Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really hope not... They finally got the class to the point where totems aren't 100% mandatory, and I'd hate to see them revert to having more of the class's damage tied to something that's not me casting stuff.

Deleted
    I hope not. It is against teh loreeeeeeee. Besides pets are for huntards... and wlocks if you are up to petting a demon. Heavy petting zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Ooh, ooh, I know this one. Never forgot this bit of "lore" behind mage elementals.

Ok, here goes: The "elementals" mages bring forth are different from the ones associated with shaman. Those water elementals mages summon arent "alive". This elementals are created by the mages own arcane powers and mental prowess which is why they can command them at will. On the other hand the elementals shaman bring forth are independent entities that come from the elemental planes, so when you summon an Earth Elemental this counts more closely to a warlock bringing forth a demon but with the difference that, according to wow lore, the elemental agrees to this and does so by its own volition in order to help the shamman.

So there you have it, the elementals mages use arent real elementals, they are more like arcane infused water golems. On the other hand the elementals shaman use are brought forth from the elemental planes and are actually living entities that are helping us out of their own free will.
    All of which are ideas created by a designer, which means they can come up with stuff to justify ANY CLASS having a permanent out of nowhere pet if they wanted. It doesn't stand on any natural logic either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    All of which are ideas created by a designer, which means they can come up with stuff to justify ANY CLASS having a permanent out of nowhere pet if they wanted. It doesn't stand on any natural logic either way.

But muh #classfantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    So you just want to auto attack with a 2hander on and do a stormstrike every 10 seconds?
    There's nothing that says that it has to work that way.

They could go the route of SMF/TG for warriors and have DW with more attackspeed and higher chance to proc WF albeit with less WF damage.. and 2h proc WF less but with a lot higher damage.

Could turn Lava Lash into a cleave-ish type ability for 2h to give it a bit of a niche cleave/burst spec for fights. They have the know how to do it, we just haven't gotten it and likely never will.

i really dislike pets ... left DK and Mage cos of them :/ please dont add them to shammi

Nah, shamans shouldn't have elementals as pets, the actual summoning of a complete elemental should be a rare thing to put full fire power on to accomplish a goal.
    Personally I'd prefer if we had all kinds of elementals (earth, wind/storm, water/frost, fire), with different abilities/functions, but they were tied randomly to a single "Summon elemental" spell on a 5 or 10 min cooldown. Being near a specific elemental totem could increase the chances slightly to summon a specific one, but never with certainty, as the elements are fickle. They should instead buff up elemental shaman ability outside of the cooldown.

Interestingly enough, shamans actually have all the abilites from WC3 (that is shaman, far seer, witch doctor and spirit walker abilities) except.....

SENTRY TOTEM. Give it back, plz.

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    Water elementals for mages aren't elementals in the sense a fire elemental is to a shaman
    A mages water elemental is a conjuration of arcane kinda like arcane 'elementals'
    Lore-wise elemetals of the Mages are the same normal elementals Shamans deal with. Difference is - Shamans works in tandem with the elements, while Mages subjugate them with arcane magic. In a sense, there is no fire or frost mages lore-wise, they just use arcane magic to conjure flame and cold from the thin air, rather than manifesting it through the pact with the elements themselves, like Shamans do.
    Biggest example of the former - in the novel Tides of War, Jaina, with an enormously powerful arcane foci in her possesion, creates a tidal wave composed of water elementals, while the said elementals send a vision to Thrall at the Maelstorm, warning him about what she is doing. Even more so, when Thrall called to the water spirit and used HIS water magic, Jaina was able to use his water shield to summon even more elementals.
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    So there you have it, the elementals mages use arent real elementals, they are more like arcane infused water golems. On the other hand the elementals shaman use are brought forth from the elemental planes and are actually living entities that are helping us out of their own free will.
    Same as the above. Mages' and Shamans' elementals are the same living beings. A brainless arcane golem composed of water wouldn't be able to send a vision to a shaman.
    Last edited by Halwyn; 2017-11-30 at 05:03 PM.

I'm perfectly fine with riding one. Don't need another one to follow me around all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Actually, I even used it somewhat in Cata. Not a lot of people knew about it as some abilities wouldn't work with a 2H but if you popped ascendance, weapon switched to a 2h, you'd one shot people, even those with the best gear. And then you weapon switched back to dual wield.

It's more about giving people a choice, such as the hunters who got a melee spec!
    Yes many hunters playing since beginning / TBC are so happy about this choice (which it isnt really).