Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Those Project 70 Players are Toxic...

Since this is happening on retail servers, I didn't post it in the classic discussion forum...

So Asmongold and several other streamers decided to make a bunch of guilds on the Sisters of Elune - US server, and basically the premise is to level to 70 and do heroic dungeons and raiding once you hit 70 with less players than the raids accept.

I made a character and joined one of the guilds, specifically --- snip ---, and man... I thought the retail playerbase was toxic... boy was I wrong in comparison to the type of players who do these "vanilla / tbc" like guilds...

Basically they have a bunch of rules and if you happen to break any rule, even on accident, or not knowing, players in the guilds will mock you and call you all sorts of names and call you a "retail asshole" (i actually saw that in the guild I was in, they called someone a "retail asshole") and then their leaders will proceed to kick you from the guild.

Even people who didn't break rules who asked why there are all of these nit-picky rules got booted.. just for asking.

If this is what the "classic" community is like, i'd much rather not be a part of classic servers. I was getting excited for classic servers, but seeing how toxic and vile some of the players in this "vanilla / tbc" experiment are, i think i'll pass.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-28 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Removed Guild Name

It's a Jaylock thread, 90% chance it's a troll. Get your b8 m8s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    No, im just bringing up the fact that my experience trying out the "vanilla" experiment in these streamer's guilds was incredibly toxic.

Could just be the type of people who follow those streamers and maybe not what the vanilla / tbc community at large acts like, but idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    He's actually not wrong.

Some players from these guilds have also been going around harassing roleplayers on RP servers. Not the entire guilds themselves of course but I've been told one smaller guild has.

@Jaylock is posting correct information here. Apparently from what people are telling some guilds have a toxic vibe on the inside as well because some are run by the hardcore Vanilla "fans" who basically say "it's Vanilla or nothing". To them you can't have both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This this is happening on retail servers, I didn't post it in the classic discussion forum...

So Asmongold and several other streamers decided to make a bunch of guilds on the Sisters of Elune - US server, and basically the premise is to level to 70 and do heroic dungeons and raiding once you hit 70 with less players than the raids accept.

I made a character and joined one of the guilds, specifically --- snip ---, and man... I thought the retail playerbase was toxic... boy was I wrong in comparison to the type of players who do these "vanilla / tbc" like guilds...

Basically they have a bunch of rules and if you happen to break any rule, even on accident, or not knowing, players in the guilds will mock you and call you all sorts of names and call you a "retail asshole" (i actually saw that in the guild I was in, they called someone a "retail asshole") and then their leaders will proceed to kick you from the guild.

Even people who didn't break rules who asked why there are all of these nit-picky rules got booted.. just for asking.

If this is what the "classic" community is like, i'd much rather not be a part of classic servers. I was getting excited for classic servers, but seeing how toxic and vile some of the players in this "vanilla / tbc" experiment are, i think i'll pass.
    Jay mate please just listen for a sec.

Do not take note of those guilds. They are not to be taken seriously. It's mostly just "streamers" doing it for attention and their rabid fanbase of followers. A few of these guilds are essentially the Classic equivalent of the current rabid WoW fanbase. Basically to them the older game is perfect and liking retail is wrong in their eyes. Just like there are retail players who think liking Classic is wrong. It's stupidity on both sides here mate. Nothing more.

Classic will develop a good community and I'm sure you will find a guild that is suitable.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-28 at 03:16 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time out; are these "project #'s" guilds playing on private servers? Or actual WoW live?

Also, I am unfamiliar with the whole reasoning why they are doing this. Can anybody explain?

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Time out; are these "project #'s" guilds playing on private servers? Or actual WoW live?

Also, I am unfamiliar with the whole reasoning why they are doing this. Can anybody explain?
    Live. Apparently they want to recreate the Vanilla/TBC experience. Ironically they are purposely downscaling their raids in 40 man and wearing worse gear because if 40 people went in with green gear or higher it would be stomped.

Supposedly the reason they chose RP servers is because there is no CRZ but I don't buy that for a second. But some players of the guild and a couple of small guilds have been disrupting Roleplayers. Which is against the rules of the server and harassment. Basically a few bad apples and the toxic fanbase of the "streamers".

Odds are its going to be the exact same thing on 'Classic' servers. I can't wait for all these assholes to buy into Classic just to get bans for harassment.

they're all a bundle of twitch cancer, don't expect anything good from them.

when it's headed up by a walking tumor like sodapoppin, you know nothing good will come of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    streamers decided to make a bunch of guilds
    and they are full of the same people that sit in Twitch chat and spam Kappa and Pogchamp all day. Were you really that surprised to find out that they were assholes?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Odds are its going to be the exact same thing on 'Classic' servers. I can't wait for all these assholes to buy into Classic just to get bans for harassment.
    Good. Means I can actually have some fun and meet decent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyll View Post
    and they are full of the same people that sit in Twitch chat and spam Kappa and Pogchamp all day. Were you really that surprised to find out that they were assholes?
    Can't forget the racist memes too!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Good. Means I can actually have some fun and meet decent people.
    I don't understand why people worship streamers tbh. Especially when they're playing the same exact game that you're playing. It just makes no sense to me.

Can't wait to see guilds on the Classics.

-You have to be level 50 by the end of the month or you get kick
    -If you dont log in 3 days you get kick
    -You need to make a donation to the guild bank or you get kick

EDIT: I know there's no Guild Bank on Vanilla, guild bank came with patch 2.3 TBC
    And I don't play private, so my memory is not fresh
    But I also remember that you need to sent some shit to the Guild master mules
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2017-11-29 at 03:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was beginning to think society was advancing to the point where we'd stop the indoctrination of the last few hundred years of religion, nationalism and things like that because they were basically like a cult, but lo an behold human traditions aren't changing and we see the same in-group mentalities of a bunch of teenagers circle jerking over some neckbeard who burps all the time and isn't even very funny. Now I'm gonna go eat my s'mores chobani flip top yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I don't understand why people worship streamers tbh. Especially when they're playing the same exact game that you're playing. It just makes no sense to me.
    I literally watch one WoW related youtuber. Crendor and that's it. Because he doesn't even try to go for attention. He makes what he feels like making. Which is why I have respect for him. And because Orc VS Wild is so funny no matter how many times you've seen it.

I wouldn't say I worship him but I do like the fellow. Other youtubers I watch would be Angry Video Game Nerd and Pat the NES Punk. Mostly because I like their retro stuff being a collector.

People like Asmongold, Sodapoppin or Kungen in my opinion are not representative of the WoW community nor do they deserve the following they have.

And it's sad to see that people like them have a huge following personally when there are so many great smaller streamers/youtubers out there that just play to have fun rather than garner for attention or view count by doing controversial stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    What guild banks? :P

Perks of having like 20 other friends. We are making our own guild and we are keeping it calm to anyone who joins.

You level at your own pace. You raid at your own pace. If you get a bit behind we will take you through Dungeons. Of course we won't help people being deliberately lazy to get an easy ride but you get what I mean.

We help each other with gearing and whatnot. Hell even mounts if we can throw out the gold. One of our guys is going to go absolutely insane on Skinning Onyxia for cloaks because he did this back in the day. He will make sure a lot of us have the cloaks.

If you give up then who cares? You are still welcome on our Discord and stuff.

We won't scream at you for enjoying 2 versions of the game or act like you have to pick a side.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-28 at 02:04 AM.

Deleted
    Assuming Jaylock is not trolling and baiting...and possibly lying.

I kinda of agree some pro-legacy people are a bit high. They are on their high horses shit talking "retail players" or "people who enjoy retail".

But to be fair we got shit talked a lot by everyone else saying legacy was a childish unrealistic thing and i think this is just product of that.
    Which is no excuse for this kind of behaviour.
    I for one also hate retail but i choose not to shame anyone.

I think enough is enough and we all should stop this childish behaviour. I know we have been shit talked a lot by the anti-legacy crowd BUT thats no excuse.

Deleted

I got bad news my friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyll View Post
    I don't really follow any of the WoW streamers.. I just saw the post on the official forums that said what server they were rolling on, and the guilds that were participating. I thought it was going to be an inclusive bunch of like minded people who would like to try rolling on classic servers eventually..

What i found was a bunch of people who harass others in their own guild for learning mount training at level 20 rather than at 40. I saw a paladin hit 20 and automatically get the 20 mount training since paladins get their charger mount for free, and he got cussed at by several of the guild members... it wasn't until someone called out in the guild chat that paladins and warlocks automatically get mount training when they ding 20 that they reluctantly said sorry and that was it.

I only found out that streamers were behind the "project 70" thing after I was in the guild for awhile.

I logged off for 12 hours to sleep and do other stuff, and i came back and my character was kicked out of the guild. I pm'd one of the officers and he said I was offline for too long so i got "purged".

I asked to get back in, and he said quote "fuck off, you aren't worthy of joining this guild because you aren't hardcore enough"

This is really where I said, "fuck this, these guys are assholes" just becuase I wasn't logged in long enough. I was like level 30 something too..