Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Blah blah blah

Kind of sad if you think about it. They made a decision that will be detrimental to their country due to fear and ignorance. This will be such a remarkable example for the world.
    You have come up with typical pro-EU propaganda.

Lets consider the facts: The Far-Right (AfD) is on the rise in Germany; with a significant share of the vote at the last election, they are in the Bundestag. In France, in Far-Right National Front made it to the run-off to the election for president; the French Far-Right are going from strength to strength.

What we see is the Far-Right on the rise in countries supposidely 'at the heart of Europe'. How about you turn your thoughts to answering why the Far-Right are on the rise in France and Germany? Why are countries at the heart of the EU federalist project producing Far-Right parties, which are going from strangth to strength? Might the EU federalist project be responsible for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Yeah that's the bullshit justification the Mail and the Express use. They just report facts. The facts are true. You can always find something in a large body of evidence that makes some group look bad. Just report all the negatives and ignore the positives. That's how the modern racist operates.
    So answering a question about EU gangs, by talking about EU gangs, is wrong? Err...what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We wouldn’t be importing a problem in that case. We already have issues, nobody is denying that, adding to them is the issue.

You realise that if an immigrant group commits crimes at the same rate as the native population, then that is not a positive, don’t you? What I want is the immigrants that don’t commit crimes, we have enough native criminals as it is, we don’t need to keep the numbers of criminals up.
    Yes, and evidence suggests that the migrants from A8 countries have a small decrease on crime. On a whole it means that the average 'Polish Plumber' added to the UK population is reducing the crimerate. Slavek from the local Polski Slep is counteracting some of the theft that John Smith is committing.

Yes, some of 'them' do commit crime, but stopping every single one from coming just because of some bad apples that are impossible to root out completely is stupid.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2017-11-28 at 11:10 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    THANK YOU, Someone bloody gets it. but like you say, I don't expect the load of keyboard warriors here on threads like these to understand that, because they only want their narrative to be right and don't look into the real reasons why its happening.
    It's unfortunate. I don't post in this particular sub-forum too often for precisely that reason. I do lurk, though - and occasionally find myself tempted to bite the bullet and make a post.

For what it's worth, I think the EU did a lot of good - but that does not change the simple fact that it was originally meant to only be a mutually beneficial trade based agreement. European countries are similar in many ways, but in others they're very different. So it's understandable that when a particular political stance is taken it isn't necessarily received with a standing ovation. It's a shame, really - ideally I'd have liked to have seen the EU take a step back, undergo some reform and go back to focusing on its original touted purpose. I also would have liked for the UK to be able to part ways in a civil and efficient manner.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It should not be a terrible surprise that a considerable number of British people do not want uncontrolled immigration
    Of course, the last time we had uncontrolled immigration the English arrived XD

Deleted
    So answering a question about EU gangs, by talking about EU gangs, is wrong? Err...what?
    You didn't answer a question, you chose to enter a discussion between Pann and someone who was clearly on the far right. For some twisted reason you chose to back up the far right guy with a nonsenical statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    If they contribute to your economy and society in general, whilst having a very similar or possibly lower crime rate, then yes, it is a positive. According to your line of thought, even half the crime rate of native Brits wouldn't be good. It's still crime.

You're not thinking well about this.

Eastern Europeans are wonderful migrants in general. The ones you should worry about are unselected migrants from non-European regions.

Obviously I am categorically opposed to Eastern Europeans migrating to a country like Britain and contributing to their ridiculously overrated country, but to say that their contribution for you is not overall good is stupid.
    I don’t give a shit where migrants come from, I want them to be law abiding, willing to integrate and not overly disrupt the existing communities.

Mine is the classical view of how immigration should be dealt with.

Deleted
    I don’t give a shit where migrants come from, I want them to be law abiding, willing to integrate and not overly disrupt the existing communities.

They integrate. Doing exactly what your society is doing is the textbook definiton of integration. What you want is perfection, not integration. You won't find that anytime soon. Maybe anno 2500.

Deleted

Which is what actually happened outside of scaremongering misinformation in right-wing populist newspapers.

I know, because I actually live here.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It should not be a terrible surprise that a considerable number of British people do not want ... for many cities to end up like Birmingham and Bradford.
    What's so bad about Birmingham and Bradford?

That's specific to the uncontrolled immigration you were saying has everyones backs up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    They integrate
    Al those attacks say otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You didn't answer a question, you chose to enter a discussion between Pann and someone who was clearly on the far right. For some twisted reason you chose to back up the far right guy with a nonsenical statement.
    I pointed out that an increase in Eastern Europeans has led to an increase in Eastern European gangs, it wasn’t a controversial statement, you just decided to argue against something I didn’t say and now won’t let it drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    This is the type of person who voted Brexit. Doesn't even know what is being discussed.

Good luck with that civil debate thing.

Deleted

In addition, saying that you don't care where migrants come from is stupid.

Whilst we can never know for sure what will happen when any person or group arrive to a new country, we simply have to use past experience to make our prediction.

We know that taking masses of unselected non-Europeans doesn't work. Germany tried that with Turks. France with Moroccans. Europe in general has tried with various groups of people. The result is an increase in crime, lessening of social cohesion, and generally bad results. Thus we can presume that taking masses from the Middle East will not do well.

We know that taking masses of Eastern Europeans does work. It has worked so far. Even if there is initally an issue here and there, in the long term it is a benefit. It has been so everywhere.

So, it does matter. Get outside of your little box, my friend.

Whut ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The entire study is deeply flawed, because they consider anything disagreeing with their own point of view as Xenobhobia.

"We asked participants to what extent they agreed that immigrants in the UK ... threaten the British citizens’ jobs and economic opportunities,"

Well they do, some of them anyway. That's factual. Polish immigration has gone up seven fold in the UK since they joined the EU. How can anyone think such a massive influx of cheap labour could NOT have an impact on many British Citizens employment? Even if we assumed it didn't effect anyone's employability (which is nonsene) then it certainly impacts any future salary rises etc.

It's also worth noting that one of the groups most effected by this are actually the immigrants too. If they enjoy being in the country and want to settle down and start a family here, they'll continually be in competition for jobs with even cheaper new labour coming "fresh off the boats" as it were.

Immigration is complex and DOES effect many peoples lives here. I'm getting tired of this notion that any discussion of it beyond "open borders" is regarded as racism and xenophobia now.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    What attacks, by whom, and where?

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, make sure you make it very clear that "migrants" here are Eastern Europeans, not migrants from elsewhere. You mention it very lightly.

Eastern Europeans are not criminal migrants. They are civil and contribute to society.

NON-European migrants in general tend to be the bad kind.

Let's just make that clear.

Studies showing migration is not associated with crime uses "migration" here as an euphemism for "Eastern European migration", not all kind of migration. Leftists tend to use such studies for their vile agendas, but it doesn't really work well for them.

Brexit is about Europe. Eastern European migrants are from, you guessed it, Europe. Either you are saying that western european migrants cause crime or that leaving the EU will stop us from taking in migrants from the Middle East. We have been getting migrants from places like Pakistan since the 1950s and leaving the EU isn't the solution to stopping it.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Remember when Brexit was because of Age and no one really cared.
    then they said it was because of Education and no one really cared.
    Now they are going to try and label it as a "-Phobia" to try and get retards that care about Buzzwords to care.
    Are you residing in some kind of far-right bubble reinforcing your ideas and drowning everything else?
    It's been pretty apparent to the rest of us that immigration was the main cause of the result. Perhaps along with a few gullible percent who bought the NHS funding lie.

People have the right to be xenophobic. There's nothing wrong with being xenophobic. I myself am not xenophobic; I'm indifferent towards other people's differences, but I respect the choice when someone else decides the political direction of their own country based on such an attitude. If the majority do not want their country and culture to change any further, then they have the right to make that choice.

As long as xenophobia doesn't lead to physical or psychological trauma, it is as valid a standpoint as any other within the spectrum of a human's right to think for themselves and freely express their thoughts.

If Brittain doesn't want more arabs, if the US doesn't want more Mexicans, if China doesn't want more white people, then it is their right to decide not to have more of them, as long as they also quit meddling into the countries these people are coming from and stop contributing to their exodus.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-11-28 at 11:20 AM.