior is determined by player reports and Blizzard's decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Actually you're wrong, it's considered harassment when you're camping for hours on end not allowing people to continue with their quest chains. It is a bannable offence.
    "excessive" is the amount of time given, not hours on end. Excessive in relation to time is subjective.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...7156309#post-4

There is a link to one quick reply that I googled up. One way to get around it is to coordinate with guilds and friends to work shifts and semi-permanently disrupt the area. No one would be breaking the rules.

Killing them once or twice is fine, doing it for hours on end is harassment and not world pvp and IT IS a reportable offense. Every fucking alt I do, the moment I get to hellfire theres someone waiting to gank you, kill the npcs, rinse and repeat. A few months ago this rogue literally showed up at every single quest area I tried to move onto in hellfire. I gave up after a hour and logged off, came back the following night and bang dead on log in and being tea bagged. I'm all for if your passing through the area drop down and shit on someone once then move on, but this kind of behavior is just sad and pathetic.

small penis syndrome.. can't kill players your level so you go ruin low levels fun