Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Where's all Sargeras hype?

US servers will go up in an hour and a half. In approximately 3 hours we'll get to see the ending cinematic. We will see Sargeras' titan-sized, planet-destroying body for the first time. Get your hype on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    US servers will go up in an hour and a half. In approximately 3 hours we'll get to see the ending cinematic. We will see Sargeras' titan-sized, planet-destroying body for the first time. Get your hype on!!!
    Too much power-creep. To me he is just the next "big" evil in a series of more and more unbelievable lore. I am gonna be honest, Deathwing had me more hyped than Sargeras at this point. The last big villain hype was Lich King.

If Lich King was Frieza in Dragon Ball Z, than Deathwing was Cell and Sargeras is Boo. That's also the order of hype.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2017-11-28 at 12:47 PM.

ResidentSleeper

Personally i'm just not sure what to expect. I'm more curious than hyped. Well i'm kinda hyped as well.

He's only a villain behind the curtain where we never get to fight him at his full power (which wouldn't make sense considering how powerful he is). He missed the mark of being as big of a villain like Arthas or Deathwing (the former ending up being a dissapointing fight). We haven't even seen Sargeras doing anything other then talking in cutscenes for a few sentences, everything the Legion has done is by his minions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    God i nearly forgot we'll get another cinematic, it's gonna be difficult to wait until tomorrow on EU servers to see it without succumb to the spoil

I always thought it was kinda dumb he was so damn big.

I guess via hole in the sky he can only administer a single puncture wound? You lucked out, Illidan.

What are the chances he is part of a mythic only phase?

Meh, they did a really poor job of making the legion feel like a threat, even Sargeras feels like a nobody that will just show up and get pwned. I want to watch the cinematic, that's about it though, no hype whatsoever.

Deleted
    i'm sure to many players sargeras is "that talking flame from the cutscene" and not much more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Meh, they did a really poor job of making the legion feel like a threat, even Sargeras feels like a nobody that will just show up and get pwned. I want to watch the cinematic, that's about it though, no hype whatsoever.
    I'm sure the cinematic will be awesome.
    But i understand the storytelling in Argus is more focus on cleaning demons and preparing the army of the light.

I am hyped to see him!

Been waiting to see him ever since War3. Must say it's almost kinda sad that such a huge chapter in Warcraft saga is coming to an end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    There were a bunch of datamined spells named after/themed after him, so fairly high.

100%. /10char

I always thought it was kinda dumb he was so damn big.

I guess via hole in the sky he can only administer a single puncture wound? You lucked out, Illidan.

He can cleave planets. They had to make him large.

Deleted
    If i dont see Sargeras in his full form with a fight i couldnt give a single fuck about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    100%. /10char
    The cinematic will be the same though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    He can cleave planets. They had to make him large.
    they didn't have to make them large. it adds almost nothing to the story. every titan we interact with in game is in an avatar or incorporeal.

Titans were just large dudes before chronicle and everybody happily accepted that they could reshape and destroy worlds. making them huge added like two cool things, the planet cleave and amanthul yanking yshaarj out of the ground. but the cost for that is that it messed all sorts of lore established up or made it inconsistent.

the height of irony is that the seat of the pantheon is a place for their avatars to gather, not themselves.

blizz has ruined the immersion of the titans this expac. No1 cares about them anymore.

Wondering how blizzard will make him look. Cinematics in legion so far have been amazing and serious. Hopefully it will look cool that sargeras is going to stab an zone that hasn’t gotten any attention since canilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    The cinematic will be the same though.
    Well of course, why would you expect anything else? Don't expect Sargeras to show up on Argus for the fight and have you punch him in the face or anything. It will probably be his power and influence, maybe even his spirit as an extra phase after you defeat Argus.

TBH this is one case where they could have made a bonus boss for Mythic, and it would have been fairly badass.